Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrows.

• 08-09-2003 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I was wondering what type of arrows are the most popular. Carbon, Aluminium or wooden.

Personally I use Aluminium arrows as do most people in my club.

What type of arrows do you use? 12 votes

Aluminium
    0% 0 votes
    Carbon
    58% 7 votes
    Wooden
    41% 5 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It really depends on your use to be honest...

Carbon's are better for somethings and not so good for others.

I like that fact that carbons don't develop bends like aluminiums. I shoot both though I'm quite fond of my new ACCs(a Aluminium Carbon Composite). :p

Wooden arrows are more for toy bows-that or plastic-or for traditional archery-long bow, mongolian recurve etc etc.

Ya left out Glass Fiber Arrows. Tut tut...

People either start off with Aluminiums or cheap carbons. I HATE cheap carbons though and don't let people use them-if I can manage it. They do some terrible damage to targets. It's not fun to see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I prefer Aluminium Arrows. Can't get them anywhere but I can't get them anywhere but I must try that website I was given.

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

halenger,
    I'd put up glass fibre if i could(or if i'd remembered) just to see if anyone actually uses them for serious shooting and not just to train kids. If there is anyone who actually prefares to use glass fibre and doesnt just use em because they have to or because they're cheap tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Those silly trooper things!!!

Why would anyone use them? Shame on DCU sports complex for buying them. They ruin targets and the fletches fell off half of them.

*This just in, we will be using them to train newbies*

Awwww, hell.

• Advertisement

Well we're not gona waste our good arrows on people who'll probably never show up again and will hit the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭taby

Hmmmm

How do u kno people won't come back? Alex u were newbie once and u came back. I'm sure they tried to keep u away of course :-p

I dunno i think we shud use the @Newbie@ arrows for the first week or so and then if people are really seriously into it which i think we can see after while ( ie Simon) then we can move them onto @Cool@ arrows.

U guys destroy ALOT of arrows too :-p

And podge see i did post on archery website hehehe

And sean that picture is horrible remove it....:-p ( u kno what i mean )

One: out of all the newbies who were there the first day I was hardly any still come to archery and even fewer(myself and Roscoe) have really gotten into it(ie have our own bows etc.).

Two: We may destroy arrows too but most of the time there our own.

And three: I wont remove the photo because its not as bad as the one of me, you know which one.

one word sean......

Simon!

:-p

I dont get how Simon supports your case.

• Advertisement

i dunno....... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Speaking from an Olympic point of view, one would use large diameter aluminiums for indoor shooting, given their quick time to straighten out after release, and their line cutting abilities. In general people use small diameter alu-carbon arrows outdoors, thanks to their increased range and lower wind drag etc..

It really depends on what kind of shooting you do... I use 2214 X7s indoors, and 470 ACEs outdoors...

Regards

Ewan

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wooden - hard to beat handcrafting your own arrows (if you're into that sort of thing :D)

Advertisement