Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to do archery

• 02-12-2003 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

How do I get started in this? Do I need my own equipment? Are there alot of clubs about?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

No need to get your own equipment... Not yet anyhow.

Where are you based? There are quite a number of clubs around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

while we're on this subject - any idea if there are any courses going about in the south? around kilkenny, tipperary - that sort of area? i've tried looking through the golden pages and couldnt find anything. do the adventure centres do archery?

Courses? As in learning archery? All clubs do them but they don't really run to a specific schedule. You turn up, they teach you is the general way of it.

There's a Kilkenny Archery Club. Details... Erm...

Kilkenny Archers
    Edel Murphy <pm me for e-mail address and or phone number>

Indoor
    Wednesday
    20:00 - 22:00
    Tullaroad Commmunity Hall
    Tullaroan
    Co. Kilkenny

Shouldn't be much of a problem just turning up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Sorry forgot to say, i'm located in South Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Have a gander at http://www.irisharchery.com/clubs.htm

Any of these clubs should be able to rpovide you with gear and give you some coaching.

Alternatively you could join [UCD|DCU|DIT] as an external member.

Regards

Ewan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

Actually, UCD's sports council have massive problem with external club members, so best to try one of the others if your not a student/graduate of the college.

We're having the same problem in DCU.

We have a few external members but we haven't taken on any lately and aren't planning to.

It's quite a bit of hassle.

Sorry about that!

Dun Laoghaire might be your best bet. I think it's on the list. *checks* Yup it is.

They do crossbow shooting there too. One of only 2 clubs in the country, that I'm aware of. The other being Sportslink.

Advertisement