Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facemasks? anywhere have them in stock please could you dm me

Options
  • 28-02-2020 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

If anyone knows where I could get facemasks today in Ireland please could you let me know in a dm thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Hi there, I know this isn’t what you want to hear , but if it’s to prevent contracting Corona, they aren’t useful in lessening your risk - I say this as a person who is immuno-suppressed and in a public role .

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Helgagirl

There was a section on Ireland AM yesterday morning showing how to make your own mask out of kitchen roll, two elastic bands and a stapler. According to the guy showing how to make it, this will be as useful as a mask. I am not sure what to think, as I am no expert, I am very skeptical about it being of any benefit! Seemed more like something out of a comedy sketch to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

The masks are useful to have for people that have viral symptoms to prevent spreading. As in good for stopping cough droplets getting out of already infected people. Not so much to stop contracting the virus.

GaGa21 wrote: »
    The masks are useful to have for people that have viral symptoms to prevent spreading. As in good for stopping cough droplets getting out of already infected people. Not so much to stop contracting the virus.

They're really good for making you stop touching your face. You could use something else for that function though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

dhgate if willing to wait a few weeks.

Advertisement