Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sofa, mug of coffee, toast. Grumpy booked a lie in this morning and I'm not complaining. Easing myself into the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    The boss has awoken so I must take him on his morning excursion :D He’s lucky he’s so cute :D

Morning all :). Happy Friday!!!!
    Good to see you back Leg end but as PM said you missed out on the big night out ;):D

Sending hugs your way Thomil :)

Haha, I love your pic but the same can't be said for cats!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea, couch. Rinse repeat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,543 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

thomil wrote: »
    Thanks, I've recovered, but that whole thing awakened some rather unwelcome memories.

Anyway, deskside and pretty tired. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow. It is Friday tomorrow, right?
    Sorry to hear that, thomil, I hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,543 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Leggie, you missed the meet up. It was called the virtual Big Brother house. You never booked your accommodation so unfortunately you've missed out hanging out with all us crazies :p
    I see, I notice Auto laughing too ...

Did Seph and Buile elope?

I see, I notice Auto laughing too ...

Did Seph and Buile elope?

Eloped to the big brother house!
    Think they're still skulking around here somewhere.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

bubblypop wrote: »
    Eloped to the big brother house!.......

I heard that Big Olga detained them for non-essential posting

I'm homeside, wondering what must Alfred make of his new home and having the legs walked off him all the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Got a glimpse of what will be the Covid vaccination centre in a local hotel as Ms G had to get her HPV vaccination. We followed that with a big feed outside Burger King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Good day...had my godson all day and he was full of cuddles...I'm still not sick of watching Moana... surprisingly enough....
    Off to see work wifey tomorrow....outside of knocking at her door Xmas day to leave a pressie on her doorstep, haven't been to her place...
    today was her penultimate radium session, and we shall celebrate Tomo with a socially distanced mocktail !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting with my feet up , reading :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Lovely relaxed evening here, watched a dvd movie earlier, then we had a snack of ham and cheese rolls with a cup of tea, watching the Late Late now with a nice cool beer, life is good (touch wood), hope all here are doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭thomil

Chairside, relaxing with the latest load of company gifts that just got delivered today.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Chairside, relaxing with the latest load of company gifts that just got delivered today.

Oooooh what did we get Thomil?

Bedside, in a funk. No particular reason, just felt like a grumpy sod all day. :o Gonna watch puppies on youtube for a bit.

Cali_girl wrote: »

Bedside, in a funk. No particular reason, just felt like a grumpy sod all day. :o Gonna watch puppies on youtube for a bit.

Can I recommend baby sloth videos? They'd cheer and warm the saddest, crankiest heart.

Oooooh what did we get Thomil?

A DJI Mini 2 drone, Apple AirPods, a Roku streaming stick, a Tile bluetooth tracker and some other small bids and bobs :cool:

Hey, you're the one who asked the question :D

I'm finishing off Sleeping with the Enemy here. I still love this movie. All others in bed. Just me left.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Can I recommend baby sloth videos? They'd cheer and warm the saddest, crankiest heart.
    OMG *squeak* the cuteness. Hours of cuteness incoming. Good call.
    A DJI Mini 2 drone, Apple AirPods, a Roku streaming stick, a Tile bluetooth tracker and some other small bids and bobs :cool:

Wow, that's some care package. I was thinking like a box of chocolates would be cool... Enjoy. You can christen the drone Perseverance ii and send it out exploring the distant parks for us!

Wow, that's some care package. I was thinking like a box of chocolates would be cool... Enjoy. You can christen the drone Perseverance ii and send it out exploring the distant parks for us!

Perseverance II, I like that name :)

We were given a selection of possible gifts early in January from which we could pick a certain amount, it was as a "Thank You" for pushing through 2020 and helping the company get through it. I've been more than a little critical of my employer in the past, but over the last nine months, they've really shown that they actually do care about their staff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Jesus at €500 for the drone that is some gift from your work - fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

0lddog wrote: »
    I heard that Big Olga detained them for non-essential posting

I'm homeside, wondering what must Alfred make of his new home and having the legs walked off him all the time :)

After today’s walks and we did a longer walk this evening and we’re going to take it easy tomorrow, he’s actually wrecked tired poor mite :(

Glitch has my head wrecked

Nice presents Thomil :) I’ll keep an eye out for the drone ;)

Night all :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Birds are singing away here, I'm on couch with hot water bottle, will wander out the back when it brightens for a look.. Two nights work then off for a week, in good news the pain clinic called and I'm in to discuss what to do next on Tuesday. Very surprised to get the call so early in the year but delighted.

Good news Grem, hopefully they help you out.

Long night here, dog not great last couple of days.....not sure if it's the beginning of the end, or just general not well. Taking the day off work

Poor pup, give him a cuddle from me.. Hopefully he bounces back, fingers crossed here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

We got denied boarding last night as the ground staff considered us as normal passengers, so it was a nice return visit to the Irish Village after doing a drive-in PCR test.

Will try again tonight :):)

Third time trying to watch Artemis Fowl.....I've fallen asleep twice before I got halfway.... might be a sign of how "good" this movie is

• Advertisement

Outside, it's beautiful here today , birds singing , the simple things in life .

Just left the moggies two cardboard kitchen paper tubes with cat nip sprinkled inside. Gilbert last seen with his snout inserted in one end of one shoving it along the kitchen floor inhaling audibly!

Just left the moggies two cardboard kitchen paper tubes with cat nip sprinkled inside. Gilbert last seen with his snout inserted in one end of one shoving it along the kitchen floor inhaling audibly!

I've heard of catnip a few times , don't really know what it is though , treat for cats or something like crack?? :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I've heard of catnip a few times , don't really know what it is though , treat for cats or something like crack?? :)

To our cat it's defo like crack.:D

Gonna cut the grass. First cut of the year. Cool but lovely day.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    To our cat it's defo like crack.:D

Gonna cut the grass. First cut of the year. Cool but lovely day.

Thanks G , I'd heard it was like crack but wasn't sure !

Oh Lord , I suppose I really should tackle the grass here too , except it really feels like a punishment somehow :pac:
    (For me , not the grass!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My cat has no interest in catnip whatsoever, but peppermint tea, that’s a whole different kettle of fish!

Just about to start peeling the veg, having roast chicken dinner tonight. Cat also can’t get enough of that :pac:

The first cut of the year has been completed. Happy enough with it considering it was still boggy in places. I reckon that has earned me a beer shortly,

GOPR0077.jpg

Eighties music, bowie currently, then work trundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mia Farrow would disagree....

I like the sonic boom made by the joke as it breaks the sound barrier going over my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have just discovered a game called Geoguessr. You get landed in a Google Street map location somewhere in the world and have to guess where you are.
    Addicted.

^^ I may ignore that as hard as I can :p I'll be lost in it for days..

I have just discovered a game called Geoguessr. You get landed in a Google Street map location somewhere in the world and have to guess where you are.
    Addicted.

Is that not just "Guess the town/village" on boards.ie??

:D

Is that not just "Guess the town/village" on boards.ie??

:D

Nah, its the whole world! But you get to explore and look for clues etc.

Nah, its the whole world! But you get to explore and look for clues etc.

Usually, we have niley for clues :D

Managed to not sleep, yeah! Cooking sausages, bacon etc. Mixed grill for Grumpy. Bacon and black pudding butty pour moi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, chilled and very reflective.

My OH’s mother’s funeral was earlier today - and it was such a beautiful Spring Saturday for the ceremony. Due to restricted numbers, I remained in the car at the church and watched the entire mass live on my tablet, using my phone as a hot spot. My partner’s sister delivered a brilliant eulogy that would have done their mother so very proud. :)

We then went to the Crematorium for a final short ceremony, and this time I was able to sit inside the chapel. It was dignified and really nice. My OH was very upset at times but I was there to comfort him. Then as the curtains were drawn on the coffin, I was in bits.

Thank you all so much again for your kind words of sympathy. You guys are the best! :)

Managed to not sleep, yeah! Cooking sausages, bacon etc. Mixed grill for Grumpy. Bacon and black pudding butty pour moi.

Sounds almost as good as my tea. Haggis and mash and turnips. Yum.

I hope you can take a few more days off next week, Jupiter.
    You'll be wiped out after all the emotions.

Went to work wifeys today.... we sat and chatted for an hour, did us both the world of good... 1 more radium session and it's all behind her :)

I have just remembered that in the fridge their is an ice cold can of coke !
    Crisps and chocolate here too , lovely treat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Hope you are having a great Saturday evening :) Thinking of you and your partner JK (Hugs)

Having pizza now and of course I’m sharing it with Alfred :D

Deskside being grouchy, ya knnow, for a change :pac:

So my best friend just got a new French Bulldog puppy. I met him today and literally struggled to deal with the cuteness. The ears and the cuddlyness and the puppy floof and chub :) :eek:

Random thought: What is friendship really :confused::o
    :pac::pac::pac:

P.S. Anyone know how that microchip thing actually works? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back on duty, lovely 2 bedroom apartment, 3 bathrooms, more space than I know what to do with. So if anyone wants to come visit me, you are most welcome :):)

• Advertisement

Tis chilly out there...time for some pain meds and watch a bit of sports news before starting my day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement