Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I think it's a bad trailer but I'm sure the game will be great if it follows the quality and style of the RE2 remake.

Looking forward to it. Damn we getting FF7, Cyberpunk and RE3 in the same timeframe now.

Gonna be a good year for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

I don't see how anyone could call the classic outfit over sexualised. And why does Carlos look like Shaggy now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Evade wrote: »
    why does Carlos look like Shaggy now?

Makes him look older and rougher around the edges which is what you'd expect a nomadic mercenary to look like, not his boy band looks from earlier games

Makes him look older and rougher around the edges which is what you'd expect a nomadic mercenary to look like, not his boy band looks from earlier games
    He is (or used to be) 21, he probably doesn't have much nomadic mercenary experience. I don't think that's even old enough to have completed a minimum contract in most militarys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

nix wrote: »
    heh, its more than just that though, Zombies dont attack in formation or try and grab you like a mugger :D:pac:

Maybe they got good too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I can't be the only one that really disliked Code Veronica?

Nope, I think it's ****e. Played through a chunk of it with a friend on the Dreamcast back when. I vaguely recall stupid frustrating metal detector puzzles and some hammy over the top posh fella living in a mansion or something. It felt like it took itself a bit too seriously.

We turned it off after we got to some awful worm boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I remember liking Code Veronica back in the day, but it was a bit weird and very very cheesy in a lot of the cut scenes, especially more noticeable in a later years play through, it didnt age well, then again none of them did really :pac:

Id still place it higher than a lot of other Resi evils ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a feeling mercenaries will be excluded in favour of Resistance online game. I didn't fancy that beta, much prefer mercenaries mode. I can't remember playing it in 3 though, 4 was my first mercenaries experience.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The first Resident Evil through to Code Veronica were all super cheesy and filled with cring inducing dialogue.

While hardly Oscar worthy by any stretch of the imagination, the dialogue became something less of joke from the Remake of RE1 onward's and the includes 4.

Of all the classic Resident Evil games, they all got good reviews with the least acclaimed being Resident Evil 0, but even that still got reviewed okay. But I think by the time of Code Veronica the series was getting a little stale, Code Veronica was just more of the same with better graphics.

I enjoyed all the classic RE games but actually only played a small amount of Code Veronica, its the only one I didn't complete. Its been years since I played the first 3 games and I loved them at the time but I'm not sure what it would be like to play them now. REmake was excellent and I will play that again, RE0 was okay but no real urge to play it again any time soon.

Still you have to commend Capcom for mixing things up. You may not like RE4 but I believe its an absolute classic 3rd person shooter. The first play through of the village area at the start of the game is one of those all time great gaming experiences. Such tension being chased around by that angry mob including the sack b"**tard with the chainsaw.

It was also Capcoms willingness to experiment with the RE brand that lead to the development of Devil May Cry.

RE5 wasn't as good as 4 but was still decent and was good fun in co-op. Fun mercs mode.

RE6, Leons campaign was actually pretty damn good, the other 3 not so much but the game has far and away the best version of Mercenaries mode. They put alot of effort into the melee combat system particularly when playing as Jake but the game never really explained the mechanics of melee combat or gave you much opportunity to use it which was a shame, because it was a lot of fun.

Revelations 1 and 2 were solid if unspectacular entries in the series, hardly memorable though. Raid mode was a little undercooked IMO at least in Rev 2.

RE7, again credit to Capcom for mixing things up. The really got the horror vibe right at the start of the game but the 2nd half of the game loses its way a lot IMO. Still it was the best RE since RE4.

RE2 Remake. Another classic and another reinvention of RE. Felt like a merger of classic RE with modern RE and striking the balance just right between survival horror gameplay but with the camera and controls of the more modern RE games in shiny new graphics.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Have a little faith. RE2-R and even RE7 to an extent have earned them that much after the farcical action-blockbuster-movie RE's sent them down this path in the first place.

Look man its perfectly feasible to survive crashing a stealth bomber from high altitude that contains a missile with the worlds most potent bio-weapon inside it, into an active volcano. You don't even need to be strapped into a seat to do so!. Perfectly feasible. Just as feasible for Wesker who got sucked out of the same plane miles away to survive the impact of hitting the water following his plunge from a mile or so above the earth, track where the plane crashed and then in a matter of mere 2-3 minutes swim to the island with the volcano then climb said volcano for his confrontation with the protagonists. Very credible stuff. Though maybe Chris punching that boulder was very slightly over the top...nah Chris must just work out alot.

• Advertisement

New demo for Resi 2 released with no time limit this time. Someone found that if you try to leave the precinct, you will hear what most likely will be Nemesis in Resi 3 saying STAAAAARS. Sounds terrifying.

https://twitter.com/JuankaM24/status/1205719756382322688?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Welp

From some translated developer interviews, apparently there is going to be more differences in the RE3 remake from RE3 than there was for the RE2 remake from RE2.

Some story events may be dramatically changed from the original game while they have tried to make the characters more interesting. The character of Dario (the guy who hid in the truck container at the start of RE3) is back and will have a much bigger role.

They also said the Hunter Beta enemies are back but have been redesigned for the modern era, whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Probably just the same as how they redesigned some of the other creatures and characters, so they'll look a little different. Was never a fan of the Hunter Betas, as they just looked like acne ridden froggy hunters... The original hunters were genuinely scary looking when you first encounter them, the hunter beta looked more comical than scary. (Looks wise at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Yeah i think the hunter game actually swallowed you whole.when you died it was pretty funny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember even at the time of Resi 1's release people thought the hunters looked stupid. I'm up for a redesign as long as they can still lop your head off in one swipe.

Am I the only one that thinks the hunters look cool? Giant angry massive clawed toads, what's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uAw4yJhkEo
    video of the hunter gamma death sequence

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If anyone's interested in pre-ordering, Greenmangaming have 25% off with the code "25RE3".

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

That cinematic of the Hunter making a b-line from the plant-section to the main mansion and opening the door with its clawed hands always marked my least favourite part of the game - zombies being replaced by those buggers.

Back in the day that was a very scary moment. I loved the hunters because they were hard to kill, much tougher than lickers. Id love them to change the ending so that they could lead on to another RE game based in umbrellas headquarters in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The opening sequence for Code Veronica showed Claire being captured during a raid on Umbrella Paris and that's how she ended up on their prison island

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I remember even at the time of Resi 1's release people thought the hunters looked stupid. I'm up for a redesign as long as they can still lop your head off in one swipe.

That used to trigger me fierce, but yes tension was so ramped up. The dread of moving from room to room.

Running away from them didn't always lead to success either.

Think that part in the original RE1 was brilliant

Sorry RopeDrink, let's just hope Mercs gets added later but not looking good.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1215362320970452992?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ugh... My hype for this has died considerably. Clearly they want people to play the new Multiplayer mode being released with it, but it looks utter pants to me. Why would they NOT add Mercenaries? It makes absolutely no sense.

TBF, there's only 2 scenarios for Mercenaries reception from hardcores like you:

1. It's the same as prior games. Everyone complains that nothing has been innovated.
    2. It's way different from prior games. Everyone complains that it sucks now.

Either way, Capcom would lose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »

I look forward to beating him knife only. :cool:

I hope they keep the bonuses for beating him in the optional fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Was that nemises on the ground at the end? Looked like someone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was that nemises on the ground at the end? Looked like someone else...

Another one!? Oh come on!!

• Advertisement

The scene around the cars looks like the old opening. I'd say it's Nemesis wearing that hat.

Advertisement