Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Dev Beta 6 is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

public beta 6 is out too
    the spatial audio for air pod pros and other supported devices toggle is on this release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Does the COVID app work on the latest beta?

Does the COVID app work on the latest beta?

It does (it has since beta 4) but I had to go in and set the region again after this update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Looks like the Wi-Fi bug has been fixed too.

I really hope I can search destinations on carplay again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭digiman

peteeeed wrote: »
    public beta 6 is out too
    the spatial audio for air pod pros and other supported devices toggle is on this release
    What apps are supporting spatial audio?

digiman wrote: »
    What apps are supporting spatial audio?

Tidal has 360 reality audio but you would have to think apple music will have it too as it's apple that are pushing this for the air pod pros

Anyone having any weird brightness issues on iOS14?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Had it intermittently yeah where the screen goes very dark, have to move it around a bit for it to correct itself. Haven't noticed it recently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Yep. I just locked and unlocked and it went back to normal. Also, reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

My exposure matched key counts are all zero. Anyone else have that issue?

Metalpanic wrote: »
    My exposure matched key counts are all zero. Anyone else have that issue?

You’re not supposed to have any matched key accounts. If you do, you’ll be hearing from the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

You’re not supposed to have any matched key accounts. If you do, you’ll be hearing from the HSE.

Ah I’m mixing up provided key count, never mind!

PB7 has landed in after DB7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tidal has 360 reality audio but you would have to think apple music will have it too as it's apple that are pushing this for the air pod pros

Any of the Netflix shows that have Dolby Atmos support should work too but not 100% if this requires the app to be built against the iOS 14 SDK which unless you’re on a TestFlight supported build it’s unlikely to work until release day.

Public beta 7 is out

Public beta 7 is out

Keep up peteeeed!

(Post before Creamy’s :D)

Payback is a bit*h buddy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,351 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Apple have announced an event for September 15th at 10am PDT(6pm Irish time) which does hint that iOS 14 will be released in September and iOS is normally released about a week after these events so September 22nd or there abouts.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Apple have announced an event for September 15th at 10am PDT(6pm Irish time) which does hint that iOS 14 will be released in September and iOS is normally released about a week after these events so September 22nd or there abouts.

That event is for a new Watch, and possibly an iPad too, but not a new iPhone yet

• Advertisement

A new watch will require watchOS 7 which in turn requires iOS 14. so Itssoeasy is correct in thinking that iOS 14 will be released a week after this event provided the new hardware goes on sale soon thereafter.

A new watch will require watchOS 7 which in turn requires iOS 14. so Itssoeasy is correct in thinking that iOS 14 will be released a week after this event provided the new hardware goes on sale soon thereafter.

Well I’m just going on the trend from the past.

Also, I just said there was an announcement of an event I didn’t say what was being announced.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well I’m just going on the trend from the past.

Also, I just said there was an announcement of an event I didn’t say what was being announced.

I was backing you up.

I was backing you up.

I know the second part wasn’t directed at you.

And I was just saying what the event was for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Mark Gurman who is very reliable with this stuff has said the event will most likely focus on Apple Watch and iPad. He also thinks that iOS will be released after the event but watchOS and macOS won't come till later. Doesn't make much sense to me, unless the watch is shipping a couple of weeks later than expected and watchOS will be released alongside that.

Usually iOS will be released a week or so after the event, so strange that it's focusing on the watch but the software is later.

Public beta 8 is out ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

This is being released tomorrow :D

Along with tvOS 14 and watchOS 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Wasn’t expecting it to be released this quickly

Think this is probably the quickest release post-Apple event. Looking forward to finally trying the new features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Will it be the first time that there has been no gm build?

Wasn’t expecting it to be released this quickly

Same. Was expecting the GM after the event (which is very likely) with a full release the following week.

Yeah the GM is rolling out now to those on the beta. Or at least to developers.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah the GM is rolling out now to those on the beta. Or at least to developers.

I’m sure they are delighted with this notice period :D

Remind me again (still getting used to how it works), do I need to delete the beta profile now?

No mention of beta. In the past did the gm not still reference the beta?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I’m sure they are delighted with this notice period :D

I’ve saw a few angry Tweets from devs. From a non-iOS developer view and just a consumer, I’m delighted with the quick release :D

Remind me again (still getting used to how it works), do I need to delete the beta profile now?

Check for an update, it should say iOS 14 (no beta reference) - install that update. Once it’s done, remove the profile. All done.

I’m not 100%, but I think you need to delete the profile before you download the GM to be able to update to the “official” version of iOS14. In reality, the GM and public release are identical anyway.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    No mention of beta. In the past did the gm not still reference the beta?

That is normal. Means it is the GM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Will iPadOS 14 also be out tomorrow?

Will iPadOS 14 also be out tomorrow?

Yes along with tvOS and watchOS.

macOS Big Sur to follow in October, probably.

Yeah, Apple seems to be splitting macOS from the release of iOS the last few years. It usually follows a few weeks later. Most likely in October, I’d reckon the next event will focus on the iPhone and new Apple Silicon MacBooks. A perfect time to release Big Sur.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah, Apple seems to be splitting macOS from the release of iOS the last few years. It usually follows a few weeks later. Most likely in October, I’d reckon the next event will focus on the iPhone and new Apple Silicon MacBooks. A perfect time to release Big Sur.

Which is a great thing. I worked in support for Apple from iOS 8 up until this summer and some of those releases were an absolute nightmare, especially when they all came at once. The introduction of public beta testing and splitting the releases made my life a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Great thanks

• Advertisement

Cheers all.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

For those that have been running iOS14 and iPadOS 14, do you think it is stable enough to load on to the main phone or iPad tomorrow ?

drogon. wrote: »
    For those that have been running iOS14 and iPadOS 14, do you think it is stable enough to load on to the main phone or iPad tomorrow ?
    yes generally the GM is the final build nothings going to change between now and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    yes generally the GM is the final build nothings going to change between now and tomorrow.

Yep. But just wanted to know if it has been stable so far. Typically GM is released and then it goes public a week later. They have had issues with GM in the past if I recall and had to be released.

drogon. wrote: »
    Yep. But just wanted to know if it has been stable so far. Typically GM is released and then it goes public a week later. They have had issues with GM in the past if I recall and had to be released.

Been stable for the last 3 or so versions at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement