Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use Fritzbox 7590 instead of Gigabox with Vodafone Fibre connection

Options
  • 15-12-2020 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Howdy,

I've been struggling with getting a Fritzbox to work with a Vodafone Fibre connection directly instead of using the supplied Gigabox. The reason I want to do this is there are multiple devices, cameras, temperature sensors etc... all setup with the Fritzbox. Before moving to Vodafone Fibre the Fritzbox was connected directly to an ADSL connection and all was working perfectly. I can connect the Fritzbox WAN port to a LAN port on the the Vodafone Gigabox and use "existing connection over Wan". This all works fine and all devices are up and running however I want to remove the Gigabox from the setup and connect the Fritzbox directly to the Fibre.

When I remove the Gigabox from the setup and connect the the Fritzbox WAN port directly to the Fibre I can't seem to get the correct settings to ensure all devices connected to the Fritzbox wifi (such as my laptop) can get internet access. I used the following post to configure the Username (serial number of your vodafone modem@vfieftth.ie), password (broadband) and VLAN ID (10) but still no joy. reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/harbgm/replacing_vodafone_gigabox/

I'd appreciate any ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

All you need is to set the Fritz!Box to:

- plug a cat6 cable from the lan port of the ONT to the WAN port on the 7590 (LAN1 on a 7530)
    - make sure you have "Advanced View" enabled (3 dots, top right)
    - Menu "Internet" -> "Account Information"
    - select "Connection to an external modem or router"
    - "Operating Mode" - select "Establish own connection to the internet"
    - "Is account information required?" - select "Yes" - enter any odd credentials. They don't matter.
    - "Connection Settings" - make sure to enter 1000 Mbit/s for up and down.
    - "Change connection settings"
    - tick "Use VLAN for internet access" - specify VLan 10

And hit apply.

That's all you need.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ShannonLad

Hi Marlow,

I really appreciate the reply as I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work. As it happens I had the same settings that you suggested. Any other things you can think of that I might have missed?

TIA
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

ShannonLad wrote: »
    I really appreciate the reply as I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work. As it happens I had the same settings that you suggested. Any other things you can think of that I might have missed?

What error message are you getting in the log ?

What Fritz!OS version do you have on the router ?

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ShannonLad

Hi Marlow,

just wanted to say thanks for your assistance. I was setting this up for my neighbour and finally got it working this evening by replacing the cable with a Cat7 (it was cat5e previously).

I literally did nothing apart from changing the cable and everything now works.

Cheers,
    Eoin

Advertisement