Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When the snowman brings the snow

Options
  • 04-12-2020 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

"When the snowman brings the snow."

The snowman doesn't bring the snow, much in the same way that the post - the physical post, the envelope - does not bring the postman. The snowman is a product of the snow, so how can the snowman bring something that he first had to be made of?

"When we're skating in the park, if the snow cloud makes it dark."

Martin King is rolling in his grave. Snow cloud? Does snow come from the clouds? Not for me.

"Then your rosy cheeks are gonna light my merry way."

He's singing from the perspective that he is actually Santa Clause. And I'll give him one thing, he has the beard. What he doesn't have is the weight. If you watch the video, the fella singing this is built like a candy cane. The first rule of being Santa is you need to be a fat f*ck and this fella is only half-way there - he's a f*ck, but not a fat one.

"Now the frosty paws appear."

He's turned into a dog or something now. And again, he has the beard, which is a bit schnauser-like, but that's all he has.

"So if Santa brings that sleigh, all along the milky way."

It turns out the sleigh is not a sleigh at all, and the reindeers must be pulling something built by Nasa if he's leaving our atmosphere. Fake.

That being said, great f*cking song.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There's no sanity clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭buried

A licky boom boom down

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ah Hammer, you might be over analysing this a tad. :D

One of my favourite Christmas songs though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

An Irish snowman... :D:pac:

11417_jt2nraflccyxih7v.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Hammer89 wrote: »
    "When we're skating in the park, if the snow cloud makes it dark."

Martin King is rolling in his grave. Snow cloud? Does snow come from the clouds? Not for me.

Unless you’re talking about cocaine, snow does indeed come from clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Dose of scour op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Unless you’re talking about cocaine, snow does indeed come from clouds.

Not convinced Gregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is anything to be said for saying another mass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Not convinced Gregor.

I don’t want to get too technical, but clouds are basically just big bags of snow, formed by the wind blowing ice off the tops of mountains. When birds or aircraft fly through them, they burst the bags, releasing the snow. If it’s warm, which is often is up high in the air since it’s closer to the sun, the snow melts into rain on the way down. But if it’s cold - because the sun is off at nighttime, or because solar winds are blowing the sun’s heat away out in space, then the snow survives and falls to earth.

I think you need to read up on your science before dismissing this line of the song out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

F*ck you snowman.

Santy can f*ck off as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

"When the snowman brings the snow."

The snowman doesn't bring the snow, much in the same way that the post - the physical post, the envelope - does not bring the postman. The snowman is a product of the snow, so how can the snowman bring something that he first had to be made of?

I don't think he was talking about the weather.

Advertisement