Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of work payment

Options
  • 25-05-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Where do I apply for this? I was put out sick for two weeks as recommended by my GP suspecting to have coronavirus. When I try to apply on mywelfare.ie it says when or why has your employment ended? The GP has advised me to apply for it online.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Where do I apply for this? I was put out sick for two weeks as recommended by my GP suspecting to have coronavirus. When I try to apply on mywelfare.ie it says when or why has your employment ended? The GP has advised me to apply for it online.

Thanks

try asking in the state benefits forum.Your doctor
    probably meant online at welfare.ie which would also make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

Make sure you are applying for the right payment. If you are out of work sick, then your employment has not ended, and you may be looking at the wrong form.

If your employment has ended because your employer cannot offer you work due to COVID, then you should apply for COVID Pandemic Unemployment Payment. If this is the case, you can state that the reason your job has ended is because your employer has laid you off due to COVID.

If you have been advised to self-isolate by your GP, or if you have tested positive for COVID, then you apply for COVID Illness Benefit payment.

If you are sick for any other reason, you apply for normal Illness Benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Make sure you are applying for the right payment. If you are out of work sick, then your employment has not ended, and you may be looking at the wrong form.

If your employment has ended because your employer cannot offer you work due to COVID, then you should apply for COVID Pandemic Unemployment Payment. If this is the case, you can state that the reason your job has ended is because your employer has laid you off due to COVID.

If you have been advised to self-isolate by your GP, or if you have tested positive for COVID, then you apply for COVID Illness Benefit payment.

If you are sick for any other reason, you apply for normal Illness Benefit.

Thanks it is the COVID Illness Benefit payment I am wanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

stevek93 wrote: »
    Thanks it is the COVID Illness Benefit payment I am wanting.

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/df55ae-how-to-apply-for-illness-benefit-for-covid-19-absences/

If you are certified as being a potential source of infection and directed to self-isolate, then payment will last for 2 weeks. If you require a further period of self-isolation, you will need to re-apply after the initial period is over.

If you have a positive COVID test, then you can receive this payment for as long as you remain out of work (as long as these provisions are extended)

If your illness does not fall under these two categories, then regular Illness Benefit is the appropriate application.

Advertisement