Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scanner question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

Yes it should work. freq says 78-512MHz (with gaps)

I can get Fire/ambulance dispatch on below freqencies and these ranges are included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

thanks micko45 is this the one you have? can you buy these in Ireland. It says online hard to program

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

micko45 wrote: »
    Yes it should work. freq says 78-512MHz (with gaps)

I can get Fire/ambulance dispatch on below freqencies and these ranges are included.

Are the Fire and Ambulance now operating Tetra which means you cant listen to them.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Are the Fire and Ambulance now operating Tetra which means you cant listen to them.

Not sure about fire, but Ambulance for kildare can still be heard on above freq, I heard them over the weekend.

thanks micko45 is this the one you have? can you buy these in Ireland. It says online hard to program

I have a uniden UBC3500XLT which can be programmed with the PC. I got it on adverts for 100€. its a good scanner but i have a discone antenna mounted 30 feet and I am not far from dublin so i pickup quite a bit on it. But most of the interesting stuff is gone digital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

micko45 wrote: »
    I have a uniden UBC3500XLT which can be programmed with the PC. I got it on adverts for 100€. its a good scanner but i have a discone antenna mounted 30 feet and I am not far from dublin so i pickup quite a bit on it. But most of the interesting stuff is gone digital.
    OK thanks. I will look at that one

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I wouldn't hold out too much longer for DFB on VHF.

Phibsboro station posted a tweet about all their engines being Scania now and saying goodbye to their old call-signs as they cross over to Tetra :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I retired from Cork County Fire Service last year, but before I went, we had switched over to Tetra digital radio and what a difference it made. Absolutely perfect reception, crystal clear, no blackspots like we used to have on vhf. We could talk to crews in other stations 50 miles away , like they were next door. Gardai went Tetra good few years ago. I think most ambulance gone Tetra also. --snip--

Advertisement