Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Scottish Open: December 9-15 (Eurosport, Quest)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Trump on point, you can hear the clear and distinct strike on the ball. Playing well and putting Doty under all sorts of pressure

Soon as I post that, trump misses and Doty back on the balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Dott grew up in Glasgow and will have a lot of hometown support here.

Both players playing well

Good evening's snooker, if not a great one for the big names, with Higgins, Robertson, and Murphy all going out — although Higgins did make a century break tonight, which means that he has surpassed Hendry and is now second behind Ronnie on the all-time list.

And that brings us to tomorrow's quarterfinals:

Afternoon:

Mark Allen v Scott Donaldson
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Selby

Evening:

Jack Lisowski v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    David Gilbert v Judd Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking forward to Selby against Ronnie. I'm sure Selby is aware of Ronnie's comments about his slow play and I'm equally sure it doesn't bother him in the slightest and he will actually probably try and slow it down even more just to test O'Sullivan's very limited patience. Ronnie playing well but missed a few against Perry who had plenty of chances to at least bring it to a decider. You'd probably have to pick Ronnie on form but if Selby can make it scrappy who knows.

Potential semi-final meet up between pals Jack Lisowski and Judd Trump as well. Jack has never really pushed on from his early promise and still looking for his first ranking tournament win (I think). He's nearly thirty now so he's probably hit his ceiling at this stage. Tough match against Un-Nooh though and I can't see him making the last four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

I feel Ronnie needs to win this since he's not playing in the masters.

I'd also love Lisowski to win. Nice player to watch.

Allen/Donaldson breaking off now on the main table with Ronnie/Selby to follow (but not before 2 pm).

Two tables in play this evening, with Trump/Gilbert on the main table.

Selby and Ronnie playing rock, paper, scissors in lieu of a handshake. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Ronnie butchers an early chance. Selby in. One thing walloping lads like Martin Gould but totally different matter playing one of his nemesis'. If Selby gets a good start it could be curtains for Ronnie. He"s a great front runner with no pressure but Selby, whether he admits it or not, gets under his skin like no other.

• Advertisement

Selby and Ronnie playing rock, paper, scissors in lieu of a handshake. :)

Play Ronnie at his own game. Refuse the fist bump due to health reasons and offer a wee shoulder bump. Ronnie needs the tables turned on his nonsense.

First frame to the Torturer with a 120 clearance.

Selby means business. Century in first frame. Ronnie will have to earn his victory today. No easy street against the Leicester grinder.

Selby misses an opening red by a country mile, leaves the balls open and easy and Ronnie mops up. 1-1 in jig time.

Selby welded to his seat looking like he's going to internally combust with rage.

Ronnie giving as good as he gets in the tactical battle.

Made a point of not attempting a 147 there when he played on the pink.

So strange how Ronnie seems to almost always leave a shot in the bottom left pocket after he breaks. Surely he can make some adjustment. It seems to happen almost every time.

Made a point of not attempting a 147 there when he played on the pink.

I make that four good chances of a maxi lately and he turns it down. What point is he making now? Disappointing for the fans in attendance and the millions on tv that he keeps doing this.

I think it's a protest over the removal of the 147 bonus. And he's not going to help other players get to the mythical 20.

• Advertisement

Decider. Ron in first with a corker of a red but poor split of the pack results im a break of 8. The Torturer still grinding away. Anyones game.

Selby wins tactical battle and looking good for his 5th deciding frame victory v Ronnie out of 8 attempts.

Selbys to loose from here, I can see the smile on Ronnies face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Selby a lucky fellow there. Careless to let ronnie back into that.

Excellent match. Both players played really well. As Joe says Selby got lucky in the end there. Criminal to let Ronnie back in there but got away with it.

Ronnie threw it away in last frame by losing patience with Selbys safety play and attempting a 1 in 10 long shot from the cushion. Very poor way to go out but he's lost it v Selby before so not surprising. Only himself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ronnie threw it away in last frame by losing patience with Selbys safety play and attempting a 1 in 10 long shot from the cushion. Very poor way to go out but he's lost it v Selby before so not surprising. Only himself to blame.

Yep, seemed to just get bored and played that shot with no conviction whatsoever.

A perfect example of why Ronnie dislikes Sheffield and hasn't done much there in years. He bust a gut there today to lead 4-3 and when it went to a decider he basically threw a days hard work away because he threw his toys out of the pram with Selbys safety. He couldn't grind it out for even four or five shots. It had got to him and childishly imo he just went for a ridiculoys kamikaze tiny percentage shot knowing the frame and match was more than likely gone if and when he missed. To be honest after that he deserved to be beaten. You dont mess around with the snooker gods like that. Selby, once again, ground him into submission? Harsh maybe, buts thats my take on it.

Inexplicable from Ronnie earlier. Just when he seems stable and focused, he blows up.

1-1 on both tables now. Un-Nooh almost made a century but fouled the pink on 99.

• Advertisement

Brilliant 143 clearance from Lisowski to lead 2-1.

Advertisement