Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G 4G LTE router

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hi there, just looking for some advice from the knowledgeable. I am on a mission to get rid of my Eir phone line and rubbish broadband. I finally got through to Eir last week and was trying to exit my contract. They promised an improvement on my 2 megs but entered a new contract. (Foolish me) Immediately I got 8 megs without any hardware changes, explain that?? I have the 14 day cooling off period and intend on using it if I can get a better option until I can get fibre in my area.
    I am looking at getting a sim card router but am apprehensive, I blame Eir!! My other half works from home on her laptop and we stream stuff to the TV. Would like to get Netflix but other than typical browsing that would be the height of our requirements. A neighbor has a router and a 3 sim card and is happy enough. There would typically be three of us using it from 3 different rooms.
    Would a router and SIM suit my needs and is their anything else I need to be aware of. I am desperate to be rid of Eir and phone line. I hope someone can help, thanks.

Just going my experience with my neighbour, provided you've a good 4G signal you should be grand. 48 are doing a 100GB package for 7.99 a month if you register before Nov 10 or 10.00 there after. Gomo are 120GB for 13.00. They throttle the speed if You go over. Unless you're binging on Netflix either of those might suit.

The router I linked to back the way will support up to 32 devices.

Advertisement