Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Wibbs wrote: »
    The first one was. Then it went huge and then it was Vietnam vet killing commies for Jesus and The American Way. The final nail in the coffin flic could have been written by trump the way it portrayed Mexicans.

Ah, that's true, alright. They did get a lot more violent as they went along and the original message seemed to be completely lost.
    Kirsten Stewart another one. Came out as Gay(or Bi, can't recall), bloody good actress, way more range than Page, has screen presence and had a huge fanbase out of the fey vampire flics

I'd definitely have to disagree with that as I find her a very limited actress. Then again, I suppose that's not really what this thread is about anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Career or otheriwse, would they have been able to do it decades ago?
    Career is a major indicator of actual acceptance. Oh so you can come out but good luck with your job? You could have come out in the 60's but your career would have been over. About the only difference today is you'd get more column inches about how brave you were and sympathy and a couple of talk show slots, but the result wouldn't be much different. There are quite the number of Gay actors today in Hollywood who know this and present as Straight because of it.
    It's appealing to the finances, not the audiences.
    Yep and that makes it OK? Like I said if nazis were a huge audience they'd have right wing flics tailored to them.
    Also, the generally make edited versions for different audiences. The movie that's seen in China is not usually the one you see in Europe, for example.
    Yes because they cut them for the Chinese government censors. They have pretty much admitted this. World War Z originally had the zombie virus breaking out in China. Well that got changed in double quick time when influence was applied.
    And again - I'm not talking what happened decades ago. If the Chinese control Hollywood, movies like Milk or Brokeback Mountain would have been scrapped on site. The XMen series carries a massive acceptance theme too. ("So, Bobby... have you tried NOT being a mutant?")
    Brokeback Mountain and Milk are 15 years ago when China wasn't nearly the consideration it is today.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Rothko wrote: »
    I haven't seen it in a long time but was Rambo really conservative? From what I remember, it was pretty much an anti-war movie with the titular character suffering with PTSD from Vietnam.
    Yeah it showed how the vets returning home were hated by the hippie generation and abandoned by the govt. His friend died from cancer from exposure to Agent Orange and didn't get any help. They originally had an alternative ending with John killing himself at the end. It's on Youtube. It would have been much better if they had went with that and had left it as a single film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Career is a major indicator of actual acceptance. Oh so you can come out but good luck with your job? You could have come out in the 60's but your career would have been over. About the only difference today is you'd get more column inches about how brave you were and sympathy and a couple of talk show slots, but the result wouldn't be much different. There are quite the number of Gay actors today in Hollywood who know this and present as Straight because of it.
    It's still not something that would be done in a conservative environment.

'
    Yep and that makes it OK? Like I said if nazis were a huge audience they'd have right wing flics tailored to them.
    I never said it was ok - I said it was happening.
    Yes because they cut them for the Chinese government censors. They have pretty much admitted this. World War Z originally had the zombie virus breaking out in China. Well that got changed in double quick time when influence was applied.

Brokeback Mountain and Milk are 15 years ago when China wasn't nearly the consideration it is today.

Chinese censors are not Hollywood censors and I'm not talking about financial considerations - changing the plot of WWZ so that it wouldn't get banned in China is not an example of somethign gettign banned or censored for being liberal. Nor is it a sign of a conservative mindset in Hollywood. DId the Chiense ever get a film banned worldwide or get a movie stopped from being made?

Moonlight and Green Book are more recetn exaplies if you want.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Well Chinese audiences are conservative, aren't keen on "the Gay", aren't keen on Black characters, don't like any criticism of China and don't want unconventional looking women up on screen. It's all about the money. .

Chinese audiences aren't conservative. The government is. The point being that Xi launched a "return to morality" campaign about 8 years ago, with the aim of bringing Chinese people back towards the more traditional values. He did this because Chinese people are gradually becoming more "open", or rather aware of what's happening outside their borders. Homosexuality is huge in China, with university students embracing it like wild. I have 300 students this semester, and about 10% are openly gay, with the remainder being open to it... there's little public condemnation against it, until you become an adult, and even then, it's widespread, just kept under wraps.

But yes, Black people aren't generally accepted, although, it's interesting in that there's often sizable black communities in Chinese cities, often in greater numbers than Western/Russian foreigners. And yes, criticism against China is definitely a no no...

All the same, I would say that Chinese audiences are willing... and most do experience what they want, because they all have VPNs, and will watch western streaming services. The great Chinese firewall is only really effective during the period of their security councils.

The Chinese government and Chinese business has invested heavily in Hollywood over the last two decades, so it's more than just money. They're major shareholders, and Hollywood, for the most part, has been losing money, even before covid and the cinema's shutting down. Their woke agenda hasn't been terribly successful. Previously, women held the majority of consumer spending, but that's been shifting over the last decade.. people are less interested in being pandered to.
    If actual nazis took over the US and it was clear they would be the new bums on seats Hollywood would be off remaking Triumph of the Will

Oh. Definitely, and TBH I expect they'd be happier under the Nazi's or a totalitarian system, because they could act as censors in their free time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭99nsr125

1.3 billion over 20 years is insignificant, it's bordering on loose change ffs.

Direct provision is a shambles, but it hasn't bankrupted this country or anything like it. Irish people have historically traveled and settled all over the world, we are in no position to start Donald fúcking Trumping over immigrants.

We should be letting a certain number of people in and then we should be treating them a lot better than we do.

Offshore processing,

It's about integration, always has been and always will

If you create inequity, you create resentment, then your system fails and harms society and those who seek to join it damaging them and everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

I hope you're not mistaking the woke crowd for liberals? There's nothing "liberal" about them.

"Oh yeah...we're baaack baby!"

Quakers-hanged.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Offshore processing,

It's about integration, always has been and always will

If you create inequity, you create resentment, then your system fails and harms society and those who seek to join it damaging them and everyone else

If you create a lifestyle like UK and Ireland social welfare that economic male migrants like, you have to question the war torn escapism tales. Questions should be asked when they have travelled through 5 plus perfectly safe countries to claim asylum in because their social welfare system didn't include the option of refusing a house because it didn't come with stables for horses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When I see anyone with those face shields I get the desire to knock them out with a single punch, wear nothing rather than that shiet, particularly if you are retail staff I can just forever avoid the kip.

• Advertisement

oh my God that is appallingly bad. Acting, script, production, and most importantly logic. Apparently if you don't change your name to an Irish name people will spit at you on the street in Ireland because they can somehow tell.

And you won't get a job as a translator in Ireland if you are foreign born. Apparently tech multinationals prefer to hire Mary Ryan to translate from Russian, rather than Irina Ivanov. If you have a bit of the Gaelic all the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Oh ****, "racism is everywhere!" :eek:

Better lock the door tonight, don't want any racism getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

And there I was, thinking that Suzanne leathering Damien with a coal shovel was the ne plus ultra of Fair City comedy wokeness.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

CountNjord wrote: »
    Is there many woke knobs out there.

I never did understand that ice bucket challenge thing, almost a baptism of stupidity.
    Actually a lot of people I know who poured a bucket of water and ice over their heads were woke boloxes, and if you add up all those bucket's of water you'd probably have enough water to quench the thirst of a lot of children for a few days in a region lacking clean water.

The sheer stupidity and ignorance of these cnuts wasting water all over the world.

Stupid pricks

Believe it or not, that raised hundreds of millions for ALS research and directly contributed to the discovery of a series of genes that causes the disease. It may well led to a cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Believe it or not, that raised hundreds of millions for ALS research and directly contributed to the discovery of a series of genes that causes the disease. It may well led to a cure.

Sounds great. Except that most people did it for likes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One of the replies: None of you have any idea what it's like to be from Killiney. :D

Talk about hamfisted. That's a feature of the right on, they're pretty crap at propaganda, very quick to jump on the bandwagon de jour and by the very nature of their group identity politics are at their core just as divisive as the right and just as self righteous and simplistic. Never mind that that amateur hour drama group stuff highlights the fact that those who can't "pass" as local by changing their name will likely never quite fit in. A hierarchy of integration writ large and repeated in every multicultural society in the west with the same demographics taking up the same order.

I remember similar if less awkwardly obvious stuff on British TV 30 years ago and yet they're hardly the multiracial melting pot to be held up as a good example 30 years later. But this time Ireland will somehow do it right. :rolleyes: We won't. We;ve had this multicultural stuff for only two decades and we're already repeating the narrative of all the others, including the hamfisted appeals like the above.
    Yeah stuff like the ice bucket challenge is pretty harmless. OK you get the usual luvvies involved for the attention. After all attention is their currency, but there were loads of people involved and fair enough. And pretty much everybody does things for likes in our current culture. The social media giants have weaponised our human nature as a social animal for fun and profit.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

oh my God that is appallingly bad. Acting, script, production, and most importantly logic. Apparently if you don't change your name to an Irish name people will spit at you on the street in Ireland because they can somehow tell.

And you won't get a job as a translator in Ireland if you are foreign born. They prefer Mary Ryan to translate than Irina Ivanov for Russian translation in tech multinationals. If you have a bit of the Gaelic all the better.

Looks like RTE hired a new script writer for Fair City; our favourite Nigerian, Dr. Ebun Joseph.
    The sad thing about all of this is that RTE reporters/news readers/decision-makers, who live in their own protected surreal cocoon, actually believe that Irish people are walking up and spitting in the faces of every non-Irish person in this country.

History will not look back favourably at RTE during these challenging times, when it seems their primary purpose is to cause division and derision in Irish society.

Kivaro wrote: »
    History will not look back favourably at RTE during these challenging times, when it seems their primary purpose is to cause division and derision in Irish society.
    I would argue it's the politic of multiculturalism itself that causes all of the above, but that's the subject that can't be broached. The right on and even the centre right for the most part will think diversity is OK and multiculturalism is a given as a good thing, they just argue over the details and numbers.

I believed it myself because until recently in Ireland we weren't dealing with the reality and the exact same trajectories of other runs at this social experiment and until I looked harder at that belief and asked uncomfortable questions. If it was such a given we could point to at least one nation where it's working really well and as advertised, and we can't. Try and find any western multicultural nation where the darker the skin and the least like the locals you are doesn't mean you're not likely to be clustered at the bottom of the pecking order in that society. When pushed I couldn't come up with as many concrete positives as I believed(which seem to be entirely based on either exoticism or charity) and significantly more negatives, not least for those who will never quite fit. You can't hug that reality away with platitudes and hopes and Ireland will be no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

I would argue it's the politic of multiculturalism itself that causes all of the above, but that's the subject that can't be broached. The right on and even the centre right for the most part will think diversity is OK and multiculturalism is a given as a good thing, they just argue over the details and numbers.

I believed it myself because until recently in Ireland we weren't dealing with the reality and the exact same trajectories of other runs at this social experiment and until I looked harder at that belief and asked uncomfortable questions. If it was such a given we could point to at least one nation where it's working really well and as advertised, and we can't. Try and find any western multicultural nation where the darker the skin and the least like the locals you are doesn't mean you're not likely to be clustered at the bottom of the pecking order in that society. When pushed I couldn't come up with as many concrete positives as I believed(which seem to be entirely based on either exoticism or charity) and significantly more negatives, not least for those who will never quite fit. You can't hug that reality away with platitudes and hopes and Ireland will be no different.

I've always thought it could work as long as immigrants accept that their old culture cannot expect to get equal billing with the culture of their adoptive country, but lately I'm thinking that it depends also on what they're bringing to the table. A case in point would be Filipinos, who seem to be making a great success of themselves in the health service. According to Mme Storkeuse, they're a pleasure to work with and (with the odd exception) very highly thought of. Not only that, they seem to have an infectious zest for life that you can't help but admire. Of course I'm generalising and this is by definition racist, zzzzz.....anyway, they have two things in their favour: their expertise and training and yes, their catholicism, so they're making a positive contribution from day one and they're already in tune with a big chunk of Irish culture (or at least, what it used to be).

I don't have a problem with the idea of controlled, points-based immigration, and I know it's not a guarantee, but the more educated someone is the less likely that they'll have a problem adapting. The problem is that both sides of the political floor seem to like mass immigration: the left because of the feelgood factor and, let's face it, welfare-dependant immigrants are more likeoy to vote for left-wing parties, and the right wingers like it because it's more cheap labour for their rich buddies and gotta keep that race to the bottom going...

Morathi wrote: »
    Better lock the door tonight, don't want any racism getting in.

You put me in the absolute giggles.

Remember the scene in "The Ten Commandments" where the Jews needed to put lambs blood on their doors, to ward off the holy spirit as it came to kill the first born heirs? 50s/60s special effects.. of a ominous mist that creeps up to the doors, and kills in silence.

Racism! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Oh the new Plenty advert - put on by woke committee.

“Men are useless” ugh it drives me mad!!!

Remember the scene in "The Ten Commandments" where the Jews needed to put lambs blood on their doors, to ward off the holy spirit as it came to kill the first born heirs? 50s/60s special effects.. of a ominous mist that creeps up to the doors, and kills in silence.

Put salt round your windows and doors just in case!!!

storker wrote: »
    I've always thought it could work as long as immigrants accept that their old culture cannot expect to get equal billing with the culture of their adoptive country, but lately I'm thinking that it depends also on what they're bringing to the table. A case in point would be Filipinos, who seem to be making a great success of themselves in the health service. According to Mme Storkeuse, they're a pleasure to work with and (with the odd exception) very highly thought of. Not only that, they seem to have an infectious zest for life that you can't help but admire. Of course I'm generalising and this is by definition racist, zzzzz.....anyway, they have two things in their favour: their expertise and training and yes, their catholicism, so they're making a positive contribution from day one and they're already in tune with a big chunk of Irish culture (or at least, what it used to be).
    I've heard and experienced similar. That said Asians are the demographic who do the best, often better than locals in the West. It's repeated consistently throughout the multicultural western world, regardless of their faith too. Even by how much they integrate. EG Chinese and SE Asian migrants don't particularly integrate into Western societies, often have their own local quarters that reflect their homelands and cultures(Chinatowns, Little Hanois etc), tend to marry each other and yet are on average better educated and less likely to be unemployed, cause social unrest and be involved in criminality, even compared to the background White European locals. It seems the explanations of racism and lack of integration doesn't fit them.
    I don't have a problem with the idea of controlled, points-based immigration, and I know it's not a guarantee, but the more educated someone is the less likely that they'll have a problem adapting. The problem is that both sides of the political floor seem to like mass immigration: the left because of the feelgood factor and, let's face it, welfare-dependant immigrants are more likeoy to vote for left-wing parties, and the right wingers like it because it's more cheap labour for their rich buddies and gotta keep that race to the bottom going...
    This.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jeepers H Crackers that is bad. Who exactly watches this dogsh*t?
    It makes Doctors look like high art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Creeping Death, great Metallica tune :)

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

One of the replies: None of you have any idea what it's like to be from Killiney. :D

Thats the thing about these plonkers. They rant diversity and privilege to those of us working in highly diverse sectors of the economy. ( my job has been minority Irish for years now across different offices), while keeping the jobs in RTE not just to the whites, not just to the white Irish, but to a tiny class of upper middle class white Irish from certain postcodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

storker wrote: »
    A case in point would be Filipinos, who seem to be making a great success of themselves in the health service. According to Mme Storkeuse, they're a pleasure to work with and (with the odd exception) very highly thought of. Not only that, they seem to have an infectious zest for life that you can't help but admire.

As you say, Catholic, most speak a very good level of English. Like Ireland, high emphasis on getting along with people, those who work in health had an emphasis good education.

Go down south to Mindanao, not so much. Wonder what the difference is there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wonder how long it will be, if there is a housing / accommodation shortage that the wonkey wokies will be looking at say a single person, living in his family three bedroom home that he / she inherited. To be told by the wokies that they can invoke new law that says they must move within 8 months to a more ‘appropriate’ accommodation like a one bedroom apartment in Blanchardstown so that they can move a family of five, recently arrived from xx country into the family three bedroom home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭Cordell

It seems the explanations of racism and lack of integration doesn't fit them.
    Indeed, the only explanation that fits is that some cultures are better than others. But we can't have that, can we? That will mean some other cultures are inferior, which is totally not acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

while keeping the jobs in RTE not just to the whites, not just to the white Irish, but to a tiny class of upper middle class white Irish from certain postcodes.

2019 top paid rte presenters:
    Tubridy - Booterstown
    D'Arcy- Tipperary
    Duffy - Brought up in Ballyfermot
    Sean o Rourke- Portlaoise, later Galway
    The late Marian Finnucane - Glasnevin
    Miriam - Foxrock
    Claire Byrne - Laois
    Bryan Dobson - Sandymount
    Mary Wilson- Tipperary

That doesn't really tally with your assertions does it? Oh and the reason they're all white is because the population was about 99.9% white when they started their careers.

Ffs gime a break you're as bad as the woke crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Foxrock Sandymount and Booterstown are fairly up there in terms of middle class areas aren't they. And I didn't know there are absolutely no middle class demographics in Tipperary or Laois, just 100% boggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

Sky King wrote: »
    Tubridy - Booterstown
    D'Arcy- Tipperary
    Miriam - Foxrock
    Claire Byrne - Laois
    Mary Wilson- Tipperary

That doesn't really tally with your assertions does it? Oh and the reason they're all white is because the population was about 99.9% white when they started their careers.

D'Arcy - Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Biker79 wrote: »
    Sounds great. Except that most people did it for likes.

The money raised says otherwise

The money raised says otherwise

Accidental do-gooders. Wokies aren't without a sliver of merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Accidental do-gooders. Wokies aren't without a sliver of merit.

Misread that as Wookies and thought, don't tell me we're talking about Star Wars again?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well, there ya have it.
    That's you told.:rolleyes:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55111474
    535263.jpeg

Misread that as Wookies and thought, don't tell me we're talking about Star Wars again?!

They would fit right in on Tatooine. The chap second in from the top left looks like Jar Jar Binks. Beside him could be Jabba the Hut!

NINTCHDBPICT000613306505.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Well, there ya have it.
    That's you told.:rolleyes:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55111474
    535263.jpeg

It would have to be Millwall with their “baggage” doing this - the narrative can be written.

I agree with Kick It Out and anti-racism and anti-discrimination campaigns but I vehemently disagree with the forced “taking the knee” and Black Lives Matter as an organization.

Apparently I’m now racist. Who knew ?

D’Arcy Tipperary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gervais08 wrote: »
    It would have to be Millwall with their “baggage” doing this - the narrative can be written.

Exactly, shame it was Millwall.

I'm in the same boat, being anti racist and anti-BLM are not mutually exclusive.

Booing players for taking the knee doesn't make you racist, but when the club involved has a long history of racism accusations, this will only come across one way.

• Advertisement

They would fit right in on Tatooine. The chap second in from the top left looks like Jar Jar Binks. Beside him could be Jabba the Hut!

NINTCHDBPICT000613306505.jpg?strip=all&w=960

What am I looking at here...?!

Sky King wrote: »
    Tubridy - Booterstown
    D'Arcy- Tipperary
    Miriam - Foxrock
    Claire Byrne - Laois
    Mary Wilson- Tipperary

They are all white Irish. And south Dublin is clearly over represented.

But I wasn't really talking about the front of camera talent, where do the rest of the workers come from? Where are RTE jobs even advertised?

What am I looking at here...?!

Wokies arrested for Woke activities in Portland.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1607668/mugshots-antifa-rioters-arrested-portland-unrest/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Brillant from the Millwall fans today everyone booed the marxist nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I was saying 'Roo-ney' ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

GT89 wrote: »
    Brillant from the Millwall fans today everyone booed the marxist nonsense
    Not my perception.

If you don't like something ..ignore it. Booing just makes you look triggered.

Well, you see, you didn't have the link in the first one, then you called them "wokies". Then you refered to protesting as a "woke activity". And lastly, you linked to a sun article.

So not easy to tell what the truth is here - for all I know, it could be the wall of a barber's in Mayo.

Not my perception.

If you don't like something ..ignore it. Booing just makes you look triggered.

Whereas everyone should stand up and point out what they perceive as discrimination/racism, etc?

I say boo away. Let people express themselves over things that they disapprove of. God knows, we have plenty of other people moaning or showing their dislike/disapproval in other ways for all manner of reasons.

Being ostracized because you don't support BLM and don't want to make superficial or hypocritical gestures... is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thats the thing about these plonkers. They rant diversity and privilege to those of us working in highly diverse sectors of the economy. ( my job has been minority Irish for years now across different offices), while keeping the jobs in RTE not just to the whites, not just to the white Irish, but to a tiny class of upper middle class white Irish from certain postcodes.
    Whereas everyone should stand up and point out what they perceive as discrimination/racism, etc?

I say boo away. Let people express themselves over things that they disapprove of. God knows, we have plenty of other people moaning or showing their dislike/disapproval in other ways for all manner of reasons.

Being ostracized because you don't support BLM and don't want to make superficial or hypocritical gestures... is ridiculous.

The agenda is clear. BLM attempt to demonize and ostracize anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with their ideology, their actions and the roadmap for achieving their goals...after they ostracize down the line they wonder why they are loosing support. It looks like now they are... their mask is slipping... my US based family... wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire... they are fairly liberal yet successful family but they can’t abide this craic with how they behave....

Strumms wrote: »
    The agenda is clear. BLM attempt to demonize and ostracize anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with their ideology, their actions and the roadmap for achieving their goals...after they ostracize down the line they wonder why they are loosing support. It looks like now they are... their mask is slipping... my US based family... wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire... they are fairly liberal yet successful family but they can’t abide this craic with how they behave....

The BLM playbook is based on big loud displays, to keep people's attention on them.. which is hard to do with covid, and the US elections. No doubt they'll start making destructive gestures again in a major way soon.

I suspect the crap going on with sports and the demand to show "solidarity" is coming from the woke crowd, and those wanting to cash in by showing their virtue, rather than BLM.

It doesn't really matter though. Neither BLM nor the woke crowd, can allow differing opinions because their own opinions are so flimsy. So, it comes down to group control, conveying guilt, etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement