Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA Subbing

Options
  • 02-02-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

I have completed QQI level 5 in Special Needs Assisting.
    Does anyone know how to apply to a school for any subbing positions that may arise? Is it through Educationposts.ie? I have checked the website but nothing is showing up, but I am unsure if there is just nothing available at the moment or if this is not the correct route for applying for subbing roles.
    I was thinking of contacting the Principal of the school where I did my work experience and see what the response is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

For teachers looking for subbing, most people just go into schools and give in their cv. I’d imagine it would be the same for snas. Perhaps include some special schools as well as mainstream as there’d be a bigger pool of snas so more likelihood of them needing subs. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SNAs need to get separate garda vetting for each school they sub in so you'll need to go to each school individually in any case. It's a very stupid and unwieldy system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

kandr10 wrote: »
    For teachers looking for subbing, most people just go into schools and give in their cv. I’d imagine it would be the same for snas. Perhaps include some special schools as well as mainstream as there’d be a bigger pool of snas so more likelihood of them needing subs. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll do that.
    SNAs need to get separate garda vetting for each school they sub in so you'll need to go to each school individually in any case. It's a very stupid and unwieldy system.

That's right, yes. It is a bit tedious. I have it for 2 schools in my locality where I have volunteered/done work experience.

A few SNA's have told me not to offer subbing for more than 2 schools, as the more you turn them down, they won't call you back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks, I'll do that.

That's right, yes. It is a bit tedious. I have it for 2 schools in my locality where I have volunteered/done work experience.

A few SNA's have told me not to offer subbing for more than 2 schools, as the more you turn them down, they won't call you back again.

I guess it depends where you apply to and the frequency that they’d require subs. If they’re 2 special schools with loads of snas between them fair enough. Otherwise, I’d try to apply to a few more each week unless you’re getting loads of calls.

Advertisement