Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public video not available without logging in

• 29-08-2018 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I uploaded a video to facebook and made it public but when i send the link to others they cannot see it without logging in . It is for sending to a few people who are not on fb. It should be available to them shouldn't it? I am not on it much so i do not know much about fb.

Sometimes I can watch it on my phone without logging in, sometimes goes to a log in page and i would have to log in ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Haven't a clue why the public link isn't working, but I recommend uploading to YouTube instead and making it public from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

ok thanks. also it was an AVI file but i got some sort of error about MIME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

ok thanks. also it was an AVI file but i got some sort of error about MIME

Just that the video type is not supported on their device / browser.

If they change to another it should work.

E.G. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1113053

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you cant view anything on facebook without logging in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I uploaded a video to facebook and made it public but when i send the link to others they cannot see it without logging in .
    It may be down to your general Facebook settings - it might be set up so that only your friends (or only friends of friends) can see your content.

• Advertisement

@ victor No set to public

"you cant view anything on facebook without logging in."
    Even i know more than that and i know very little about fb. On my phone my fb sometimes plays and i am not logged in sometimes it doesn't. Same for the pc when i log out the link sometimes plays

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

just tried viewing a video there, there is a big 'Log in to view' button, and a 'Create Account' one, but underneath in small writing is a 'not now' link, which will let you watch it

@pleas advice

It does not always work

Advertisement