Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mprn number

Options
  • 18-07-2019 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently moved into an apartment and I am looking to open an account. The previous tenant who had the account in her name has left and closed off the account. I am looking on the website to open the account but I don’t have a previous bill with the mprn number. How can I get it? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Bloc Party,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

When taking note of the meter-reading to open your new account, also take note of the serial number that contains the letters "RM" on the meter.

Then contact Electric Ireland Sales on 1850 30 50 90 - they can find the MPRN and register you.

If you have any other questions before proceeding, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hi Bloc Party,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

When taking note of the meter-reading to open your new account, also take note of the serial number that contains the letters "RM" on the meter.

Then contact Electric Ireland Sales on 1850 30 50 90 - they can find the MPRN and register you.

If you have any other questions before proceeding, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi Una,

Thanks a mill for your reply. If I have the old account number would that work too?

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Bloc Party,

You're very welcome.

The account number can be used to help identify the property if speaking to an agent but it could not be used to register online as you should have a different account number. The MPRN refers to the property though, so this will always remain the same regardless of who is living there.

The former tenants may use that account number to register at their new address. You will be given a new account number.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement