Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default values for windows

Options
  • 28-01-2021 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi there, looking to get BER for our house, we renovated and extended in 2006 and installed Rationel Domus double glazed windows.

We gave the order confirmation details, but as architect and builder ordered the windows thats all we have.

The spacer plates have details of the window, size, order no, and the glass size so its the following
    864 DSENG1279 PRESS GLAS SA 2006/XX/XX 2.47 Z28XXX/2006 P15 FLOAT 4MM HART/18 THERMOFLOAT 1.1/4MM 1326X916 C/S 513XXXXXXX/002

i contacted Rationel with the order details but their records dont go back to 2006/7, so wondering if the 1.1 in the spacer bar is the U value, or can anyone suggest how to retrieve it, as would prefer correct value to be used instead of a default value.

Out of interest what would be default value for wooden double glazed windows.

I have a rationel slider and on its spacer bar it has Ug= 1.2, but windows down have the letters Ug but just a value of 1.1 but not sure if this is the U value of the windows.

Would BER assessor accept the Ug value on the spacerbar in their calculations or do the require official confirmation, as I think its now included in order confirmations, but back in 2006 was included as standard.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Biker1

cloughy wrote: »
    Hi there, looking to get BER for our house, we renovated and extended in 2006 and installed Rationel Domus double glazed windows.

We gave the order confirmation details, but as architect and builder ordered the windows thats all we have.

The spacer plates have details of the window, size, order no, and the glass size so its the following
    864 DSENG1279 PRESS GLAS SA 2006/XX/XX 2.47 Z28XXX/2006 P15 FLOAT 4MM HART/18 THERMOFLOAT 1.1/4MM 1326X916 C/S 513XXXXXXX/002

i contacted Rationel with the order details but their records dont go back to 2006/7, so wondering if the 1.1 in the spacer bar is the U value, or can anyone suggest how to retrieve it, as would prefer correct value to be used instead of a default value.

Out of interest what would be default value for wooden double glazed windows.

I have a rationel slider and on its spacer bar it has Ug= 1.2, but windows down have the letters Ug but just a value of 1.1 but not sure if this is the U value of the windows.

Would BER assessor accept the Ug value on the spacerbar in their calculations or do the require official confirmation, as I think its now included in order confirmations, but back in 2006 was included as standard.

Thanks in advance,

Based on the above the assessor has no choice but to use the default of 2.2w/m2k as per the DEAP manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Biker1 wrote: »
    Based on the above the assessor has no choice but to use the default of 2.2w/m2k as per the DEAP manual.

Thanks for the speedy reply, if Rationel were to provide confirmation of the U value of the window range wpuld this be accepted in place of the default value, as 2.2 v 1.2 I assume would have big impact on overall rating.

The window/slider which was the Ug stated on it as 1.2 would that be accepted or still just default.

As mentioned I contacted Rationel and their records dont go back to 2006, so bit stuck to get proper rating, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Biker1

Thanks for the speedy reply, if Rationel were to provide confirmation of the U value of the window range wpuld this be accepted in place of the default value, as 2.2 v 1.2 I assume would have big impact on overall rating.

The window/slider which was the Ug stated on it as 1.2 would that be accepted or still just default.

As mentioned I contacted Rationel and their records dont go back to 2006, so bit stuck to get proper rating, any suggestions?

Yes, if they are willing to provide u-value certs for the windows you are half way there. You would also need a confirmation letter from the supplier stating that those exact type of windows were installed at the house address. Without both the default has to be used.
    Ug is just the glass u-value and is of no use to the assessor as he will need the whole window u-value and solar transmittance of the glass.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They have to provide the u-value and confirmation that they were installed at your property. The letter needs to have your address on it in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,228 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, it being a BER, and 2.2 wont be a mile off for 2006 gear

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, it being a BER, and 2.2 wont be a mile off for 2006 gear

Thanks for the above, not sure how much it would affect raring, Rationel have said U Value around 1.4, I can see on web it being referenced as 1.36, so would this sort of difference make much of a difference in rating, we have lots of wondows, glazed sunroom with DG sliding doors,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,228 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

tough to say without knowing the dimensions of the house but as you wont be able to influence the deap default in the absence of some good documentation I would just be with it and enjoy being covid free :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement