Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited (or good value) Irish mobile minutes?

Options
  • 14-08-2020 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

Are there any business VOIP providers offering an unlimited plan to Irish mobiles? Or a large number of minutes at a competitive rate? Preferably one with a presence/support team in Ireland, although that’s not 100% necessary.

I’ve done a fair bit of searching and am mainly seeing landline bundles. Are mobiles generally chargeable per minute on VOIP?

Even better for my purposes, is it possible to port an analogue phone number to a DID for incoming calls, and then use the same caller ID to make outgoing calls over the old analogue system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭con747

Thank you for this wonderful sharing
    :confused:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Breezer wrote: »
    Are there any business VOIP providers offering an unlimited plan to Irish mobiles? Or a large number of minutes at a competitive rate? Preferably one with a presence/support team in Ireland, although that’s not 100% necessary.

I’ve done a fair bit of searching and am mainly seeing landline bundles. Are mobiles generally chargeable per minute on VOIP?
    Even better for my purposes, is it possible to port an analogue phone number to a DID for incoming calls, and then use the same caller ID to make outgoing calls over the old analogue system?

I had my POTS line for decades ..... back when the call charges were really exhorbitant.

I retained that line (did not port it) and used the same number as caller ID on my VOIP service.
    The incoming calls arrived on the analogue (copper) line and the outgoing calls were done on VOIP.
    This I think illustrates the flexability you are asking about.

I have since ported my analogue number to VOIP and use that service only for receiving calls.
    All my outgoing calls go over VOIP but with my original VOIP service.

Essentially the two are separated ...... two bills of course, one for holding the number and relaying incoming calls to my VOIP account, and the second for outgoing call costs (per minute rate).

Advertisement