Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Waterfall Coffee Trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pic isnt showing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A new one popped up close to where I live too.

I was wondering is there any rules about these? I assume you have to apply for some sort of licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭JoannieG

NIMAN wrote: »
    A new one popped up close to where I live too.

I was wondering is there any rules about these? I assume you have to apply for some sort of licence?

I think you have to have approval from the local authority. I know of a few who opened and were quickly moved by the council when it was discovered that they didn't have the necessary permissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

Is this "the pod"? It's been there for a long time now, or at least the viewpoint...

JoannieG wrote: »
    I think you have to have approval from the local authority. I know of a few who opened and were quickly moved by the council when it was discovered that they didn't have the necessary permissions.

Sounds like a great way to receive cash in hand and avoid Revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭malinheader

No rates or rent either. Just noticed the new one last week on the bridge.

It's not that easy to avoid Revenue. They call to the vans (chipper/coffee/etc) and demand the till roll. You have to stop everything and hand it over. Anyone without a till is screwed - tax audit, etc. A friend of mine has a chipper van and it has happened to her several times. And they also sit in the car beside her van making note of how many customers she has.

It's not that easy to avoid Revenue. They call to the vans (chipper/coffee/etc) and demand the till roll. You have to stop everything and hand it over. Anyone without a till is screwed - tax audit, etc. A friend of mine has a chipper van and it has happened to her several times. And they also sit in the car beside her van making note of how many customers she has.

That's assuming they see or discover you of course. I'm sure there are vans out there who keep moving and gave never had such a visit from revenue.

When you apply to the council for whatever licence you need, do they forward your details on to Revenue?

That's assuming they see or discover you of course. I'm sure there are vans out there who keep moving and gave never had such a visit from revenue.

When you apply to the council for whatever licence you need, do they forward your details on to Revenue?

It's not hard to find out who someone is. Revenue has access to the National Vehicle File that lists the registered owners of all vehicles. I don't know if the local authority passes on info but I suspect that you may need a tax compliance cert to get your permission. That's usual for a lot of licences/permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's not hard to find out who someone is. Revenue has access to the National Vehicle File that lists the registered owners of all vehicles. I don't know if the local authority passes on info but I suspect that you may need a tax compliance cert to get your permission. That's usual for a lot of licences/permits.

Plus public liability insurance, casual trading licence, Health board regs.I'd say that coffee van owner will be thanking the OP on boards for bringing his place into the public eye of he gets 'the knock' over the coming days from Revenue, Donegal CoCo, Environmental Health officers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

overshoot wrote: »
    Is this "the pod"? It's been there for a long time now, or at least the viewpoint...

Its not the Pod. Thats not been there for ages, maybe its only seasonal?

This is located on private land right next to the track down to the secret waterfall.

As for Revenue and all that stuff, no idea, I don't care, it's just a cool trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

overshoot wrote: »

No a new one that's set up just down the road for it

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Its not the Pod. Thats not been there for ages, maybe its only seasonal?

Pod was back last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Plus public liability insurance, casual trading licence, Health board regs.I'd say that coffee van owner will be thanking the OP on boards for bringing his place into the public eye of he gets 'the knock' over the coming days from Revenue, Donegal CoCo, Environmental Health officers etc.

If they're all above board, they have nothing to worry about.

If not, then tough.

Advertisement