Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading Wordpress from 3.2.1 to 5.1.1

• 19-03-2019 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

A big enough upgrade I am about to undertake ... I have done a backup of the database and I have downloaded all the files, I am just cautious, will the automatic update work sucessfully? Has anyone recent experience? The site is using php v 5.4 and I'll need to update this to v 7.x afterwards. It's working ok now, but I don't want to put it off any longer, I feel I've gotten away with it long enough.

Appreciate any advise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Apart from WordPress and PHP, is your theme and any plugins up to date.
    As far as I know WordPress 5 needs php 5.6.
    I would do it in steps. update php, then update WordPress to 4.9.
    Update your plugins.
    See if it still works. Your theme will possibly not be responsive and may need replacing rather than updating.

If all goes wrong you could do a clean install of WordPress and import your content. Problems can arise if the current theme incorporates a pagebuilder using shortcodes.

If you need a hand just give me a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I think you are right, it would need to be done in steps and I don't think anything could cope with big changes, even with the PHP upgrade alone.

I will get in touch with you now in a private message.

Thanks again

Advertisement