Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deco M5 Mesh WiFi set up.

Options
  • 17-11-2020 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I have an Eir router in bridge mode. Connected to it I have a tplink router. I connected one deco m5 unit by ethernet cable to the to the tplink and then the other decos around the house . All seems to be working well.
    Do I need to turn off the wireless function of the tplink or do I just leave it as is.. Another option seems to rename the Deco Mesh exactually same as Deco Mesh . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I'd of thought that you replace the TPLink with one of the Deco units completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

I'd of thought that you replace the TPLink with one of the Deco units completely.

Absolutely perhaps I should but wasn't sure what I was doing, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Am I loosing bandwidth by having the Eir modem in bridge connecded to the Tplink . I only have copper broadband so I want to max the bandwidth

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No, there shouldn't be any change to the speed by having it in bridge mode. The M5 app on your phone has a speed test on it, you can confirm you're getting close to your advertised speed with that. I'm on the other side of a concrete wall, and I'm getting 200 Mbps wireless.

Advertisement