Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Subject to Teach (Secondary Sch)

Options
  • 06-02-2020 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

If you were or are a qualified Secondary School teacher and were looking at studying an additional subject, what subjects would you recommend?

Besides Maths i should add.
    I suppose im looking for subjects that are in demand for teachers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

Languages including Gaeilge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Irish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I agree Irish is a good one, but before you think too much about it you should also check what's possible. I looked in this a few years ago, really wanted to add Geography, but only History and English were available online at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EAD

What subjects do you have a passion for? Couldn't teach for 40 yrs in this ever-evolving job if I didn't love my subjects; soul destroying!

Advertisement