Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vents in the walls- I'm freezing!!

Options
  • 20-02-2020 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought an older house recently and there seems to be a wall vent in almost every room. There is just a simple plastic covering on the interior and there are grills on the exteriors which can be slid open or shut. The only thing is, even if they are slid shut, the wind is still blowing through them. On certain windy nights, I basically feel like I'm outside, as there is so much cold air blowing though them. I know vents shouldn't be blocked up as circulation is needed. Does anyone know if there is something that can be put into the holes in the wall that allow the air to circulate but not for the wind to just blow through? Thanks

Comments

Advertisement