Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's on here, half watching it.
    Sharon Shannon tribute, I'm not into her type of music so I'm not paying heed.

I saw on twitter that the young fella that wants to go to space was to be on the show again. Think he was on the toy show and got tweets from a bunch of NASA people

It's on here, half watching it.
    Sharon Shannon tribute, I'm not into her type of music so I'm not paying heed.

Was the little lad on it with the astronaut? I think I read that? He's the cutest little child I've ever seen!!!

I saw on twitter that the young fella that wants to go to space was to be on the show again. Think he was on the toy show and got tweets from a bunch of NASA people

Oh snap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It was only a zoom call with him so it was a bit frustrating because I don't think you can fully get to appreciate an interview over zoom. It was quite short too. But he's still super cute!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the sofa, Late Late with Sharon Shannon on the telly. My eldest sister used to do a bit of gigging with her many moons ago...

Fierce outside - so nice and cosy indoors! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have just realised that speaking out and saying what WE are doing is a good thing over Christmas.

We will see them after. All OK with that, it just takes one to have cojones to say it I think.

A January get together sounds good for all of us. Restrictions included.

I have just realised that speaking out and saying what WE are doing is a good thing over Christmas.

We will see them after. All OK with that, it just takes one to have cojones to say it I think.

A January get together sounds good for all of us. Restrictions included.

But where are you?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The wind isn't too bad here but it's freezing, it's an early night for me I think.

It's bleedin' baltic. I really wish I could do standey up wees as the bathroom is like an icebox. Wouldn't mind but heating is on and it's triple feckin glazed.

In bed. Heat on. Got a hot water bottle as well. Listening to the wind and rain. Thinkin' and smilin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Very windy but not as cold as expected.

Wish I could sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I just think I'm more of a book person. Would love to know and appreciate music more but my brain isnt wired that way :p

Silence is my " music." And no regrets or wishing it else. Just lack of intrusive noise is my peace. Loved it at one stage of my life but now is better by far. Some are afraid of or uneasy at silence. For me it is peace and healing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, was gonna go walking but alas all my clothes just came out of the washing machine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good morning all, was gonna go walking but alas all my clothes just came out of the washing machine.

Alas and alack! :P You off today?

I’m never really off, we have 4 teams and 2 machines, right now I’m #2 in rotation, so If we have two requests, I will take the 2nd one.

But I’m being bold this morning.

535196.jpg

That sounds like a promising coffee!.

• Advertisement

Just looked out my window and saw a massive US Air Force C-17 cargo aircraft floating by, quiet thing for the size of it.

Hope the window wasn't ground level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ran down the stairs and switched on the heat. Popped some sausages in the air fryer. Back in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ran down the stairs and switched on the heat. Popped some sausages in the air fryer. Back in bed.

Sounds like Saturday morning heaven!

Now, I won’t be cheeky and slide over a plate, buuuuut, if you happened to throw a sausage my way...

Ok, that sounds durty.

Browsing JUSTBUYIRISH.com quite amazed at the number of craft breweries that exist these days.

• Advertisement

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Sounds like Saturday morning heaven!

Now, I won’t be cheeky and slide over a plate, buuuuut, if you happened to throw a sausage my way...

Ok, that sounds durty.

Consider the sausage slid.

I won't even comment on the above posts! :D

I'm going to buy a tree today. (The type is inferred by the time of year but I won't actually say it! ;) )

Time for coffee now though!

I'll just slide this one across for a certain kitten..

535220.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhh Cheers BB you made my morning :D:D

Deskside with the above cup of the sweet stuff :D

Yay for me!! :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

(The type is inferred by the time of year but I won't actually say it! ;) )

Does it begin with C? and end in s ? :pac:

Does it begin with C? and end in s ? :pac:

And has 9 letters???

Yep! You guessed it!

It's a cucumbers tree!!!!! :D

And has 9 letters???

Yep! You guessed it!

It's a cucumbers tree!!!!! :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning wherers. Posting from sleepyville as I clean out the litter trays.

Thanks to Buile's posts I now want a CATuccinno.

I also want a Cucumbers Tree but that is more suited to a different thread.

Laters, pooh to scoop here.

Sardonicat wrote: »

Thanks to Buile's posts I now want a CATuccinno.

I also want a Cucumbers Tree but that is more suited to a different thread.

:D what thread would that be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

:D what thread would that be?

Eeeh, not sure it's on Boards.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Eeeh, not sure it's on Boards.

:D no I don't think it is!!

Have a nice weekend Wherers :)

I'm off to the bridal shop and am plucked and ready to be standing in bra and knickers while a glamazon puts me in dresses.
    I miss mammy more than usual today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm off to the bridal shop and am plucked and ready to be standing in bra and knickers while a glamazon puts me in dresses.
    Enjoy, Perse! I'm sure your mam would be in her element if she could go, so it is very bittersweet.

Aw, bittersweet Diamonds, enjoy and get something with pockets seems to be the recommendation atm.

I'm definitely maturing, I'm not commenting on the early morning airfryer sausie action or the cucumber shenanigans and I also didn't comment on letter box rattling last night, where's my medal?
    Loads done today, was treated to brekkie out and it was delicious, went into town and picked up loads of essentials for the house, bedclothes etc, didn't go into one clothes shop, that's definitely a first...maybe I deserve 2 medals.😂

I just got called a dinosaur and got a mini tutorial on Drake and Travis Scott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hair time :)

Diamonds (hugs)

In the sitting room amid calming lights from the Christmas tree and candles. Settling in to watch the Dublin v Cavan game with a few beers.

Couchside. Listening to nostalgia tunes, but recent - as in last few years - ones. For those it's all about the key, major-minor & mellow seems to trigger that vibe.
    Love love love Dark Side of the Moon but it's one of those I need to save for the right time and place ;)

@Auto, hope you're doing well & taking it a bit easy. Your gifs been hitting the mark past few days, thanks :)
    And @Diamonds, that poem (the Marie Howe one) is gorgeous. So thanks to you too for that, I loved it.
    @the rest of ye, well, as ye were... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

:)

Wonderful, exciting times and you deserve it, chuffed for you. Your Mam is watching no doubt and bound to be very proud of you.

• Advertisement

I'm in the Sunroom, ironic fookin term coz its Baltic in here. Got xmas lights up outside earlier and froze my ass off in the process, not to be graphic but I'm fairly sure my nipples would cut glass at any angle and Procol Harem themselves would appreciate that my face had turned a whiter shade of pink.
    Aside from that not-so-attractive piece of imagery, ya know the way videos do the rounds, well some of you may or may not have received this one but yesterday my morning started with a co-worker sending me a video of a well known female chef making mince pies and a lesser known elf doing.... well we shall leave it there but oh Dear Lord what a thing to wake up to at 6am. I got it again since so its obviously doing the rounds. Funny but disturbing all at once.
    Starting to make plans for the new year about moving to a new town, Mullingar in fact. And plan is to start a new life there, I know a few heads there and sure hopefully get to know people fast enough. Maybe if needs be try online dating as I'd like to get into a nice relationship, anyone got any experience or tips with online dating?
    On the one hand I can foresee a lovely new life and on the other hand I can see myself alone there some Saturday morning and the jehovas witnesses call around and I'm begging the basstids to stay for a chat and a sleepover. :D
    It could easily go either way! :pac:

So... in summary, I'm freezing cold, I have nipples, I'm moving house, want tips on online dating, and possibly looking for friendly jehovas witnesses if I'm stuck.
    Nothing unusual

Mullingar is a grand spot bar the usual wee town issues, lovely people.. You could set up Mullingar crystal with your nipples?
    On the work trundle here..

Is anyone else getting curious about this famous Irish chef and her elf? I'm clearly not in the loop on that one.
    I can't bare to see Dublin in another All Ireland final.

Is anyone else getting curious about this famous Irish chef and her elf? I'm clearly not in the loop on that one.
    I want to see the video too!

I can't help with Mullingar or online dating, but you might be seen as exotic in Mullingar.

I want to see the video too!

I can't help with Mullingar or online dating, but you might be seen as exotic in Mullingar.

:D Ah here, exotic is setting the bar a bit high, I was aiming for mildly interesting.
    Maybe Longford so....

Thank you for the nice posts :)

Well I more than survived and think I found the "one". The 2nd dress I tried on and I felt all goosebumply. When I saw it on the hanger I said to the lovely woman helping me that no way would it fit. It did!! I was like Princess Persepoly!!
    :pac:

• Advertisement

As a Dub, I can assure you that the Dublin team and fans can't bare being in another AI final. Mayo will probably feel the same if they beat Tipp tomorrow.:D
    NewRed2 wrote: »
    :D Ah here, exotic is setting the bar a bit high, I was aiming for mildly interesting.
    Maybe Longford so....

I recommend Leitrim!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I recommend Leitrim!

:D
    Good shout, I had thought about it but there's only 70 people living there and they don't have broadband so the online dating would be a killer.

:D
    Good shout, I had thought about it but there's only 70 people living there and they don't have broadband so the online dating would be a killer.

A boat on the river in Carrick on Shannon called "One night stands only" is a winner. They have 4G up there for your phone. Be grand.:D

Lads, don't be ridiculous, Leitrim doesn't exist.

So, the elf in the video ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

I just got called a dinosaur and got a mini tutorial on Drake and Travis Scott.
    ....yesterday my morning started with a co-worker sending me a video of a well known female chef making mince pies and a lesser known elf doing.... well we shall leave it there but oh Dear Lord what a thing to wake up to at 6am. I got it again since so its obviously doing the rounds. Funny but disturbing all at once......

PM, glad I'm not the only one who hasnt a clue what is going on. :(

Well done, Perse. Delighted :).

We need to know, was there cake and hot chocolate afterwards ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement