Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Folie a deux

This is the bus time table

http://www.kennedycoaches.com/ITT%20Coach%20timetable%2010-11%20rev.pdf

I know it says its for the year 2010/2011 but it has been the same for the last few years. It only goes to King Court (Manor) 3 times a day which is incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

This is the bus time table

http://www.kennedycoaches.com/ITT%20Coach%20timetable%2010-11%20rev.pdf

I know it says its for the year 2010/2011 but it has been the same for the last few years. It only goes to King Court (Manor) 3 times a day which is incredibly annoying.
    Yea that is annoyning depending on your lecture times. Well nothing you can do I suppose...Just dont go to the lectures haha

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Any short term accomadation options available?

Course is only mon-wed.

Are Hostels my best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Anyone on here staying in Kingscourt, what is it like ? Going staying behind for 2 or 3 days of the week
    Im going for a look on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 burnt oak

Really helpful, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 HelenaRose

I should be moving to Tralee in a months time and we've put a deposit down for Oakfield Court. I haven't seen it mentioned here and I know it's an old enough thread but I'm hoping someone will see this and tell me anything they know about this particular accommodation? I'd be going to the South Campus and starting first year. Is it easy enough to walk to and from? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Oakfield Court would be a good 30 min walk i'd say to the South Campus. It's located between the North and South Campus

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cat74

starting tralee it first year in sept have booked kings court appartments was told by the IT most first years stay at these appartments. can any one offer any helpful information dont know anyone starting college down their:rolleyes:

Are there any other first years staying at oakfield court? I'm getting a bit worried about the accommodation I chose!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Hey there,

I went a down to Tralee a while back to have a look at accommodation, Kerry Lee seemed like a nice place to stay for the year so I put down a deposit for it.

Then recently I found this website: http://bewareofkerrylee.wordpress.com/

I really want it to be some sort of joke or prank, but there has been far too many different people complaining about it over the years for me to just ignore.

Has anyone here stayed there or knows anyone has has stayed there and would care to comment on this? It can't really be that bad, can it?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hey there,

I went a down to Tralee a while back to have a look at accommodation, Kerry Lee seemed like a nice place to stay for the year so I put down a deposit for it.

Then recently I found this website: http://bewareofkerrylee.wordpress.com/

I really want it to be some sort of joke or prank, but there has been far too many different people complaining about it over the years for me to just ignore.

Has anyone here stayed there or knows anyone has has stayed there and would care to comment on this? It can't really be that bad, can it?

Thanks.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you! I put down a deposit for oakfield court and didn't really think of the other accommodation available. Kings court looks a lot more appealing to me as it's closer to the centre :/ I don't want to be in the dull accommodation haha. Maybe you could ring up the college ans ask them? I'm sure they could tell you something about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Well a few people who stayed there didn't seem to have a problem, some people are going for their second year, so it can't be THAT bad :P Oh well, not much I can do about it now. Hope your accommodation works out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

Kerry Lee doesn't seem to be all that bad, I'll be staying there this year and I know people who stayed last year and are going back again! Some people have bad experiences at every accommodation, it really depends on the people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

I've booked accommodation in sean mhuileann and just wondering what people think of it etc. and how they found it, was told it was a better choice over kingscourt.. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

katieg19 wrote: »
    I've booked accommodation in sean mhuileann and just wondering what people think of it etc. and how they found it, was told it was a better choice over kingscourt.. thanks!

Personally I prefer the apartments in kings court because they seem bigger and have better light. An Sean Mhuillean seems very dark and kinda depressing looking...like living in a cave. Having said that I'll probably be staying in An Sean Mhuileann as it's closer to North Campus, but I'll check out a few other places before I put my deposit down.

oh ok cool thanks! :) Just didnt go for kingscourt as apparently its unbelievably noisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SiunJK

HelenaRose wrote: »
    I should be moving to Tralee in a months time and we've put a deposit down for Oakfield Court. I haven't seen it mentioned here and I know it's an old enough thread but I'm hoping someone will see this and tell me anything they know about this particular accommodation? I'd be going to the South Campus and starting first year. Is it easy enough to walk to and from? Thanks

I'm starting in Tralee this year too and staying in Oakfield Court! I chose there because it was reccommended to me by a friend and I went there to see it with my parents a couple of weeks ago before we booked it. It seems really nice and not too much of a 'party place' if you know what I mean? And the apartments themseleves are good quality, better than a place I stayed in Galway when I was there..

Also, if you check the orientation timetable things today, theres a shuttle bus for orientation week and one throughout the term so you'll be able to get to the south campus without much hassle I reckon..

My name is Laura, btw, I'll probably see you down there, haha!

SiunJK wrote: »
    I'm starting in Tralee this year too and staying in Oakfield Court! I chose there because it was reccommended to me by a friend and I went there to see it with my parents a couple of weeks ago before we booked it. It seems really nice and not too much of a 'party place' if you know what I mean? And the apartments themseleves are good quality, better than a place I stayed in Galway when I was there..

Also, if you check the orientation timetable things today, theres a shuttle bus for orientation week and one throughout the term so you'll be able to get to the south campus without much hassle I reckon..

My name is Laura, btw, I'll probably see you down there, haha!

Hi Laura my name's Serena, Oh that's brilliant I didn't go down myself cause it's such a trek but it's good to know they're nice quality! What were the bathrooms like there aren't any pictures on their website!

What course did you get? Yeah I saw the bus timetable and the stop is close enough too which should be handy :) You never know we might end up as roommates haha!

Hi Laura my name's Serena, Oh that's brilliant I didn't go down myself cause it's such a trek but it's good to know they're nice quality! What were the bathrooms like there aren't any pictures on their website!

What course did you get? Yeah I saw the bus timetable and the stop is close enough too which should be handy :) You never know we might end up as roommates haha!

Bathrooms are fine, from what I remember. Pretty standard, shower, toilet, sink. :P I love that the rooms are en-suite, so much nicer than sharing bathrooms.

I'm doing Interactive Multimedia so I'm based in the north campus, the bus only takes two minutes, its great haha!
    Do you know what apartment number you're in? I'm in 10 and I'm with two 3rd year girls and another guy I think, that's what the lady told me anyways. :P
    What day are you moving down? I'm not sure whether to go down a day early on Monday and get the apartment sorted or to go down early tuesday morning to do the orientation stuff and then get my things from my parents later on. So many decisions, haha!

Bathrooms are fine, from what I remember. Pretty standard, shower, toilet, sink. :P I love that the rooms are en-suite, so much nicer than sharing bathrooms.

I'm doing Interactive Multimedia so I'm based in the north campus, the bus only takes two minutes, its great haha!
    Do you know what apartment number you're in? I'm in 10 and I'm with two 3rd year girls and another guy I think, that's what the lady told me anyways. :P
    What day are you moving down? I'm not sure whether to go down a day early on Monday and get the apartment sorted or to go down early tuesday morning to do the orientation stuff and then get my things from my parents later on. So many decisions, haha!

Yeah definitely, I couldn't share I don't think! No I didn't think of ringing up and asking that...all I know is I'm with a guy, are you going into 1st year? I'm going down on Sunday I think with everything stuffed in the car cause orientation is monday at 9am I believe!

• Advertisement

Yeah definitely, I couldn't share I don't think! No I didn't think of ringing up and asking that...all I know is I'm with a guy, are you going into 1st year? I'm going down on Sunday I think with everything stuffed in the car cause orientation is monday at 9am I believe!

Yeah, 1st year. :) Are you? What are you studying? I've already done a year in NUIG of a science course and left it and did a fetac course in multimedia so I'm sort of like a 3rd year, but in 1st year. Hah :P
    Yeah, I think it's easier to go down the day before, give yourself time to organise your room and the like! We must meet on monday evening then, when we're both there. I'm glad now that I'll know somebody, its always easier when you know somebody, hah! :)

Yeah, 1st year. :) Are you? What are you studying? I've already done a year in NUIG of a science course and left it and did a fetac course in multimedia so I'm sort of like a 3rd year, but in 1st year. Hah :P
    Yeah, I think it's easier to go down the day before, give yourself time to organise your room and the like! We must meet on monday evening then, when we're both there. I'm glad now that I'll know somebody, its always easier when you know somebody, hah! :)

Yep 1st year too :) I'm doing Wildlife Biology...Yeah we definitely should! Yeah I know it really is reassuring haha!

Yep 1st year too :) I'm doing Wildlife Biology...Yeah we definitely should! Yeah I know it really is reassuring haha!

Ooh, wildlife biology? That sounds lovely! Yes, I shall message you on here or something on Monday and we can sort out something! :)

Ooh, wildlife biology? That sounds lovely! Yes, I shall message you on here or something on Monday and we can sort out something! :)

Sounds good! See you then haha and have a safe journey down! Where are you moving from? :)

Thanks you too...from Ennis Co Clare :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cat74

does anyone know if the shuttle bus for the north campus is free like in other colleges. just that their is bus timetable on college web and it says 1.50 but we were told in the appartment when booking that it was free service!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

cat74 wrote: »
    does anyone know if the shuttle bus for the north campus is free like in other colleges. just that their is bus timetable on college web and it says 1.50 but we were told in the appartment when booking that it was free service!!!!!

I'm pretty sure it's 1.50 euro each way!

Has anyone moved into their accommodation yet? :)

I have, its not too bad. cant complain though! hows yours?

• Advertisement

katieg19 wrote: »
    I have, its not too bad. cant complain though! hows yours?

Yeah I moved in today! There's nobody else in the whole place yet though, but yeah I can't complain, can't wait to get my room mates :)

Advertisement