Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I've purchased loads of Pixel 3a from their site in the past few months, with no problems.
    Purchased the Pixel 4a with discount yesterday, 300. Money taken and all went through fine.
    Just checked the order status now and it's showing as cancelled.
    Support says it's a technical hitch but they can go through the process again now and get the phone.
    Except the money is still gone, God knows how long it will take to land back in the account.
    It really is a shambles of a site and support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

bidiots wrote: »
    I've purchased loads of Pixel 3a from their site in the past few months, with no problems.
    Purchased the Pixel 4a with discount yesterday, 300. Money taken and all went through fine.
    Just checked the order status now and it's showing as cancelled.
    Support says it's a technical hitch but they can go through the process again now and get the phone.
    Except the money is still gone, God knows how long it will take to land back in the account.
    It really is a shambles of a site and support

Maybe that's why? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

A51 is €299 with €50 off when you switch PLUS €55 cashback.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-a51.html?gallery=payg

Seems pretty decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

carbsy wrote: »
    Maybe that's why? :eek:

‘Twas all above board

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Cheap iPhone

Kids don't like android much

Not necessarily. My 12 year old is getting an Android. It's what she wants, having tried out both an iPhone (her dad's) and an Android (mine). She prefers using an Android tablet over the iPad, too.

Most of her friends do have iPhones, but some have Android. She chose based on what she prefers using. (Lucky for her she chose wisely, as she'd be getting an Android anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Anybody know any deals regarding new Samsung phones. I'm hoping to upgrade from my A70 128GB which I bought last year. Budget around €300. When I enquired about doubling 128GB I was told I'd have to spend about a thousand euro. No way am I spending that on a new phone.

Thanks for any info.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Anybody know any deals regarding new Samsung phones. I'm hoping to upgrade from my A70 128GB which I bought last year. Budget around €300. When I enquired about doubling 128GB I was told I'd have to spend about a thousand euro. No way am I spending that on a new phone.

Thanks for any info.

The A70 is still a good phone. Just pop in a 128GB Micro SD card instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Is the Samsung Galaxy A20E a decent phone? Three have it for 129.99 with a decent 20 euros monthly plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Is the Samsung Galaxy A20E a decent phone? Three have it for 129.99 with a decent 20 euros monthly plan.
    better take xiaomi note 9 for 99e, but you will need to port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

A51 is €299 with €50 off when you switch PLUS €55 cashback.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung/galaxy-a51.html?gallery=payg

Seems pretty decent

A51 is €239 in Three (port offer), then €55 cashback, slightly better deal.

Vodafone tend to cancel your order after 1 or 2 purchase, Three won't.

Also A51 in Vodafone is 64GB storage, A51 in Three is 128GB.

• Advertisement

bondja80 wrote: »
    better take xiaomi note 9 for 99e, but you will need to port.

First Phone for my daughter so can’t port.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

First Phone for my daughter so can’t port.
    Just order a free SIM from Eir and then port that.

Quackster wrote: »
    Just order a free SIM from Eir and then port that.
    Does that work. Thought I read the other providers were onto that

It worked for me. My daughter's new phone is stashed away for Christmas morning. I got a SIM from Eir in the post two days after requesting one online, then ported over the number using the switcher deal.

Done..thanks

It worked for me. My daughter's new phone is stashed away for Christmas morning. I got a SIM from Eir in the post two days after requesting one online, then ported over the number using the switcher deal.

Aww I wish I was young enough again to get free phones at Christmas as they didn't exist then and all we got was a lump of coal & a newspaper in our stockings
    ! :eek::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

The A70 is still a good phone. Just pop in a 128GB Micro SD card instead?

I dont trust those SD cards. I had lots of photos from a trip to California destroyed on a " corrupted" ad card.

It seems Samsung are not giving money off their phones as they did previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

I dont trust those SD cards. I had lots of photos from a trip to California destroyed on a " corrupted" ad card.

Wouldn't you have them backed up

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Badabing1

Hi, sorry for butting in, I'm in the same situation, looking to get phone for Christmas present, if I did this, is there any way the phone might come unlocked ? Don't want to be with three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It seems Samsung are not giving money off their phones as they did previous years.

Everything should be backed up to the cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Canonfan wrote: »
    A51 is €239 in Three (port offer), then €55 cashback, slightly better deal.

Vodafone tend to cancel your order after 1 or 2 purchase, Three won't.

Also A51 in Vodafone is 64GB storage, A51 in Three is 128GB.

Bought the A51 from Amazon.de last week.
    €236 delivered, sold and supplied by Amazon.
    It's unlocked, 128GB, and comes with 30 month warranty.
    (It's temporarily out of stock currently, which I presume means they'll be getting back in at some stage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭DopeTech

biebiebie wrote: »
    (It's temporarily out of stock currently, which I presume means they'll be getting back in at some stage)

Also available from eglobalcentral for €229 and you'll get another €10 off if you sub to their newsletter.

https://www.eglobalcentraleu.com/rpdhukafxhcnco0x7xlup7f50ntmcyk1m.html

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Apart from registering the Eir sim, do you need to put credit on it to get the authorization text from vodafone? I’m on 48 and of course they rejected that after all the BA scalp hunters got there ahead of me🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bronkobilly

Daibheid wrote: »
    Apart from registering the Eir sim, do you need to put credit on it to get the authorization text from vodafone? I’m on 48 and of course they rejected that after all the BA scalp hunters got there ahead of me🤣🤣

vodafone is not accepting tesco mobile 48 or lycamobile for porting ..only accepting three and eir why would need credit as u are accepting a conformation text not sending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

vodafone is not accepting tesco mobile 48 or lycamobile for porting ..only accepting three and eir why would need credit as u are accepting a conformation text not sending

In the shop they can ask you to ring from the number.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »

put a five euro on it your still saving

How are they able to discriminate against genuine buyers wishing to port from these networks?

Doesn't seem right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

biebiebie wrote: »

The €55 cash back from Samsung only applies to UK and Irish retails though:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

How are they able to discriminate against genuine buyers wishing to port from these networks?

Doesn't seem right

Those are all MVNO networks. Not actual networks. So it's easy for them to exclude. Basically the main networks are 3, VF and EIR.

GBX wrote: »
    Those are all MVNO networks. Not actual networks. So it's easy for them to exclude. Basically the main networks are 3, VF and EIR.

I know but they're still customers wishing to switch

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem right

that's vodafones rules most of the ports that have gone through may not be genuine who knows i could not port over from tesco so i stayed on tesco mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Doesn't seem right

It's about curtailing the offer. VF can't stop anyone porting from any network but they CAN control who can avail of a reduced cost phone. The wide availability of the excluded networks SIM cards is probably the main reason for the ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

JeffKenna wrote: »

Just tell them you let the credit run out because you were porting to Vodafone! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Canonfan wrote: »
    The €55 cash back from Samsung only applies to UK and Irish retails though:cool:

Yep I realise that all right. Fair point to make nonetheless for others to be aware of.
    I just mentioned it as an alternative if some didn't want to go the Vodafone route.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Just tell them you let the credit run out because you were porting to Vodafone! :rolleyes:

You know yourself depends who you're dealing with

Be better to have the fiver on it before going into the shop

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I know this is a Vodafone thread, but I'm struggling to buy the Redmi Note 9 o. Three for 99E. I got a Tesco SIM to "port" but it keeps saying that this number can't be ported, try a different number. Have Three stopped accepting TM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

cianof wrote: »
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 128GB Storage PAYG switcher offer.

@ €209.99 w/ €100 off when switching to vodafone.

Total: €109.99
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-9.html?gallery=payg

Gone off the VF website now

Gone off the VF website now

Been gone a few days. Either they only got a few in for Black Friday or it's out of stock....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone else order a A21 and not received it? Mine is down as Awaiting Pickup since 24th Nov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else order a A21 and not received it? Mine is down as Awaiting Pickup since 24th Nov.

Contact them...is money debited on card ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Contact them...is money debited on card ?

Yeah money went through, their CS is useless and tell me its in delivery phase which takes 7 days although its already been in delivery phase since 24th.

dan786 wrote: »
    Yeah money went through, their CS is useless and tell me its in delivery phase which takes 7 days although its already been in delivery phase since 24th.

Told me the same and after talking to maybe 4 different agents they finally told me it was cancelled and I had to request a refund back to card which took 11 working days for 1st order. Total shambles!

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for butting in, I'm in the same situation, looking to get phone for Christmas present, if I did this, is there any way the phone might come unlocked ? Don't want to be with three

This is the second year that I've bought a phone using Vodafone's Black Friday/Christmas switch deal, and both times the phones have been unlocked.

Apart from registering the Eir sim, do you need to put credit on it to get the authorization text from vodafone? I’m on 48 and of course they rejected that after all the BA scalp hunters got there ahead of me🀣🀣

Nope. I put the Eir SIM in an old phone, and a code was sent through to the Eir number when I was placing the order in the Vodafone website. It costs nothing to receive texts, so there was no need to top up, and I just put the verification code into the field on the website and completed the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Nope. I put the Eir SIM in an old phone, and a code was sent through to the Eir number when I was placing the order in the Vodafone website. It costs nothing to receive texts, so there was no need to top up, and I just put the verification code into the field on the website and completed the order.

Some have reported being asked to call the phone shop from the SIM in addition to the SMS code. Obviously not an issue for online purchase but the risk of ordering online is potential for it to be cancelled and then waiting for a refund.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Some have reported being asked to call the phone shop from the SIM in addition to the SMS code. Obviously not an issue for online purchase but the risk of ordering online is potential for it to be cancelled and then waiting for a refund.

it really does depend on the CS agent that you get instore... I've had both happen to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

VF Twitter agent confirmed my order for the A21 has been cancelled because or an "issue". I've asked what it was. No reply yet. They obviously realised they were getting fleeced and cancelled a lot of orders and have now hiked the price. Only €50 off.

Edit: agent now saying to order and they will credit my account €50.
    No thanks. Was only getting the device as it worked out at €39 as a back up.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you've an account with Yolla, Viber etc, it's easy to temporarily change your number to the burner number in case you need to do this. Covered me when that happened to me last year.

If you don't have a Yolla/Viber account, it's a good excuse to set one up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Told me the same and after talking to maybe 4 different agents they finally told me it was cancelled and I had to request a refund back to card which took 11 working days for 1st order. Total shambles!

It's not up to you to request a refund, it's up to them to refund it back to you asap if they are cancelling the order.

• Advertisement

Trading standards should be investigating this carryon..

They're at it every November

Advertisement