Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Lockdown chicken drumsticks and chestnut mushrooms dipped in the same coating and deep fried too and shur while I was at it and the oil was hot I deep fried some left over baby potatoes as well. A bit of salad on the plate then to ease the guilt and add a bit of colour.

All washed down with a cold Canadian Molson and then a tiny packet of very fizzy Love Hearts that could well have been out of date for dessert.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice now with crushed ice because why not.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

How long does it take you chefs to cook these fantastic looking meals? wow!

Today - slice of bread, orange, cuppa coffee - basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    How long does it take you chefs to cook these fantastic looking meals? wow!

Today - slice of bread, orange, cuppa coffee - basic.

As a personal example and based on my last pic, it took a prep of 30 mins. I preheated the oven, wrapped the beef in foil and boiled some peas while the oven heated. Took the peas off the ring after 15 mins and popped the beef in the oven on high for an hour. Reduced the heat to very low and left it in for another 3 hours. Took it out and let it rest after that. Then popped the oven to 200 and when it got there put the Supervalu trays of gratin and garlic spuds in for 25 odd mins. Sliced the beef while the trays were in. Once the trays of spuds were done made Bisto gravy and served it up after microwaving the peas for 90 seconds.

So I only really cooked beef and peas and sat on my arse for hours during the process. I suppose its about organisation, timing and routine. Took me my teen years to learn it as I cooked a lot of Sunday dinners because my parents worked a lot of Sundays. The experience just stuck with me. However it took me years and years to get a beef joint right. Cook books before youtube and google.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I woke late today and skipped breakfast (coffee on the go)
    After a trip to lidl it feels like i have been snacking all afternoon, had a roll with smoked ham lettuce mayo tomato followed shortly after with a tuna roll with loadsa utterly butterly.
    Just finished a ribeye and king prawn all from lidl with the last of the mushy peas from last night. Mushy peas are really underrated it was a while since i picked them up

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    After a trip to lidl it feels like i have been snacking all afternoon, had a roll with smoked ham lettuce mayo tomato followed shortly after with a tuna roll with loadsa utterly butterly.
    Just finished a ribeye and king prawn all from lidl with the last of the mushy peas from last night. Mushy peas are really underrated it was a while since i picked them up

Mushy peas are seriously underrated. Not sure if you had the Lidl brand, but I prefer Aldi. Really mushy.

• Advertisement

IrishLad90 wrote: »

I would happily follow that coffee, crusty bread rolls and surf and turf diet for a weeks on end, it's right up my street.

Mushy peas for me have one position to occupy in this world and that is on the side of the plate with chips. It can be anything else joining the chips and the mushy peas but usually it's fish or meat and the more the merrier.

I don't know how it happens that people feel strongly about not mixing two certain types of food together but I do know some other people who feel exactly the same as myself when it comes to mushy peas, they should only be served with chips and of course other people look at you as if to say "WTF, a pea is a pea?"

Pizza on pineapple is another big No! No! for me.

If I was on death row and someone gave me mushy peas with mash or pizza with pineapple on top as my last meal I would die hungry and angry.

I'd be raging actually at the injustice of it all, a hungry innocent man.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Sensations & Wine watching GBBO

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tomato soup and a cheese sandwich .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tomato soup and a cheese sandwich .

Unbelievable. Just had carrot and coriander soup with a cheese sandwich!

Huge fan of mushy peas here especially the Aldi ones, also love pineapple on pizza. Jealous of the beef meals, I've never cooked edible beef and my gang love it.
    Bit of everything here today but no actual meal, brekkie biscuits, an apple and banana in work, a few Roses during the afternoon and brown bread (the Aldi Atlantic brown is absolutely gorgeous) cherry tomatoes, coleslaw and red onions for my tea, I was just too tired to cook this evening, pizza and Aldi wedges for the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Mash Direct potato croquettes and Heinz beans with loads of hot sauce. Such comfort food.

Mushy peas for me have one position to occupy in this world and that is on the side of the plate with chips. It can be anything else joining the chips and the mushy peas but usually it's fish or meat and the more the merrier.

I don't know how it happens that people feel strongly about not mixing two certain types of food together but I do know some other people who feel exactly the same as myself when it comes to mushy peas, they should only be served with chips and of course other people look at you as if to say "WTF, a pea is a pea?"

Pizza on pineapple is another big No! No! for me.

If I was on death row and someone gave me mushy peas with mash or pizza with pineapple on top as my last meal I would die hungry and angry.

I'd be raging actually at the injustice of it all, a hungry innocent man.

I'll eat mushy peas with mash, chips and roasties. Love them mixed through mash especially. I'm a mixer eater and try to balance loads on the fork.:D Now as for pizza and pineapple, well I don't really eat pizza and never touch pineapple so I can't see the appeal either. That said I've seen some fooking mad toppings on pizzas that actually made me feel ill. Not good after a rake of pints. I'd have to say, sorry lads I'm gonna sit over there with my quarter pounder with cheese and chips. Can't be looking at that.:D

Bacon and cabbage with mash tonight. Got a slab of Canadian in Aldi today for under 20 quid. I may sample a few.

Added a splash of Bisto to my bacon and cabbage dinner and broke out the first mince pie of the season for dessert. Way earlier than usual.:D

IMG-20201118-175016.jpg

Thinly sliced fillet of venison stir fried with a bag of frozen asian style veg and a couple of sachets of black bean sauce thrown in near the end. It was awesome.

A Daim bar and a couple of cold Canadian Molson now, very enjoyable and under 80 cent a pint.

I'm having an Irish latte and a doughnut I got today. It smells like alcohol but there isn't any in it. Nice taste off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Again... :/

I clearly need to make more of an effort!

Looks lovely, very nice presentation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Lynn Door

Best flambèd bread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

After the pineapple on pizza talk, I'm eating a tub of pineapple cottage cheese from Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner and a Star bar for dessert :)

• Advertisement

Cajun wedges with a cajun mayo dip. Nom nom

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Fried egg on toast and a hot coffee. Sitting in front of the fire, which I've lit because it's freeeeeeezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Was salmon potato kale and mushroom today.

I went to the fish monger in Dunnes today and asked for a cut around the size of 3 darnes from the side of salmon thinking it was done in weight/per kg like the rest of the section, to my suprise after she cut it i am then talked into buying the whole side as thats the only way it is sold (facepalm) I really should have just left, but looks like salmon for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

^ no sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Marshmallows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Marshmallows.
    ...and hot chocolate.

Fathom wrote: »
    ...and hot chocolate.

sounds good. too lazy and full from other food :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

sounds good. too lazy and full from other food :D
    Yo Jenna. Lazy and full go together. :D

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Jenna. Lazy and full go together. :D

Aye! :) Increased body fat and muscle loss too :pac:

• Advertisement

Aye! :) Increased body fat and muscle loss too :pac:
    Guilty me. Works out! Between sips of black coffee.

Advertisement