Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brotox

Options
  • 10-04-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Botox for men or brotox as I've heard it been called! Anyone bother with it? What are you experiences of it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

No no no..
    Please just be a man age gracefully, nothing as bad a woman trying to keep looking young.
    But not men as well

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Brotox lol

Not for me ta.
    It's paying someone to inject poison into your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The pressure to look "perfect" these days is scary. I prefer to age gracefully than be fake thanks. You know people will notice it and won't take you as seriously anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Irish_rat wrote: »
    The pressure to look "perfect" these days is scary. I prefer to age gracefully than be fake thanks. You know people will notice it and won't take you as seriously anymore

Like men who dye their hair looks silly and draws more attention

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Hit the gym, sort out your diet , get your body fat down and you will get the same effect.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I have to admit, I had it done once on my forehead to iron out a few crinkles and get rid of my 11's.

Left my forehead feeling like a piece of playdough for 3 months.

I can see the allure but I wont be getting it done again - aging (gracefully) is more forgiving for men than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I've never considered 'Brotox' but I've been tempted by 'Scrotox'

As a chronic sufferer of "hyperactive retraction reflex" (shrinkage!), the temperature has to be in the high 20s before 'big jim and the lads' look their best.

I've spent a lifetime in locker rooms trying to tug the wee man out of my abdomen. Its usual appearance is best described as a cocktail sausage sitting on a walnut. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Botox for men or brotox as I've heard it been called! Anyone bother with it? What are you experiences of it?

No experience here, I'd consider it, but I'd be afraid I'd end up looking like Catwoman. Nothing wrong with investigating if you're interested. Check out relevant websites and try to ignore the negativity here.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would never judge anyone for wanting to get it and I can see why, but dont think it is for me.

Then again I had my back lasered and am getting spider veins on my cheeks done, I would say botox is a lot less painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

As far as I'm concerned, unless your willing to pump this stuff into your face every 3 months at 250-300 quid a go, its a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

It does tend to make people look a bit like Data from Star Trek, but each to their own.

I just don't know why it's being branded as 'brotox', when there's nothing gender specific about it. It's just botulinum toxin that causes muscle paralysis.

To be quite honest too, I think both genders age gracefully. There are plenty of women who do it very well, actually you'll tend to notice that more so in places like France and Italy than here. There's just less of a notion that being older is a bad thing. I just think men haven't been marketed to to the same degree (yet).

The whole US-driven media culture that you have to desperately try to remain 'forever 21' has a lot to answer for. My view of it is you're better to work with what you have than to try and fake youth. It invariably looks fake and whether you're male or female, that comes across.

That doesn't mean you let yourself go either, it's just you present yourself as you are in your best light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Please don't get it done. At best you'll end up with a shiny, plastic looking forehead that doesn't move and at worst you could end up with droopy eyes/looking very strange.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I reckon it will catch on, male vanity seems to be massive nowadays among younger people, (imo of course), with gym and dating culture and once all these guys starting getting older they are going to be vulnerable to the marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thenumber3

Each to their own. I had it done a few years back, every 3 months over two years. I'm in my late thirties and to be honest just got a notion - I wasn't happy with crows feet at my eyes and one or two lines on my forehead.

My GP happened to do it so I thought I'd just try it out. For me, I felt it worked out as we had a chat and agreed to start low rather than overdo it, looking like a male version of Kylie isn't a good look.

It worked out well for me, a subtle improvment. It's not like I arrived into work a few days later with a tight expressionless face. I just didn't bother keeping it up but odds are I might get another jab again if the mood takes me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Gffg

It doesn't work for the neck. So in other words, if you have the neck of a 50 year old and the forehead of a 20 year, you'll just look weird.

Advertisement