Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pandabear2

Hi,
    I'm looking for some up to date feedback on Dundalk and what it is like to live in with young kids. Has anyone relocated there from Dublin (or elsewhere) recently?
    I like it myself but people's faces seem to drop when I say we're thinking of moving there!!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

As a Limerick man I know what its like to have this "stigma" after i tell people im from there, it gets tiring after hearing it over and over from people who havent even been there or know anything about the place.

As it happens I am going to be moving to the Dundalk area in the not too distant future so it would be interesting to see feedback on local people on their views of the place.

To me i see a fast growing, young town with huge potential due to its proximity to both Belfast and Dublin. Certainly a place to watch out for in the future, the more it grows the more investment it will get which leads to more opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Bard wrote: »
    I grew up in Limerick myself, moved to Dublin, then Ardee and now am living in Dundalk for the best part of a year. I've made a lot of friends here, been out a fair bit in plenty of local pubs and clubs, I work here and I've even gotten involved in community radio here.

I've had FAR less problems here in Dundalk than I ever had in Limerick or Dublin - both of which I was accosted/attacked/mugged in. Maybe that's just luck, - or maybe it's the fact that Dundalk is actually quite a fine town with a promising future as Ireland's next city. As someone said already, it's on the up and up and things are looking good for the town. We'll see. Personally, I like the place and I'm sticking around. :)

Just seen this post, you look like you've followed a similar path as myself only im still in Dublin, looking at the move in a few months which will be nice. Plenty positives to take on the area when youve lived in cities like myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's like any large town but it does have a feel of progress and positive growth nowadays. There's decent investment in the area, plenty of activities to suit all tastes and a great mix of people. It has a reputation from decades back, that was overstated even then, but all in all I think it's a fine town with lots of good people and is set to thrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pandabear2

@Dave 27, yeah you're right, I find its mainly people who haven't even been to Dundalk that are putting it down.
    Living up here now and its a grand spot. As you said it really does have great potential being between Dublin and Belfast as well. It's nice that its on the coast too. Blackrock just down the road is lovely with nice cafes, pubs and a couple restaurants. The people are friendly.
    The way I see it is every big town has its rougher areas so if you want to avoid that you'd have to go to a sleepy little village somewhere but then that has its disadvantages. I've tried the country living too and you end up spending a lot of time driving to get from A to B and get stuff done.

Advertisement