Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Solutions Wooden Speaker with Dock €39.99 @ Argos

Options
  • 24-12-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a bit of stock around.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1392061.htm
    This Brown wooden speaker from Acoustic Solutions comes with an inbuilt docking station allowing you to attach your various multimedia devices such as your iPod, iPad and other various smart phones. The bass reflex allows this speaker to deliver amazing sound quality.
    Model number: AS82827iHE
    iPhone dock.
    2 speakers.
    Compatible with iPod and iPhone.
    3.5mm AUX in.
    10 watts.
    2 amplifier channels.
    Frequency 100Hz-10Hz.
    2.5cm mica-reinforced cellular woofer.
    Bass reflex.
    Size H25, W10, D12cm.
    Mains operated.
    EAN: 5060320000598.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Has anyone bought this?
    iPhone 4 or 5 connectivity?
    Radio?
    Opinions please?

Ta
    degsie wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

I know it's a newb question but i'm oblivious to speakers, will this work out of the box with an android phone? i know it won't through the iphone dock but otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

aux in meaning it will take any sound source with a headphone socket
    you might need to purchase a cable in dealz or something in case it is not supplied to make it work
    hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Check the size dimensions on this. Pic would have you believe it's bigger than it actually is. One of the guys from the argos bargains thread got it and returned it the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just looked at the dimensions, ha! Pic is completely misleading, it's about half that size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Ya... I missed the 'cm' at the end of the dimensions! That Iphone / Ipod must have been photoshoped down as an Iphone would be 1/2 the height of the speaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Baalls anyway.. I just went by the pic. The speakers are barely bigger than my feckin hand. It comes with cheap aux cable and the sound isn't so bad for a 30 quid job but ya, they're going straight back to Argos in the mornin. Of course I bought the 3 year insurance with it aswell, just in case.. Yes, I am a fool.

yes if you have a decent old stereo system that will have aux in no real point in this. speakers only 10w which I assume is 2x5. might be useful for someone I guess. Bit misleading re that photo - do not think that the iphone is to scale - obviously a crap photoshop job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Interesting that the .co.uk site does not use that particular image.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1392061.htm

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Interesting that the .co.uk site does not use that particular image.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1392061.htm

"stick in an auld iphone, anything with an iphone in the picture must be cool"

Probably not on the uk site because someone complained that it was bs and misleading! or else apple gave them some legal jib... probably the latter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement