Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter University Club Training

• 19-09-2003 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

This is really just an idea at the moment that DCU and DIT have agreed on. What would you think of archers from other universities shooting and training in each others clubs if training times sre at all restricted in their own clubs?? This would be really helpfull to DCU DIT and UCD as they are all in close proximity to each other!

Just a thought!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

I like the idea in principle,

However, not sure what the story would be with insurance.

Also i don't know about other clubs, but there will be virtually no room at UCD till late november or after christmas, too many archers, i never thought the day would come when that would be a problem :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Hmmm... Well insurance wise I wouldn't see a problem.

Since all clubs are IAAA they are covered by that insurance.

Anyone can train in ANY other IAAA club and in fact I'm pretty sure all clubs are required to allow it by IAAA rules.

I think what we might consider more for colleges would be FREE training in other colleges.

We'll all be busy in the start and avoiding coaching newbies if we can.

It's handy being Chairman-"You coach them. I'm busy... Training!!" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

I may not be going to some training sessions over the next few weeks if thats your attitude.

as for inter club training, could definitely be good when exams are on and we have nowhere to train, go somewhere else and let off some steam. maybe stick your exam papers up as the target.

I'm not sure what the full story is with IAAA membership and insurance, i'll ask Richard (Pres of IAAA) when i get a chance.

Aside from the next month or so with beginners, and provided the IAAA thing is ok, training at other colleges should be ok, of course we'd have to get permission of them before we show up.

Yeah well it's ok for sure.

We've been down to Dublin Archers etc so there shouldn't be a problem.

Contact the college you're planning to invade is a common curtesy. Slightly takes from the surprise element of the invasion though!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

And so help me god I shall use this as spying on other people time!!!!!

I will win something this year..

Wooden spoons are still prizes, yeah? :)

was talking to richard, president of IAAA,
    The college membership thing, gives you NO insurance, zero, zippo, zat.

His going to review the whole insurance thing, but the college membership atm means very little.

Individual membership of the IAAA, (you'll know you have it beacause it cost 45euro+) probably gives you insurance for IAAA events, but not sure if it covers practice.
    It probably covers practice at full IAAA clubs, not sure if college clubs count as full IAAA clubs.

So basically as regards insurance we are covered by are colleges for practice at home universities and intervarsities away.

So inter-uni training will be hmm, unwise.
    The college would be really pissed off if we put them in that liable a position.

Well we must be considered full clubs-though more as a whole than as individual clubs.

We are, in IAAA eyes, all the one group so we're registering every location that we train individually. I would say that this covers us to some regard.

No insurance? That's shocking. What on earth are we paying for? The ability to say hey we're in the IAAA? Our members are allowed to shoot in full IAAA competitions so I don't see how it wouldn't apply to training...

Silly... Very very silly.

Anyone going to the IAAA AGM?

I would assume I am insured to shoot anywhere I please to with my IAAA membership. Whether it's in my garage/a field/or whereever. I'd be very VERY annoyed to find out otherwise.

Advertisement