Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2020

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭waynescales1

This is turning into a decent final. Both players really punishing their opponent’s errors at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Turned out to be a pretty good final all be told.

Waste of a good pot that. Spurned a great chance of a sizeable break.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Shot!

Class finish, just like 2015. Hard to know why he cant do this more often.

• Advertisement

Well done Bingham. Fantastic win for him and played very good snooker when it mattered. Tough on Ali but he had a great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Five out of the last six for Bingham , that’s how you close out a final. Best he’s played since his world title in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Nice salty handshake from Carter. Delighted he lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

That’s a lovely snooker case and cue Bingham has, I wonder how much that would set u back

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

zuutroy wrote: »

He's a good replacement for O'Sullivan lol

• Advertisement

I dont care much for carter but fair play to him, had a great week and played his part in a good and entertaining final.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭tanko

zuutroy wrote: »

Brilliant result, great to see that Carters cheating earlier in the tournament wasn't rewarded.

tanko wrote: »
    Brilliant result, great to see that Carters cheating earlier in the tournament wasn't rewarded.

What happened that he cheated, I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Bingham’s attitude all week, the way he’s interacted with the crowd and camera, benefitted him I think. Went out there to enjoy himself, dealt with the occasion better than any other player, deserved winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Disappointed for Carter but happy for Bingham, id like to see Carter win big once.

He just always seems to lack that extra gear when the time comes though.

Bingham’s attitude all week, the way he’s interacted with the crowd and camera, benefitted him I think. Went out there to enjoy himself, dealt with the occasion better than any other player, deserved winner.

Spot on. Similar to 2015, all the pressure on his opponents while he just smiled his way to the title. Did throw in a wobbly or two along the way it must be said, but never let it fester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

A very enjoyable evenings worth of snooker. I suppose I’ll be back to watching normal tv next week now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

tanko wrote: »
    What happened that he cheated, I missed it

To be honest I think the ref was more at fault here originally she thought that Ali did not hit the yellow. Changed her mind then without checking the screen - after Carter seemed genuinely convinced he hit the yellow @1:20

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

A very enjoyable evenings worth of snooker. I suppose I’ll be back to watching normal tv next week now!!

The European Masters is this week and the German Masters next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

To be honest I think the ref was more at fault here originally she thought that Ali did not hit the yellow. Changed her mind then without checking the screen - after Carter seemed genuinely convinced he hit the yellow @1:20

Higgins got the 4 points so it ended fairly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Headed over for semi finals and final of this, and it was really enjoyable... First semi final was decent, although 2nd semi final was very one sided... Final more than made up for it, really close match and great atmosphere all day...Rob Walker is a great MC, really gets the crowd going... Was my 1st year going and definitely worth it...Just bought my tickets for semi finals and final next year, but there is pretty decent price hike, if it went up anymore I think I'd have passed...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Larry Bee

Higgins got the 4 points so it ended fairly

I think they disappeared a min or two later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Totally agreed the ref was at fault.

To begin with, she didn't position herself to get a clear view of the shot. You can see in the video that she's behind the top right corner pocket, so she can't see the left-hand side of the yellow, which Carter is trying to hit. Bear in mind that she's quite short too, so doesn't have much of an aerial perspective of the table.

Then she called a foul but reversed her decision on Carter's say-so. She didn't consult with the marker or review the video evidence. When he disputed her decision, she should have either (a) stuck to her guns, on the basis that the referee's decision is final, or (b) gone to a video review.

Yea, I dont think Carter meant to cheat there. He seems to genuinely thought he had hit it. The shine on the white ball when it was passing the red ball could of made him think that he hit it.

Advertisement