Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electoral registers

• 10-05-2021 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance as this isn't exactly genealogy. I'm looking to view electoral registers for 2000 to 2019. I know you can view the current one online. Does anyone know where I can view the above years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,547 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In person in the county library/archive for the constituency. They won't be online any time soon, basically - and the current one can only be checked for someones info you already know rather than seen in full online!

Many (most? all?) county archives have not yet reopened for viewing despite libraries reopening today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, I tried to look at books in my county archive today but they haven't reopened yet. They moved all the good history books there - such a failure considered the much more restrictive opening hours in archives compared to regular local libraries.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Under GDPR etc I don't think Electoral registers are available for viewing in libraries etc. They are only available for searching for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 chattering

Local authorities publish 2 versions of the Register of Electors: the Full Register and the Edited Register.

The Full Register lists everyone who is entitled to vote. Once a Full Register has been published, it can only be used for an electoral or other statutory purpose.

The Edited Register contains the names and addresses of voters who have given their permission for their details to be used for other purposes (for example, for direct marketing use by a commercial company or other organisation).

Source: Citizens Information Website

You can view any edited register in the library, take copies and use as above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement