Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tornado and Storm Bray Seafront

Options
  • 14-04-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Found this link on YouTube.. I don't know much about weather. But taught you weather dudes might like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dU7rW2kv7U

Edit : Sorry was already posted in another tread 😥

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cool vid!

Pity he/she put it up on the tube first.. I'd be ringing RTE and asking them how much will they pay for Ireland's first recorded twister vid!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Amazing! I didn't see the tornado but was woken by the sound of constant distant thunder which was ongoing for ages which I thought was strange but not surprising seen as this system I was hearing produced a tornado!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

FYI: Oh showing the vid to a friend in the US (who sees loads of em) that's called a Water Spout and they usually fizzle out once they hit land.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Definitely a water spout. And a pretty piddling one at that !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

RTE News has a short piece on it. Met spokesperson says "conditions were right for it".

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

bnt wrote: »
    RTE News has a short piece on it. Met spokesperson says "conditions were right for it".
    Quote of the century that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Quote of the century that.

She did go on to explain the conditions which added body to the "quote"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

they called it a "water tornado" on the 6 news.

These things are commonplace in Ireland just not many people record them on video. They usually form over the sea due to the marked temperature differences between sea and land and by the time they hit the coast they are more out than "spout"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'be seen a few spouts over the years, but still think that the most impressive are the dust devils seen on dollymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

Radar Animation

spout.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement