Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tow Hitch Bike Rack

Options
  • 27-02-2020 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Has anyone got any recommendations for a 3 bike rack for a tow hitch?
    Would mostly be used for just one bike,but occasionally 2 or 3.Is it hard to get one that's a decent fit for todays longer bikes and wider tyres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We have a basic Halfords one. No problem fitting mountain bike tyres, not sure about the big fat ones, but I’d say it would be fine.

Easy and quick to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

covey123 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any recommendations for a 3 bike rack for a tow hitch?
    Would mostly be used for just one bike,but occasionally 2 or 3.Is it hard to get one that's a decent fit for todays longer bikes and wider tyres?

I've got a Buzzrack 4 bike one but they do 2 and 3 as well. Slightly more expensive but very solid. Takes mountain bikes ok but not fat tyre. Like any rack can be a juggle to fit the different size bikes on and you will have to find out which order of bikes fits best. Having a quick release saddle helps as normally that'll be in the way of another bikes handlebar....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

If you're having trouble fitting a wider tyre deflate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭paul mountainbike

I use a Thule one , easy to fit , takes a 2.6 tyre no problem plus it has the tilt function so i can open the boot with it loaded. Useing a full sus and a 29er hardtail on it no issues with length .
    I got it in halfords on a discount code ,plus i was lucky enough to have a one for all card from work (xmas) .Worth the money, well made n solid ,easy to mount and add in the lock to cover the mount bolt,i know it's only a plastic cover that locks on but enough to deter idle fingers when the car is parked while i'm riding .

Advertisement