Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any of those worth a listen lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Bookmakers one is decent, if you can put up with mikey fogerty changing his mind every 2 minutes.
    Has David Jennings as compere so goes along smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Listening to the Tote one at the minute. Enjoying it , just like a group of lads sitting around having a chat. Get the feeling Nolan is excited by the chances of Discorama.....

Just after finishing Day One of Bookmakers, like Diarmuid so went with that. Worth a listen.

Can someone transcribe them please :D:D

maximo31 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXuggGdn60&feature=youtu.be&has_verified=1

This has Rebecca Curtis. Enough said!!
    And Leonna Mayor...

Emma Jones appearances too ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The sexual tension is very heavy in this one.

I mean I am putting my cards on the table here and saying that I would allow Jane Mangan eat crisps in the bed.... it needs to be said. But poor Nolan is sitting there with his legs shaking. Take it phucking easy Paul , will ye?

In fairness the whole lot of them need a few shots of Sambuca, the craic levels are not great. Paddy Flood needs a holiday fast.

Bryan Gault on Twitter tweeting from the Sean Graham preview night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

One could lose their shirt following all these tipsters. Who is worth taking notice of ?
    Id have thought Gary O Brien or David Casey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

LuasSimon wrote: »
    One could lose their shirt following all these tipsters. Who is worth taking notice of ?
    Id have thought Gary O Brien or David Casey

Diarmud nolan was quite knowledgeable on the bookmakers.com previews made a good point about Henderson's supreme horses. O brien would be another too not overly taken by many others

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HUUUUUGEMELONS

If you value your sanity, avoid Emmet Kennedy like the plague.

Chap is a world class bluffer and he cannot help himself with an unhealthy level of arrogance and buffoonery

Final Furlong Podcast needs to lose him altogether because everyone can't be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Don't think i have ever seen such a correct first post on any forum!

Even to look at him gives me the chills.
    So desperate to be liked, to be seen as funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HUUUUUGEMELONS

Such is my fury at the level of Kennedy's blufferage that I was compelled to sign up to Boards and get it off my chest!

In any event, enjoy Cheltenham one and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is Cheltenham definitely going ahead?
    Why waste money on a preview if it's not happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

eagle eye wrote: »

ah stop will ya

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

eagle eye wrote: »

Not living up to your username if you didn't spot the thread on here about the coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

madmoose wrote: »

Holding gets more right than wrong in fairness.

• Advertisement

I am watching it now, Blake is on Darver Star anyway. Phucker was cancelling the race at the weekend. Big Tony reckons that the race is being underrated and that punters are being lazy saying its a bad race, has a bit of a point in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sure tog off anyway!

Jasus,

That Declan Rix is some waste of space! waste of a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Jasus,

A complete clown. So is that David Fogerty, state of him in that Racehour preview the last day. He's fried in the head

Jasus,

Andrew00 wrote: »
    A complete clown. So is that David Fogerty, state of him in that Racehour preview the last day. He's fried in the head

He is taking a bit of a beating, tough seat.

Big Tony is some craic, I want to go for pints with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Only seen bits and pieces but it seems pretty rubbish, and Declan Rix doesn't half talk some sh!t.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Only seen bits and pieces but it seems pretty rubbish, and Declan Rix doesn't half talk some sh!t.

Poor Deccy getting an awful time of it.

Big Tony is very sweet on Goshen and Envoi Allen.

I am in love with big Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Steals a living does Rix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Tony is a legend, i asked him for his banker on Twitter, replied with Appreciate It.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Missed the start but selections from what i saw for anyone that wants them from that ATR preview

Champion chase
    Tony mullins; defi / dynamite dollars ew
    Chapman - altior
    tony keenan - defi
    declan rix - defi
    kevin blake - defi

ryanair
    tk - aso ew / a plus tard
    dr - frodon ew
    tm - a plus tard
    kb - a plus tard
    mc - frodon

stayers
    kb - paisley park / apples jade ew
    tm - summerville boy
    dr - the worlds end
    mc - paisley park

gold cup
    dr - al boum photo / bristol de mai ew
    tk - santini / delta work
    tm - al boum photo / bristol de mai ew
    kb - santini / monalee ew
    mc - clan des obeaux ew / delta work

supreme
    tk - asterion forlange
    tm -
    kb - chantry house
    mc - fiddlerontheroof
    dr - shishkin

ballymore
    tm - envoi allen
    tk - envoi allen
    dr - sporting john ew / wo
    kb - envoi allen
    mc - the big breakaway

albert bartlett
    kb - thyme hill
    tm - latest exhibition
    tk - latest exhibition
    dr - cobblers way ew

triumph
    tm - goshen *NAP*
    dr - solo
    mc - goshen
    kb - es par atar

arkle
    mc - brewinupastorm ew
    kb - brewinupastorm
    dr - notebook
    tm - fakir doudaries
    tk - notebook

marsh
    mc - faugheen
    kb -
    tm - easy game
    tk - easy game
    dr - mister fisher

rsa
    kb - minella indo
    tk - copperhead ew
    dr - champ
    tm - champ
    mc - copperhead ew

Other bets:
    tk
    mares novice - concertista
    pertemps - the storyteller
    martin pipe - front view

dr
    mares novice - floressa
    county - aramon

tm
    mares novice - colreevy
    coral cup / martin pipe - alpha mix

kb
    kim muir - plan of attack
    boodles fred winter - tronador
    mares novice - floressa

NAPs
    dr - carefully selected
    tk - a plus tard
    tm - goshen
    kb - a plus tard
    mc - altior

Tony is a legend, i asked him for his banker on Twitter, replied with Appreciate It.

Only a fiver in the Bumper for me. So I want a nicer price.

He also said Colreavy and I think I will have a few quid on her, she is lovely mare. If she got in the race I think she wins it. She will have to keep up with the favourite though.

They were all sweet on A Plus Tard.

Poor Deccy Rix will have no one to have a pint with.... unless Sceau Royall wins the Champion Chase:rolleyes: he is some buachaill. In saying all that I agree with his argument on one of the bigger prices getting placed, which one though? I have said before I am only having a fiver on that race anyway.

They were all sweet on Cromwells handicapper also, has to be worth a look.

If I am ever down around Leighlinbridge I am hounding big Tony for pints, on the bucket list for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Spot on re Rix
    An absolute dose that fella

Mullins very good
    Cant have his love for Goshen tho

I can't disagree with him about Goshen. I hope the papers don't like him and he gets a juicier price.

But he ticks a lot of boxes on his flat form, 3 runs for his mark and then he pisses in 3 times. His 80 rating could be conservative for the flat. He keeps winning races, I like backing those ones.

The last horse he beat on the flat had already won a few. If he was trained by Henderson he would be even money.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Should be going to bed... watching preview nights! #WeekBefore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Spot on re Rix
    An absolute dose that fella

Personal highlight was when he said altior is more at home on the new course at Cheltenham when he has never ran on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Personal highlight was when he said altior is more at home on the new course at Cheltenham when he has never ran on it

In fairness I don't think he said that exactly, and if he did he clearly meant he would be more suited, something a good few people would agree with.

I've no time for Rix at all tbh, don't see what he offers other then being a dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Betfair preview is on tonight.. Ambassador's panel so it'll be decent or painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

moyvalley preview last night was pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevtipp85

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Only a fiver in the Bumper for me. So I want a nicer price.

He also said Colreavy and I think I will have a few quid on her, she is lovely mare. If she got in the race I think she wins it. She will have to keep up with the favourite though.

They were all sweet on A Plus Tard.

Poor Deccy Rix will have no one to have a pint with.... unless Sceau Royall wins the Champion Chase:rolleyes: he is some buachaill. In saying all that I agree with his argument on one of the bigger prices getting placed, which one though? I have said before I am only having a fiver on that race anyway.

They were all sweet on Cromwells handicapper also, has to be worth a look.

If I am ever down around Leighlinbridge I am hounding big Tony for pints, on the bucket list for sure.

which one of cromwell's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

kevtipp85 wrote: »
    which one of cromwell's?

You mind your own business Kev!

• Advertisement

Earendil wrote: »

Strange name for a horse!

Racing Post 2020 Cheltenham Festival Preview with Paul Kealy, David Jennings and Tom Segal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnA5_DjMRgE

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭charliegeorge

Earendil wrote: »

The one that JP now owns?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

The one that JP now owns?

yep

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Alfa Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Croll wrote: »
    yep

Ilikedwayurthinkin has been fav for the Martin Pipe since Christmas, will they punt another one of theirs at a bigger price? For the price he is, Ilikedwayurthinkin would want to have about a stone up his sleeve. 5/1 is a mad price, now he could win and win well because I think we all say his run at Fairyhouse in December and the drift that day said it all. He was flagged up by everyone after that day and the bookmakers took no chances. Early Doors was a potential Grade 1 horse over hurdles and they waited with him to get their big day and to win that race you probably need a Grade 1 level horse it’s that competitive. Some good horses have won it over the last couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Why do none of the previews try and pick apart the handicaps? Even just the main ones without the lotteries.. the Ultima, Plate, Grand Annual. I'd be very interested in that. Getting sick of the hearing the same stuff over and over.

This craic of giving views on grade 1s is tiresome. There's no angle. The best horses will win despite the 20 different opinions I've heard. I want to know where a mistake has been made in handicapping and why.. where form is being overlooked and a horse is overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

FatRat wrote: »
    Why do none of the previews try and pick apart the handicaps? Even just the main ones without the lotteries.. the Ultima, Plate, Grand Annual. I'd be very interested in that. Getting sick of the hearing the same stuff over and over.

This craic of giving views on grade 1s is tiresome. There's no angle. The best horses will win despite the 20 different opinions I've heard. I want to know where a mistake has been made in handicapping and why.. where form is being overlooked and a horse is overpriced.

The reality is that the majority of people that attend the previews don’t want to hear about the handicaps or horses that are decent prices. Lots of people want the big races with short prices so they can have a big punt based on what Joseph or Gordon or Davy says.

The preview nights are a bit of fun and people are always advised not to read too much into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

FatRat wrote: »

Because they would be found out as knowing **** all and ruin their shot at a few bob doing the preview circuit next year again. Read the Daniel Watkins guide if you want the handicaps picked apart. 3rd most tipped winners last year of anyone at previews or doing a preview of the ones i took note of last year. Noel Meade interestingly enough was number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

akelly02 wrote: »
    moyvalley preview last night was pathetic

I was there too. They lashed through it, finished before 10pm. Which was better than dragging on till midnight in fairness.
    Not much to take from it...they all seemed sweet on Fiddlerontheroof in the Supreme...luke warm on Solo in the Triumph(time was bad etc), but Irish juveniles are not great either...Willies lads are purring about Min (according to Shark Hanlon)..a shout for Ramses des Teilles (cant remember who) in the Albert Bartlett as his experience ticks the boxes for a winner of that race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Poor Deccy Rix will have no one to have a pint with.... unless Sceau Royall wins the Champion Chase:rolleyes: he is some buachaill. In saying all that I agree with his argument on one of the bigger prices getting placed, which one though?

DYNAMITE DOLLARS. Drop mic and exit

• Advertisement
Advertisement