Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WLTP emissions and tax for 201 cars

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

The method of testing cars for fuel consumption and emissions has changed from NEDC to WLTP.

This is being done in two phases. The first phase (which we're still supposed to be in) is where the WLTP figures are converted back to NEDC. That's why the motor tax figures are what Peugeot says they are, Peugeot just haven't supplied you with the converted NEDC figure.

Even though they are converted back to NEDC, they are still higher than when the cars were tested solely on the NEDC cycle.

When the second phase comes in (which I think is in the second half of this year), then the full WLTP figures will be used. These are the CO2 figures Peugeot are quoting, and then the car tax will be based on the numbers you suggested.

Of course, nothing has changed at all in terms of the engines etc, they are still going to use as much fuel as they did before, just now the on-paper figures should match the real driving experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Does that mean I’ll be paying the NEDC rate @ 390 initially, which will lower to the WLTP rate of 200 in the second half of the year? If so, should I tax for just 3 months on the old rate until the new WLTP rate kicks in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

No, the full WLTP figure is higher than the one that is converted back to NEDC (which in turn is higher than when cars were fully tested on the NEDC) so when that comes into effect on new cars their motor tax figures will be higher as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Thanks I think I got it. The WLTP CO2 figure of 146 will result in a Euro 390 tax when WLTP fully comes into effect, but until then the correlated NEDC A4 band and Euro 200 tax will apply. It’s better to get the current annual tax before it doubles! I do hope the government retains the correlated tax bands or WLTP might affect new car sales.

Best,
    /t

Advertisement