Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio ideas for Heating and Wind Blocking

Options
  • 16-04-2021 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hopefully I'm in the right forum...

But anyway, I managed to finish my little patio last year (not much else to do last summer) - roughly 4mx4m and have the furniture and BBQ but where it is can get a bit cool in the evenings as it is elevated and in a windy position. I'm thinking to get a screen and/or a gas heater so we can make more use of the space during the summer evenings. Was looking at one of these -
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tidyard-Retractable-Bilateral-Extendable-Anthracite/dp/B086XHQYHC/ref=psdc_4245830031_t3_B0874LBB8J?th=1

Was also looking at gas heaters but would I also need a parasol or something to keep the heat in (BBQ is gas so would just flip the hose to the heater when needed).

Appreciate any advice...

Cheers,
    PB

Comments

phelimb wrote: »

But anyway, I managed to finish my little patio last year (not much else to do last summer) - roughly 4mx4m and have the furniture and BBQ but where it is can get a bit cool in the evenings as it is elevated and in a windy position. I'm thinking to get a screen and/or a gas heater so we can make more use of the space during the summer evenings. Was looking at one of these -
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tidyard-Retractable-Bilateral-Extendable-Anthracite/dp/B086XHQYHC/ref=psdc_4245830031_t3_B0874LBB8J?th=1

Was also looking at gas heaters but would I also need a parasol or something to keep the heat in (BBQ is gas so would just flip the hose to the heater when needed).

Appreciate any advice...

Cheers,
    PB

Looks a bit like a ready made sail and not sure how well it would work in a windy position. Would you consider getting large planters and filling them with a screening plant like bamboo?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

phelimb wrote: »

Appreciate any advice...

Cheers,
    PB
    Apparently those propane-powered patio heaters can no longer be legally sold, due to EU regulations.

Advertisement