Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi calling on vodafone?

Options
  • 03-07-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

does anyone know if this needs provisioning on the vodafone side? i have an xs max and a red connect price plan.

Wifi calling is turned on but if i try make a call with airplane mode on and wifi on it says no network connection connect to a wifi network or disable airplane mode to make a call. But i am connected to wifi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hi all

does anyone know if this needs provisioning on the vodafone side? i have an xs max and a red connect price plan.

Wifi calling is turned on but if i try make a call with airplane mode on and wifi on it says no network connection connect to a wifi network or disable airplane mode to make a call. But i am connected to wifi?

You should have it but ring them to make sure it is provisioned correctly. It can be buggy. If you “force” it on via. Airplane mode it can take 10-20 seconds I find to kick in. Also, ensure UDP ports 500 and 4500 are open as it needs those ports to activate and work as per Apple.

To add to this - I had Wifi Calling working fine until yesterday. Now this morning it would not connect even by placing phone into Airplane mode. Will check again this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

anyone actually have this working with vodafone? what tariff are you on?

Cyrus wrote: »
    anyone actually have this working with vodafone? what tariff are you on?

It’s back working. RED Connect Super. Google what tariffs it’s available on with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

I'm having a similar issue. Is there a notification when you're connected to wifi calling? On EE in the UK, it used to say "EE - WiFi Calling" as the network in the top left of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Kevrano wrote: »
    I'm having a similar issue. Is there a notification when you're connected to wifi calling? On EE in the UK, it used to say "EE - WiFi Calling" as the network in the top left of the screen.
    ya it says vodafone wifi calling, you may have to get them to activate it even if your plan has it and you have it turned on on the phone.

Anyone having issues with wifi calling on Vodafone home broadband? It keeps falling off and not connecting to it for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Anyone having issues with wifi calling on Vodafone home broadband? It keeps falling off and not connecting to it for some reason?

Try your own advice to Cyrus from earlier. Google “anyone having issues with WiFi calling on Vodafone...”

naasrd wrote: »
    Try your own advice to Cyrus from earlier. Google “anyone having issues with WiFi calling on Vodafone...”

Nah, you’re alright it’s fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Hi, I just switched from Eir to Vodafone for home broadband. I had no issues with wifi calling when using Eir, but it does not work now since switching to Vodafone.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I have the occasional issue. Try turning Wifi calling off on your phone, do a soft reset/reboot of your phone and re-enable wifi calling. If that doesn’t work try rebooting your router. I’m with Vodafone for broadband too and am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Typical, away in London and the wife is with GoMo so gets WiFi Calling with Eir at home but also is receiving Eir Wifi calling in London! Bloody Vodafone doesn’t 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

I've never been able to get Wi-Fi calling to work on my Vodafone bill pay and iPhone 12. Either at home or in the office, it's never worked. Vodafone just sending me a new sim card now to see if that magically works.

Advertisement