Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He never believes anything in the media without double checking it himself, yet he is prepared to regurgitate the anti-BREXIT teachings of the British media without question.

Don't forget Trump, where everything is fair game apparently. I'm not a fan of Trump's by any means, but it's a sad state of affairs when I look at someone I don't even like and think he's not being treated fairly with kindness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Tubridy loves being able to interview a member of the British establishment, it makes the puppet feel like he is a real boy for 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,222 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ever noticed how Ryan NEVER talks about Irish Politics?

Especially with the recent election, not one mention of Mary Lou/Sinn Fein etc.

Bercow always had far too much ego to truly have the public's interest as his priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He has his political anorak on today.

"You beat Boris Johnson six love six love six love. "

Load of pre-worked out "witty" remarks that he thinks his guest will be impressed by. Far too much taking sides on this. The interviewer should be objective, not completely siding with them.

"You beat Boris Johnson six love six love six love. "

Load of pre-worked out "witty" remarks that he thinks his guest will be impressed by. Far too much taking sides on this. The interviewer should be objective, not completely siding with them.

Are you new here?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are you new here?

What does scare me is that I pretty much have exactly the same taste in music as Tubridy. Is there somebody I can go and see about this?

What does scare me is that I pretty much have exactly the same taste in music as Tubridy. Is there somebody I can go and see about this?

I'm really sorry to say this but the ony option is:

http://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

I'm the same age as Tubs, but I'm going to Deadmau5 later this year. Musically, I'm 150 years younger than him.

Or maybe place a body in the audience & have a game of “spot the corpse”

Or who’s in the urn under your seat. Depending on its contents you get a prize accordingly, bit like Winning Streak. Eg Gaybo’s urn is found under seat 23, and in it is a voucher for a weekend in the Park Hotel Kennare, Ray Darcy’s Urn (not yet in use, so to speak) under seat 41 would contain a voucher for a night in a tent with porridge served in main restaurant for breakfast.

• Advertisement

Or who’s in the urn under your seat. Depending on its contents you get a prize accordingly, bit like Winning Streak. Eg Gaybo’s urn is found under seat 23, and in it is a voucher for a weekend in the Park Hotel Kennare, Ray Darcy’s Urn (not yet in use, so to speak) under seat 41 would contain a voucher for a night in a tent with porridge served in main re rotini for breakfast.

Urn baby, urn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Schools out for Ryan.
    2nd day of spring and he takes a well deserved spring break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Doing a decent job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes ...dont like his *politics but up to now is doing ok.

*(Way too negative )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I reckon Tubridy is at home self-isolating in a bathtub of hand sanitiser.

A good two week stint away from the virus-ridden peasants of society.

Fair enough, I say. Can't be putting our best and brightest stars at risk.

Hopefully he'll have enough Enid Blyton books to see him through this tough time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This idiot makes tubridy seem like good value !

Plug for Limerick LLS

William and Kate are good eggs

Plug for Geldoff RTE show

Doobalin Doobalin Doobalin.

LLS

Derry Girls

Young Ofenders

Plug for Limerick LLS

LLS

Derry Girls

Young Ofenders

WE DIDN’T START THE FIRE! IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING, SINCE THE WORLD’S BEEN TURNING...

Is Ryan going to blame Trump for this woman losing her footing?

• Advertisement

Plug for Limerick LLS

LLS

Derry Girls

Young Ofenders

I’m in Cork. I listened to the first 10minutes or so. Don’t forget him humble bragging about being invited to many events last night incl. William and Kate at the Storehouse and Geldof in Cineworld OR all the invites he has from bookshops, restaurants, hotels, and indeed “the plain people of Ireland” to drop in on his way to and from Limerick. Going down a few days early to get ready so to speak......and would just like plain cake and tea please.

And the bold boys at the back of the class chuckling to the headline that “Mickey Mouse finally gets a ride of his own in Disneyland” - don’t go there says Bryan, and how Americans use English differently to Irish people. Bonkers.

10 minutes. Well done.

Thank you for your service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭amlinopta

“Unresolved grief following a hit and run” per the promo, something to cheer everyone up.

Joe Biden's life story

Listened on the way in. Joe Biden asked to see Ryan.....

Tubridy certainly is the pawn of the state when required.

If you don't have a sense of humour then it might not be for you. I would argue the counter.

• Advertisement

The old Irish nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

“Trust the news” says Tubridy.

Nice Segway to the Late Late.

“Trust the news” says Tubridy.

Bring on "expert" Jim Power on to RTE again there Tubridy, to tell us all about how there is no bubble. Trust the news indeed.

The old Irish nod.

"Turn the island into a village ". ,:)

• Advertisement

"Our Syrian friends."

I suppose you have loads of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

today on North Norfolk digital, pets who look like celebrities....

Will the LLLS (Limerick Late Late Show) have to be cancelled now? Hopefully. THe people of Limerick have suffered enough without Bryan Tubridy coming down to patronise them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

This promoting the Limerick LLS as if he's doing the people of ireland a favour or gracing our presence.

bobbyss wrote: »
    This promoting the Limerick LLS as if he's doing the people of ireland a favour or gracing our presence.

"People Of Limeric, I love you"

bobbyss wrote: »

It's another failed effort to distract from how sh*t the programme is.

He carries on as though changing location adds some sort of value to his show and expects the audience to be as excited as him about his pointless little road trips where he gets to meet old ladies and eat scones around the various towns of rural Ireland.

No doubt the deluded fella come back with some bullsh*t about the community spirit and Irishness and 'divilment' he experienced on his travels. And then he'll tell us how they're all pulling together to tackle the coronavirus.

Belfast is next on his list. Why? because he has decided he wants to visit a museum there. He came out with the idea on air the other day and said "Make it So". It's baffling how the people in charge indulge this person and whims.

Broadcasting from Limerick. Big fúcking deal.

He carries on as though changing location adds some sort of value to his show and expects the audience to be as excited as him about his pointless little road trips where he gets to meet old ladies and eat scones around the various towns of rural Ireland.

No doubt the deluded fella come back with some bullsh*t about the community spirit and Irishness and 'divilment' he experienced on his travels. And then he'll tell us how they're all pulling together to tackle the coronavirus.

Belfast is next on his list. Why? because he has decided he wants to visit a museum there. He came out with the idea on air the other day and said "Make it So". It's baffling how the people in charge indulge this person and whims.

Belfast, no doubt followed by Cork, and Galway. Pretty much a week away for him and the entire crew each time - all at our expense.

Criss crossing the country, as he says himself.

And the poor lad will be so tired after all the criss-crossing that he'll need a couple of days off once back in the comfort of D4. A well-earned break to catch up on his reading.

And the poor lad will be so tired after all the criss-crossing that he'll need a couple of days off once back in the comfort of D4. A well-earned break to catch up on his reading.

He'll head off on Thursday after the show,overnight in Dromoland . Callan or whatever the fools name is will do the radio on Friday, and another o/n in Dromoland with the victims (guests) on Friday night.

• Advertisement

He'll head off on Thursday after the show,overnight in Dromoland . Callan or whatever the fools name is will do the radio on Friday, and another o/n in Dromoland with the victims (guests) on Friday night.

Thursday? Thursday? LOL.

Monday or Tuesday at worst. Prob. take that day off too to travel the 2.5hours to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

10/10 analysis, it's a huge deal for these d4 heads to spend time out in the regions. I imagine it would be like some old lord in London in the 1800s heading off the Burma or some colony packing a huge trunk to be shipped out ahead of him saying big goodbyes to family and freinds being being waved off like they were when the titanic departed Cobh.

Criss crossing the country, as he says himself.

The best analogy that I can think of for this "big adventure" of moving the late late show to another studio, is having a crap in someone else's toilet. Sorry for the crudeness but that is the first thing that came to mind.

The show is simply not worth bringing anywhere that it costs any more to produce. Tubridy can kiss ass and plamás the patrons of the RTE canteen just as well in Montrose as he can in Mont-e Carlow

^ Nearly spat my beer out when I read that analogy generalgerry :D

What they should do is sell Montrose and take a long-term trip to the midlands.

I'd say Tubridy would get sick of the cáca milis in Westmeath fairly quick if that happened.

Funny, I thought 112 was an alternative to 999.

Kindness
    Minding each other

Jack Charlton, more of him Anon.

In other words a plug for the Italia 90 rte show.

Taking the high moral ground this morning.

I really am going to stop listening to the unending stream of consciousness

“Ok Google, stream BBC Radio 2 on BBC Sounds”

It’s a start....

BINGO

"You can never have enough Italia 90 on your life"

• Advertisement

What was said about Barry Keoghane ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement