Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Scottish Open: December 9-15 (Eurosport, Quest)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Lisowski opens up the evening session with a quick fire century. Selby looking as miserable as ever in his seat. Selby leads 5-4.

Just noticed Ronnie not in studio since he lost to Selby. He usually hangs around with Jimmy getting a few bob and hotel expences off Eurosport no doubt. I'd say that loss to Selby pissed him right off.

Could do with at least one scrappy, tactical frame. This is far too open. A nice mix is best i feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Could do with at least one scrappy, tactical frame. This is far too open. A nice mix is best i feel.

They must have heard you :)

Selby lays the world's most impossible snooker. I don't agree with applying the miss rule here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Selby lays the world's most impossible snooker. I don't agree with applying the miss rule here.

Ha! Good enough for Selby with Jack getting out of that. Selby was very lucky to be in a position to lay that.

Lisowski had a great opportunity to draw level there and missed a sitter of a red. Aghh.

Edit: And now it's 6-4 Selby.

Scrappy frame alert!

Selby looks like he just saw a ghost. He's such a bad loser.

Did Lisowski acknowledge that fluke? Selby looks extremely pissed-off.

• Advertisement

Did Lisowski acknowledge that fluke? Selby looks extremely pissed-off.

Dont think he did. Selby has had enough look over the years, he knows how it works but he's such a sulk. In fact i'd go as far to say i've never saw a player who looks as pissed off and miserable while sitting in his chair. Looks like he's going to cry most of the time.

Shut up Selby whispering sweet nothings under his breath. I want Jack to come back and win now to see Selby explode with rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Nicely done but I was nervous when he played that green...

Agree with Foulds’ “death-defying” comment.

Lisowski clears to steal the frame after that fluke, and it's now 6-5. One more frame before the interval and it will certainly make things interesting if Lisowski can win it.

Selby definitely rattled now.

God love Vicky on the drive home to Leicester if Selby loses this match.

Jimmy White is already preparing to recreate that Lisowski fluke at the inteval.

Surely there has to be a re-rack here.

Is there any merit in carrying over points for a rerack? In this instance rack up a new frame with Selby starting 24 points ahead?

Marcel, please, intervene here...

• Advertisement

Good man Marcel.

Selby not enough in torturing his opponent. Now he's added the Glasgow crowd and millions of viewers to his punishment list.

16 minutes spent protecting a 24-point lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Got that right i think, you have to give it time when a player has a lead, even a moderate one. Forced selby to take initiative which was right thing to do. Good refereeing.

Selbys core body temperature rose to over 1,000 degrees celcius when the white stopped behind the blue there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The bad run of the ball Selby is getting is just glorious.

Best frame of the final for me😀

I don't think I've ever seen Selby this rattled. But Lisowski is also lashing at the balls.

Trust our own Fergal O Brien to have been involved in the longest frame in recent times.

• Advertisement

Lisowski was asking for that. He was getting wreckless and losing his marbles. Now he will lose the frame. And probably match as well.

Lisowski too aggressive, lost his patience after a lot of excellent safety play. Disappointing.

Lisowski threw that crucial frame away. Not what you'd expect from a player trying to win his first ranking title. 7-5 to Selby at the interval now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Even the red Selby played there to win the frame was so negative

Trust our own Fergal O Brien to have been involved in the longest frame in recent times.

That frame lasted 2 hours, 3 minutes, and 41 seconds. People have run a marathon in less time.

Selby will be annoyed to run out of position there. You could tell he was determined to clinch the frame at that visit.

• Advertisement

I think Lisowski is gone here. He was a mile out with that long pot.

That frame lasted 2 hours, 3 minutes, and 41 seconds. People have run a marathon in less time.

It would be less painful doing a marathon than having to watch Fergal play. Jeez that's ridiculous.

8-6 now. Crowd rooting for Lisowski. If he could win the next one, it could be game on again.

Looking like curtains here now

And that's it. Selby wins 9-6. Enjoyable final though!

• Advertisement

Selby wins 9-6. Think we all predicted that on here. He was just too strong. But good weeks snooker for Lisowski. Played some great stuff. One to watch going forward no doubt.

And here comes Vicki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

No wonder selby has to keep playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Bad news for the anyone but selby brigade. By no means shot the lights out tonight or this week, but is definitely getting closer to the vintage selby of 16/17. Would need a step up again to worry trump but is on my short list for all the big end of season tournaments.

He played solidly this week and looked impressive beating Ronnie. He plays Ali Carter in the first round of the Masters, and if he wins, which seems likely, he'll face Higgins or Hawkins in the quarterfinals.

Selby is always one to fancy at the World Championship. The longer matches really suit his "grinder" style of play.

Advertisement