Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

differences in guitars fg800m and fg800

Options
  • 02-05-2020 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi newbie on boards and guitars here! Can someone please tell me whats the difference between a yamaha fg800m and a yamaha fg800 other than a matte finish and satin or gloss or colour. Are the guitars the exact same wood and hardwear etc....

From the descriptions on websites it looks the exact same? But there is a €50 difference why?

can someone please tell me thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yup, looks like their identical. Different finishes require different amounts of work, which might explain the price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebelfido

ya I figured as much thanks!

The price difference comes from the fact that the natural matte finish is less work for the maker than the gloss, so they push that one.

Advertisement