Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F2000 Router issues

Options
  • 22-01-2021 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have a FTTC broadband connection with Eir. My broadband speed is 12MB.
    I have speed fluctuation issues both over wifi and when directly connected with an ethernet cable over LAN port. I had a call with Eir and they tell me the signal coming into my router is very stable at 12MB.
    When I measure using a speed test, I will typically get 11.4MB but it randomly fluctuates to lesser speeds such as 5MB, 6MB, etc. Sometimes, I get no signal at all and lose internet connection for short periods of time.
    The tech support at Eir, tell me that I have a very stable signal and the issue must be with my router. Assuming that he is correct, Is it normal that a router can cause fluctuation of Speed (and even complete drop out at times) over a LAN connection? If so, could anyone recommend an alternative that might be more stable?

Advertisement