Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a upholstery repair service

Options
  • 07-03-2021 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been looking to find an upholstery repair service locally for months. My living room sofa spring had been misplaced/broken. If someone can point me to a right guy, highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where are you located? .... Approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

muffler wrote: »
    Where are you located? .... Approx.

Letterkenny itself. Do you know someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭md23040

There are a lot of amateurs at this game and okay for doing dining rooms chair covers etc. But if you want a proper job, especially for a sofa, then would recommend Dohertys Designer Suites in Strabane. But it will cost more than the regular, but the job will be done right.

I have used different places in Derry and Donegal and none come anywhere near for quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Rainislove wrote: »
    Letterkenny itself. Do you know someone?
    Sorry, dont know anyone myself but was just asking for your location as it might help others in recommending someone local.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

md23040 wrote: »
    There are a lot of amateurs at this game and okay for doing dining rooms chair covers etc. But if you want a proper job, especially for a sofa, then would recommend Dohertys Designer Suites in Strabane. But it will cost more than the regular, but the job will be done right.

I have used different places in Derry and Donegal and none come anywhere near for quality.

Its an old sofa and I am not expecting it to last more than another 2-3 years. I am looking to get the job done with out spending any premium rate on it. If you know any local guys, please PM me the contact details..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

There’s a guy in mountain top industrial estate, can’t remember his name. He covered a few chairs for us in recent years and did a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Jim Mc Connell in Buncrana check out his facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Similar vane question however for the Twin Towns area and just basic dining chairs need re-done. Anyone able to recommend someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

John Feeney Upholsterer

Ardara Co. Donegal

(074)9541689

Advertisement