Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

purchasing short bow

Options
  • 16-11-2003 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

right, i'm looking to buy a short bow, about 43/44" strung and preferably made from wood (maybe fibreglass but it'd have to look and feel like wood ;) ). anyone have any idea where i'd get one like this? either here or overseas....
    thanks

ps: if this hasnt gotten a reply/view within a few days i'll post it on another forum as this is important....

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Maybe you can give us a bit more info? Who (age and height of person I mean) and for what reason? Recreationist stuff?

I've had a look at my usual suppliers and found a fiberglass one anyhow but a wooden one to those specs is a little harder to find.

Try:

Bowsports and
    Quicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

it'd be for myself, im about 5'11ish. im looking for a short primitive bow, (i could go with a 50" one i suppose) but im really looking for a wooden one, there's something about fiberglass i don't like...
    i've seen a good lot of 72" ones (which are about 65/67" strung) but that seems awfully big doesnt it?

As a short bow perhaps... But as a normal recurve that's about the right size.

I'm 5'8ish and I use a 66-inch bow (when strung). You should be able to touch the top of it with your nose as it rests on the ground (or it should be about an inch up from your nose as it rests on your foot-best do it this way).

That's about the right size of a bow for someone. Probably very much easier to get a 50" one but make sure it's designed for your strength and it's high 20s+ poundage else it's not gonna be very accurate over any distance greater than 10 meters.

I personally don't like ANY of the wooden bows (bar longbows/mangolian recurve etc) that are sold in general. Not very good quality. Horrible sound off of them and they don't feel very nice to shoot.

Sucess... Thanks to a friend of mine you've got your answer:

What You Want :p

Hope this works out for ya. Let us all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yann

if you're looking for a short primitive bow you should go for a mongolian bow
    try grozerarchery
    very good selection in all types of hunnish turkish.... bows

• Advertisement

Ya might wanna fix that link...

This'll work: Grozer Archery

Enjoy! :)

Advertisement