12-06-2020, 16:16   #1
Spon Farmer

Anybody going to Ikea soon???

Anybody going to Ikea this evening or over the weekend?

I would like something checked on a product so I can know whether it is okay to order or if I should wait for the restrictions to end to collect it.
Advertisement
14-06-2020, 18:56   #2
Muahahaha

Wont be going myself for several weeks but if you do go expect a queue of up to an hour to get inside. Probably better off to go late in the evening about an hour before closing if you're just there to check a product
15-06-2020, 21:00   #3
bren2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Wont be going myself for several weeks but if you do go expect a queue of up to an hour to get inside. Probably better off to go late in the evening about an hour before closing if you're just there to check a product
Went on Thursday morning. Arrived at 10:10, store opened at 10:30. I was in around 10:40. I probably spent less time queuing overall as I waltzed up to the till and flew around the store as it felt completely empty.
Thanks from:
15-06-2020, 22:28   #4
Muahahaha

That was pretty decent for the first week back open. The shopping centres are back open today now too so people have more and more places to go browse and kill time, thus queues will be less and less. I would still avoid Ikea at the weekends though, its always going to be busy then.

Last edited by Muahahaha; 15-06-2020 at 22:31.
15-06-2020, 22:31   #5
van_beano

75 min queue this morn, I started queuing at 10:30. The shop was empty in places but got pretty crowded in others. Card only payments.

So I’m of absolutely no use to the OP.

What’s the product? Someone might know something about it already.
Advertisement
16-06-2020, 12:29   #6
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren2001 View Post
Went on Thursday morning. Arrived at 10:10, store opened at 10:30. I was in around 10:40. I probably spent less time queuing overall as I waltzed up to the till and flew around the store as it felt completely empty.
So what you are telling me is that it would have been no bother for you post here , I tell what I need info on to check on the product?

16-06-2020, 12:31   #7
Birneybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spon Farmer View Post
So what you are telling me is that it would have been no bother for you post here , I tell what I need info on to check on the product?

Also, you don't think it's a BIT much asking randomers to check something vague out for you?
16-06-2020, 12:31   #8
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
I'm not from Dublin and would be getting it delivered.

Just would have like to have some info first.
16-06-2020, 12:34   #9
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birneybau View Post
Also, you don't think it's a BIT much asking randomers to check something vague out for you?
Anybody who thinks it "too much" wouldn't be interested in looking or commenting here.

Anybody who is happy to help out would not think it is "too much".

I think you need to look up the definition of "vague". I have posted NO details whatsoever. That is not "vague" at all.
Advertisement
16-06-2020, 12:38   #10
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_beano View Post
75 min queue this morn, I started queuing at 10:30. The shop was empty in places but got pretty crowded in others. Card only payments.

So I’m of absolutely no use to the OP.

What’s the product? Someone might know something about it already.
You could have been though.

I was waiting to see if anyone would say yes before I posted the name of the product, although it might have made more sense to do so in case I didn't see a response in time.

It is the LYCKSELE LÖVÅS Chair-bed - https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/lycksel...rey-s69134158/

It is in stock but "currently unavailable for delivery" (was available when I started the thread) so maybe it is pointless at the moment.

I need to know if the bed frame itself comes in a box.

I've heard some horror stories about Ikea furniture delivery.

Last edited by Spon Farmer; 16-06-2020 at 12:46.
16-06-2020, 16:01   #11
van_beano

I've a small couch the looks a bit like that, cost about €90. That came flat packed, I'd imagine this will be the same.
Thanks from:
16-06-2020, 16:23   #12
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_beano View Post
I've a small couch the looks a bit like that, cost about €90. That came flat packed, I'd imagine this will be the same.
Thank you.

Have you got a link for that couch?

We are currently discussing ideas for the room since the chair bed in question is not available to deliver.
16-06-2020, 16:28   #13
Princess Calla

If you go into product details and then package details, it tells you that it comes in 3 packages.

Not sure if that's any use to you.
Thanks from:
16-06-2020, 16:37   #14
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Calla View Post
If you go into product details and then package details, it tells you that it comes in 3 packages.

Not sure if that's any use to you.
yes the frame, mattress and cover are the three items but I wanted to know if the frame itself is in a box.

Delivery is not an option though so I was just heading to the Home & Garden section for help with alternatives - need a small narrow bed/sofa for a small space.
16-06-2020, 16:38   #15
Tails142

What do you think the frame comes flat packed in, if not a box?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion