Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven connection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Thx Kirk

I had a look behind the kitchen cabinet under the gas hob and there is a standard wall socket

can this be utilised/upgraded to service an induction hob?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

No. Socket wouldn't do for that

I'm not sure on one 6sq doing both double oven and induction hob, I would just add separate cable anyhow

Post edited by kirk. on

agree, prob safest option

only prob is chasing the new cable - not sure I can piggyback on the existing socket and want to avoid as much disruptions as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

If your house is a bungalow or you have access to attic space directly above cooker location a handy electrician may be able to replace the cable from fuse board to existing standard socket at cooker with a suitably sized cable to suit induction hob - it would save the disruption & mess chasing walls etc will create.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

• Advertisement

yes, the socket under my gas hob behind the kitchen cabinet is used for the sparker ignition

it's a solid brick wall so not sure you could chase an upgraded cable back to the fuse box

Advertisement