Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mf 375 40k box

• 30-11-2015 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anyone have a mf 375. I am on the lookout for one preferably with a 40k box.
    12 speed shuttle.

Anyone have one or know any issues with them.

What value is a reasonable one around 95 with 6k hours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

foreman wrote: »
    12 speed shuttle.

Never knew you could get them with a 40k box. Neighbour had one and was a good tidy tractor. Like a smaller 390 but they cost nearly the same as the 390

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

Thanks. I know the 390 comes with 40k.think it was an optional extra back in the day.anyone have one or know where ther is one for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fanmanad

Seen a nice tidy 362 on done deal this evening. 40k and 4wd but looking big money for it. I no its smaller than you were looking for but might be a price guide

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Why are you limiting your search to a 375? Better spec'd alternatives to be got at similar money.

375 or 390

Which gearbox is better
    12 speed or 18 speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Go for the 12 speed shuttle over the 18 speed one.

Granted the shuttle is much handier around the yard, but the biggest reason is that the 18 speed is wrongly geared for yard work. Reverse (H) is waaaaaaaay too fast around the yard, you'll end up half dipping the clutch and burn the clutch in no time. Reverse (m) is just too slow, even in high speed.

In the 30km shuttle version, 1st high is a perfect speed around the yard in either forward or reverse.

Was thinking 40k box would be handy for the roadwork but not that common i dont think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

foreman wrote: »
    12 speed shuttle.

Don't know if they ever came with a 40k box. If you fitted larger wheels it would speed it up. Great tractor tho with the bombproof 236 perkins in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Don't know if they ever came with a 40k box. If you fitted larger wheels it would speed it up. Great tractor tho with the bombproof 236 perkins in it.

Yeah A.4 236 perkins engine are excellent, there's a turbo version in MF 390T and 398 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Yeah A.4 236 perkins engine are excellent, there's a turbo version in MF 390T and 398 also.

Yep. Had a turbo one in a landini here before.
    9500 hrs on it when it left here and running like a mouse's heart.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback lads. Not many tidy ones out there???

Seem to be rare with 40k box. Anyone have a 300 series with 40k box. Any oroblwms

Bump.

Any opinions on the 40k box in a 390 or 399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭kk.man

Had 2 390t s zero problems with 40 box. However clutch wheel goes in them after a while thus they need to be broken into 2. Ask dealer was it done etc when buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Have a 398 here with a 40k and no issues so far.

Thanks for the feed back.is there any major diferences in high line and lo profile cabs apart from height....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

The hi line cab is higher with an extra step and the floor is flat. The low profile is lower but has the hump in the middle of the floor, but looks better. The hi line can look a bit lanky but ya have a better view out of it. I'd be lookin for a 390 if I was you because someone told me the 375 isn't as well balanced as 390, suppose that's the reason the 390 is far more popular.

Prefer the hi line to be honest. Hump in middle of floor is awkward when entering and leaving the cab...

Advertisement