Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

scdublin wrote: »
    I imagined it was something along those lines but I could move and she sat up in the bed so she could too.

Maybe aspects of the dream carrying over into wakening then, especially if ye woke up with a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

kylith wrote: »
    Maybe aspects of the dream carrying over into wakening then, especially if ye woke up with a start.

Yeah I think my mind just blended the nightmare with reality - was horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

scdublin wrote: »
    Yeah I think my mind just blended the nightmare with reality - was horrible!

I can imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It can be terrifying but I think aspects of dreams can mistakenly be registered as real life by your conscience. Sometimes I'll be half awake but I'll still be hearing and seeing things from my dream. Slightly different to sleep paralysis but can be equally as terrifying especially if you're having a bad dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dorado

[/QUOTE]
    my guess is likely that the girl died and you saw her ghost. it would explain the man going pale and as for the "out with her mates" line, I think that was a lie so as not to make you feel terrible for asking about and reminding them of their daughter. perhaps they were in denial about her death and made am excuse so as to avoid acknowledging she was gone for good, instead simply gone out for the night. what a story though.....[/QUOTE]

That's a thought that never crossed my mind, even once. That she was already gone... and they knew. The chills I never got before- they're here ;) thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

dorado wrote: »
    I hope this won't be too much to read, but this too has stayed with me.

In the late 90s, I was eighteen or nineteen years old. I was waitressing at a family restaurant on the outskirts of a big city.

Just a little background: I had been working there for a couple of years by that time. It was the sort of high quality establishment that had a bar attached, a big lobby, and so on; it could seat about one hundred people when full. Traditional food, full meals, and for the most part, traditional customers. On All-Ireland match days, we’d be mad busy, and it might get a bit rowdy and whatnot, but other than that it was a place you’d come to to have candles on the tables, starters, main course, dessert, coffee, wine, and generally stay a while.

One particular Saturday night, I was the only one serving meals at about 10 pm or so; the dining room was more or less empty so I wasn’t rushed off my feet. I did have a couple of supervisors working with me but they were not out on the floor serving/cleaning/seating people like I was.

I was wiping a table in one corner, and three people walked in. A couple, and who I guessed was their daughter, not much older than me. So maybe they were in their forties or fifties. Nicely dressed up for the evening. I stopped wiping, walked over, asked them if they wanted a smoking or non smoking table, seated them, put menus in front of them. As you do.

Went and fetched them a jug of water. Went back to my cleaning.

Soon the couple looked ready to order (they were making eye contact with me) and even though the girl had gone to the ladies’, I went over with my little notebook and pen. Scribbled down his order, her order. Everything was normal.

There was a pause.
    I said, and I’ll never forget this, “do you want to wait for her to come back, or do you already know what she wants to order?”
    I thought it was a perfectly reasonable thing to ask, but I got a puzzled look from both of them.

I think it was the man who asked me to repeat.
    I did, and they brushed me off, “ah, no, no, it’s just us tonight.”
    Now, the thing to do would have been to listen to them, and walk away into the kitchen and put their order through and forget it.

Instead, stubborn me stood there, wanting to be sure they understood what I was asking, to avoid confusion later.
    I said something like, “is she not eating, then?” or similar.
    “No, no, we’re by ourselves, thanks.”
    And then I was getting annoyed that even if she didn’t want to eat, with them they could at least acknowledge my acknowledgment of her presence!
    I said (and I was never, before or after, so brisk with a customer; in that place you could get into awful trouble for being cheeky) “okay then, but I was only asking about the person who was with you. That’s fine, though.”

Then they looked at me properly for the first time, and asked me what I was talking about.
    So I said about the person who was with them when they came in, but at that point I took the order and went away, deciding not to spend an evening discussing it and looking silly or whatever. (Too late, I think!)

I spent the next ten minutes silently putting bread rolls on their table, wiping other tables, serving the few customers we had at other tables, and generally not engaging too much with the couple.

The daughter did not return so I shrugged it off. I had to.
    Before I brought their meals out, they called me over. They were both looking a little bit troubled, and he was definitely pale now.

The woman was telling him not to tell me, just to leave it. But he insisted.
    (Then as he was telling me, she cut in ;) to tell the whole thing.)
    Apparently, they regularly went out to a restaurant every Saturday night and since their daughter was born, she had always been with them.
    This night, for the first ever, she was out with friends instead, and they were missing her terribly.
    They said that: “we’re missing her a lot tonight.”

I didn’t know what to say to that, but they told me that what convinced them I saw her, it was my absolute insistence, that I wouldn’t leave it alone, to the point I was nearly rude.
    Because I’d seen her, knew she was a young woman, likely to be their daughter etc. I didn’t just get a vague idea of three people.
    The couple had seemed like the type that would stay for dessert, the works.
    He got up and went quickly out to the lobby to make a phone call halfway or so through their meal.

I got busy and when I looked again, they had paid and left right after the main course. They never said goodbye ;) or said what the outcome of the phone call was... but to this day, I have always wondered if she was all right, and in any case, how did I see her come in and sit with them as real as both of them?

I was not scared, I should add that. At no point. I wasn’t threatened, wasn’t chilled or anything. I just wondered... how. All these years.

Have you posted this story on boards before? I had serious dejavu reading it!

gg2 wrote: »
    Have you posted this story on boards before? I had serious dejavu reading it!

I have never written it down anywhere, to the best of my knowledge.... I hardly tell it even verbally. That is very strange....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

thelad95 wrote: »
    It can be terrifying but I think aspects of dreams can mistakenly be registered as real life by your conscience. Sometimes I'll be half awake but I'll still be hearing and seeing things from my dream. Slightly different to sleep paralysis but can be equally as terrifying especially if you're having a bad dream.

True. It's rare but it happens. I remember one early morning dreaming there were snakes in my bed. I clearly remember waking up but still feeling like I was in the dream and proceeding to scramble around the bed trying to find the snakes. I was awake, knew I was awake, yet still felt like I was being controlled by my subconscious, and sleeping, mind.

A different scenario, but similar in ways, I remember waking up as normal one morning and went to get out of bed, but completely collapsed on the floor (I wasn't drinking or on meds). I lay there for a while thinking 'am I paralysed?' before I regained my mobility after about a minute or so. Basically, my mind was awake but my body was asleep.

Both those events have only happened that one time, it's certainly strange. Maybe the morning time has something to do with it - the brain sending mixed messages about whether you've had enough sleep or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

didnt happen to me , but freaked the living poo outta me....
    girl at work told me she did the ouija board few years back and whatever message they were spelling out turned out to be a sequence of numbers , only about 12-14 numbers and that was it , nothing else .someone was writing everything down , took down the number and thought nothing more of it.
    few weeks later , she was in a car that was involved in a fatal accident( dont know the ins and outs there) ,but turns out the other car's tyre blew out and car lost control, yadda yadda. The investigation centred on this tyre blowout , and the subsequent inquest ruled this the cause
    Turns out she was at home afterwards and came across the details of the tyre in the report(from inquest or police , not sure ) including the serial number , found the scrap of paper from the ouija board night and its the same fecking number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

didnt happen to me , but freaked the living poo outta me....
    girl at work told me she did the ouija board few years back and whatever message they were spelling out turned out to be a sequence of numbers , only about 12-14 numbers and that was it , nothing else .someone was writing everything down , took down the number and thought nothing more of it.
    few weeks later , she was in a car that was involved in a fatal accident( dont know the ins and outs there) ,but turns out the other car's tyre blew out and car lost control, yadda yadda. The investigation centred on this tyre blowout , and the subsequent inquest ruled this the cause
    Turns out she was at home afterwards and came across the details of the tyre in the report(from inquest or police , not sure ) including the serial number , found the scrap of paper from the ouija board night and its the same fecking number

Urban myth :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

A woman heard her name being whispered "NAA-TASH-SHAA".She looked at the baby monitor to find her son like this.

http://i.imgur.com/Nn9R1nL.jpg

Sure the moniter is on mute :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I genuinely would not normally find anything like these stories 'scary'
    but the truth of the matter is I lie here in bed, scrolling through story purely because I can't bring myself to have to put down my phone, be in darkness and have to try and sleep.

I'm a grown man ffs..

My god did some of those reads send shivers up my back though..

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

dorado wrote: »
    my guess is likely that the girl died and you saw her ghost. it would explain the man going pale and as for the "out with her mates" line, I think that was a lie so as not to make you feel terrible for asking about and reminding them of their daughter. perhaps they were in denial about her death and made am excuse so as to avoid acknowledging she was gone for good, instead simply gone out for the night. what a story though.....[/QUOTE]

That's a thought that never crossed my mind, even once. That she was already gone... and they knew. The chills I never got before- they're here ;) thanks for that.[/QUOTE]

That's probably it, why would the man go pale and why would the woman not want him to mention the daughter to you if she was just out with friends. That's so strange.

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    That's probably it, why would the man go pale and why would the woman not want him to mention the daughter to you if she was just out with friends. That's so strange.

I suppose I always thought,
    1) she didn't want him to tell me something that made them sound daft,
    2) that it was only after a while, after my telling them, they started to wonder if she was all right and it got to them.

But I'm glad I posted here and got a different perspective on it. I'll never know at this point, so guessing is just a bit of fun, but the idea they knew more than they said, that's a good one. Also makes as much sense as anything else. He genuinely did not look good at all when they called me over. I'll never forget it...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

will someone come and close my wardrobe doors I'm afraid to get out of bed now it's dark ;(

"note to self" don't read this thread when you can't sleep grrrrt

will someone come and close my wardrobe doors I'm afraid to get out of bed now it's dark ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

jeni wrote: »

assumed you got to sleep at the end!

nope still awake, but after 14 hours of staring at the wardrobe the monster came out and we had a chat turned out to be a nice guy ;)

nope still awake, but after 14 hours of staring at the wardrobe the monster came out and we had a chat turned out to be a nice guy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

jeni wrote: »

Was his name mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Few weeks back I dreamt about being in a restaurant one night just standing there waiting on an order, Lo and behold around half 2am in Amsterdam didn't I end up in that same restaurant and had to wait a few minutes for the order.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

soap1978 wrote: »
    Was his name mike

Mike Sullivan or Mike Myers?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

I had quite the unnerving dream last year that still creeps me out when I think about it:

Dreamt I was fighting with a shadow/demon thing that had the form of an adult man. In the dream, my room was dark, but I could still see the shape move around as I tried to attack it/call it out. At one point I had lunged for it, thinking to overtake it, but it swiftly outmaneuvered me and laughed so menacingly and loud in my ear, I woke from the sound, heart racing like I was having a panic attack. The voice was still ringing in my ears minutes after I'd waken from the dream and couldn't really shake it off for some time. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well for a few weeks after that episode.
    I still have the sound of the laugh deeply engrained in my head, since I'd never heard anything like that before or since.

To add to the creep factor, in the dream, the shadow thing had escaped into my brother's room after it laughed at me (his room and mine are separated by a door) and the next morning as I was telling the bro about it, he mentioned feeling really uneasy and unable to sleep that same night. Almost like something was oppressing him but he didn't know/understand what it was. Yeah, no thanks.
    2spooky4me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I had quite the unnerving dream last year that still creeps me out when I think about it:

Dreamt I was fighting with a shadow/demon thing that had the form of an adult man. In the dream, my room was dark, but I could still see the shape move around as I tried to attack it/call it out. At one point I had lunged for it, thinking to overtake it, but it swiftly outmaneuvered me and laughed so menacingly and loud in my ear, I woke from the sound, heart racing like I was having a panic attack. The voice was still ringing in my ears minutes after I'd waken from the dream and couldn't really shake it off for some time. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well for a few weeks after that episode.
    I still have the sound of the laugh deeply engrained in my head, since I'd never heard anything like that before or since.

To add to the creep factor, in the dream, the shadow thing had escaped into my brother's room after it laughed at me (his room and mine are separated by a door) and the next morning as I was telling the bro about it, he mentioned feeling really uneasy and unable to sleep that same night. Almost like something was oppressing him but he didn't know/understand what it was. Yeah, no thanks.
    2spooky4me

Thats not over!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

ardinn wrote: »
    Thats not over!

What's not over, Bats? /twirls hammer in her best Harley impersonation
    I hope to jaysus and all the deities this never happens again! Dx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I had a dream my boyfriend at the time (now my ex) cheated on me, and then a few days after, he had a dream he cheated on me.
    And then, guess what, some days after he cheats on me. I thought it was weird.
    Also, it was a friend of mine who told me he cheated on me, and when I confronted him, i sensed he wasn't telling me everything, so after detective work I caught him out on some important cheating details. I might be good at times with a sixth sense or gut feeling but they were definitely sharp that time round.

tbh wrote: »
    When I was 16 I went to Czechoslovakia, as it was then, to teach English for a week. Total disaster but that's for another thread. My first night there, I had to sleep in the train station in Prague. I got chatting to this American guy and we bunked down beside each other. Spent a while chatting and every so often this Czech guy who was about 18 would come over to us and try to talk to us but he'd no English and we'd no Czech so it wasn't very successful. He looked pretty grim. I fell asleep and was woken in the middle of the night by the sound of crying. The Czech lad was crouched at the end of my sleeping bag, sobbing, with this massive knife in his hand that he was kinda dragging across his wrist. In my ear I hear the American guy say "dude don't move a muscle and,don't make eye contact". I fall asleep in stressful situations and did so there and then. When I woke up the next morning, the American guy was gone without a trace and there was a big bloodstain on the end of my sleeping bag. Nothing was robbed or anything but I never saw either of them again.
    So yeah, that was pretty freaky and to be honest that wasn't even the freakiest thing that happened on that trip.
    I was in Prague once where one of the weirdest things happened to me, the hostel owner stabbed himself in the stomach to prove he didn't feel pain, licked the blood coming from his stomach, then asked me out on a date while also calling me fat.
    im summarising but man odd, is it a Prague thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I was in Prague once where one of the weirdest things happened to me, the hostel owner stabbed himself in the stomach to prove he didn't feel pain, licked the blood coming from his stomach, then asked me out on a date while also calling me fat.
    im summarising but man odd, is it a Prague thing?

Did you at least let him buy you coffee? :pac:

FGR wrote: »
    Did you at least let him buy you coffee? :pac:

no, got out of that hostel asap, strangest hostel owner ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

A couple of months ago I was sitting in my room working on some artwork as I like to paint ect. in my spare time. There was nobody else in the house at the time, everyone was either out or at work. So I'm well into the "zone" with my painting as I'd been working nonstop on it for the last 3 or 4 hours and was in a deep meditave state, my periperal vision had disapeared and all sense of time had gone out the window.

Suddenly I'm brought back to reality when I happen to hear from downstairs the letter box opening and ratteling around a bit so I'm thinking it's just the postman delivering some mail and I take no notice of it as I'm trying to stay focused on what I'm painting and stay in the "zone". I continue on what I'm doing as I'm nearly at a point in the picture where I feel I can take a break and get a cup of tea, go to the toilet ect. when I hear the front door open.

Now I'm thinking to myself that's wierd as I'm not expecting anyone to be home at that time, so I'm thinking someone must have forgot something or maybe they're sick and have come home from work. Another thing I note is that it sounds like more than one person coming in the door which I also find unusual. I hear someone coming up the stairs (my room is the first room at the top) but it doesn't sound like anyone I know. I hear the door knob of my room turning slowly, the door opens slowly and a hand with a black glove appears grabbing it on the upper part of the door!

To my shock there's a guy standing there dressed all in black, wearing a black scarf high up over his face in order to disguise it. S***! I'm being robbed! I instantly went into shock/fight or flight mode and without thinking I shouted at him "Get the F*** out of here now, you cheeky little F***s!" I then proceeded to run out the door after him, shouting obsceneties, making sure to make as much noise as possible as I went, as I knew there was someone downstairs at the time as well and I didn't know if they had weapons ect. I ran out the door after them but stoped chasing them at the end of my driveway as I had no shoes on and I wasn't sure if there was any more people still in the house. Luckly there wasn't anyone else left in the house and they didn't manage to rob anything either in the process.

A fairly unnerving experience all the same, I'm lucky that I'm a fairly thick skinned person so I don't have any trouble sleeping at night or anything like that after it but I do still get a little adrenaline rush every time I hear some post coming in the letterbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dramatik wrote: »
    A fairly unnerving experience all the same, I'm lucky that I'm a fairly thick skinned person so I don't have any trouble sleeping at night or anything like that after it but I do still get a little adrenaline rush every time I hear some post coming in the letterbox.

must have been very thin fellas to fit through the letterbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

sweetie wrote: »
    must have been very thin fellas to fit through the letterbox

Nah they weren't thin, the circus was in town at that time so I'm guessing that they were contortionists ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When I was a kid used to go to a local swimming pool during the summer. One of the instructors took a dislike to me and suggested I could use the pool anytime. Just climb over the wall and if a cover was over the pool I could swim under it. I stayed away after that. About 15 years later a young brother of a guy in my class went up to that pool one night. He swam under the cover and drowned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Just climb over the wall and if a cover was over the pool I could swim under it...

a young brother of a guy in my class went up to that pool one night. He swam under the cover and drowned.

Should be in the Darwin Award thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

reality is always more scary than fiction. i find the court case on at the moment extremely unnerving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I was in an electrical store in Crumlin years ago when this guy started staring at me from the other end of the shop. He was watching me but didn't look like the security guard. I was trying to avoid eye contact but between the gap in the fridges I could see he was still watching me. When I got to the corner he rushed over. Without anywhere else to hide I waited for some violence or commotion to erupt. His first words to me were: "Are you the 98fm fugitive?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

This happened to me this time last year.

I work with a civil construction firm in Australia and we do a lot of roadworks at night time. Anyway this night we leave our yard with 2 trucks with 2 light towers on tow. We needed 3 lights that night so as PM I drove back to the yard to collect the third light tower on my own its about 9pm and dark.

As I open the yard gate with the remote control and drive around the back of the store shed I see what looks like somebody walking behind a parked truck in the corner. I stop, lock the door of the jeep and sit there waiting to see any movement. If there was somebody there they cant get out of the yard as there is 12 foot concrete wall at the back and sides stopping them. I start to drive closer trying to get a better angle, drive up each side etc...cant see anything.

I spot a metal bar and drive over and pick it up, all while keeping a eye. I reverse back and just sit there stalking the parked truck. I ring a work mate and tell him the craic and tell him I'm going out to check inside the truck in case it wasn't locked. I keep the phone call connected to him and put it in my shirt pocket so he can hear whats happening. (I didn't call the police at this stage as I wasn't 100% sure was it a person at all). So I turn off my jeep so I can hear any sounds but keep the lights on. I walk to the truck check the passenger door...Locked. Drivers door was also locked. Check in the tipper tray of the truck its empty apart from a rope.

So I go back in my jeep pull out the phone and tell my work mate its a false alarm. I back up and hitch on the light tower and go to leave the yard. Then I remembered I needed to get a plan that was in my office. So I keep the jeep running as I go over to the reception door to the offices, open the door put in the alarm pin and walk to my office about 8 yards straight infront of the main reception door. I don't put on any lights as the office corridor has a night light always on.

Now I'm standing at my desk facing my chair with my back to the main door. I look for the plans for all of 20 seconds and double check I've the right ones for another 20 seconds maybe. I then turn, set the alarm and leave. Get in my jeep and drive back to site. Land back on site and the lads are all taking the hand of me calling me a pu**y etc etc...we all have a good laugh about it and think no more off it.

Now this is were it gets creepy.

We all had finished night shift at 2am dropped off the trucks and left the yard by 3am. At around 4am the owner of the firm lands at the yard for the start of the day shifters. He goes down the back and discovers the yard service man hanging by a railing in the tool shed, dead. I get a call at around 5:30 from my boss saying "John" had hung himself in the yard lastnight!! and I should come in and give a statement to the police as they checked the CCTV and couldn't rule out if it was foul play/sucide etc..

I go in meet the boss at the yard, police are there and I tell them about the incident at the yard that night bla bla bla. They said it matched what was on CCTV and then asked if I could look at the CCTV with them to talk thru what I done again.

The CCTV shows a man jump over the front fence...not 1 min later I arrive to pick up the 3rd light tower...shows my whole episode of checking around the truck and a grainy image of a person running behind a truck...I then drive to leave and as I drive down you can clearly see a person run behind me carrying something...I stop to go into the office...the figure stops...I walk into the office stand at my desk and 5 seconds later the person walks into the reception stands at the door holding a rope in his hand...he stands there for 5 seconds approx...walks to within 2 metres of me pauses and walks down the corridor and from there into the shed and then, well he hung himself.

Freaks me out to think about it and what was going thru his head and were did he hide in the truck, his desperation. Why come into his work to do it and why follow me into the office. Just freaks me out still. Looking at the CCTV footage of his creeping after me and trance like state standing behind me in the office is the creepiest thing I ever saw and will never ever forgot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

When i was 4/5 in school, my nana used to collect me with her lil doggy sam as my parents worked..(she lived bout 20min walk from my school)

one day she was running late and called the school to tell them to hold me back until she arrived - The message was never passed on to me.

So there i was waiting outside the school gates watching and waiting to see nana and sam.

A man pulled up in a navy saloon car (This is all i remember!)
    Telling me that he's a friend of my mams and she had asked him to collect me because my nana wasn't feeling well..

So off i pop into his car...(Silly i know)

This is all i remember from outside the school,

My next memory is sitting at the top of my nanas road on the kerb playing with a bag of penneys.

my mam pulled up next to me in her car and was in hysterics saying she had been looking for me and where was I etc etc. (Keep in mind i would have finished school about 2pm, she found me at 5:30pm)

To this day I remember replying, ''I'm not allowed say, i wanted the pennys''

I just wish i could remember what wasn't as important as the pennys :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

fiachr_a wrote: »
    When I was a kid used to go to a local swimming pool during the summer. One of the instructors took a dislike to me and suggested I could use the pool anytime. Just climb over the wall and if a cover was over the pool I could swim under it. I stayed away after that. About 15 years later a young brother of a guy in my class went up to that pool one night. He swam under the cover and drowned.

Was this instructor still in situ at the time of the boy's death?

If so and if this is true in the first place, you need to report this guy.

shakencat wrote: »
    When i was 4/5 in school, my nana used to collect me with her lil doggy sam as my parents worked..(she lived bout 20min walk from my school)

one day she was running late and called the school to tell them to hold me back until she arrived - The message was never passed on to me.

So there i was waiting outside the school gates watching and waiting to see nana and sam.

A man pulled up in a navy saloon car (This is all i remember!)
    Telling me that he's a friend of my mams and she had asked him to collect me because my nana wasn't feeling well..

So off i pop into his car...(Silly i know)

This is all i remember from outside the school,

My next memory is sitting at the top of my nanas road on the kerb playing with a bag of penneys.

my mam pulled up next to me in her car and was in hysterics saying she had been looking for me and where was I etc etc. (Keep in mind i would have finished school about 2pm, she found me at 5:30pm)

To this day I remember replying, ''I'm not allowed say, i wanted the pennys''

I just wish i could remember what wasn't as important as the pennys :/

So.. you spent the afternoon with this man and he dropped you home, but you don't remember anything about the afternoon? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The other evening I silently said (in my head) to my recently deceased relative "You know I hate the idea of a spirit visiting me or seeing a spirit, but send me a feather if you're around".

I went to bed half an hour later and felt something scratching my leg under the duvet.

Kept reaching down to scratch but it was an itch that wouldn't go away.
    I turned the light on and looked under the duvet and a white feather was on the sheet, the nib bit scratching at my leg.
    My duvet is not a feather one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

shakencat wrote: »

whaaat? seriously? did your parents never report this? did you go to the hospital to get checked out afterwards?

fussyonion wrote: »
    The other evening I silently said (in my head) to my recently deceased relative "You know I hate the idea of a spirit visiting me or seeing a spirit, but send me a feather if you're around".

I went to bed half an hour later and felt something scratching my leg under the duvet.

Kept reaching down to scratch but it was an itch that wouldn't go away.
    I turned the light on and looked under the duvet and a white feather was on the sheet, the nib bit scratching at my leg.
    My duvet is not a feather one.

Really?

I don't like the idea of dead relatives knowing what I'm thinking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    So.. you spent the afternoon with this man and he dropped you home, but you don't remember anything about the afternoon? :confused:

You know what I'd think I'd be grateful that I don't remember, strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

No I remember nothing, Yes, Mam has said I went to doctors, I don't remember that either.

i find it bizarre that i don't remember it either.

but, I didn't remember any of this until mam spoke about it one night when we were on a family holiday (was about 16) after a few drinks.

As soon as she mentioned it I did remember the pennys and sitting on the kerb with my mam over me crying.

Don't worry. I do find it extremely odd too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

I've followed this thread on and off for ages and having read all of the most recent posts I decided I would randomly click back to an earlier page and start reading from there again if I hadn't already read them.

So the page I started to read on happened to have posts from a few people talking about "death knocks". Have never even heard this term before and I'm at my desk here in an old converted building (over 100 years old in Sydney) where noise travels quite easily and all of a sudden I hear a really loud KNOCK KNOCK coming from right above me. It has scared the life out of me what a weird coincidence :(

Then I decided I would google the building that I am working in to see if there is any history about it online and the first thing that pops up is a news article from yesterday with the headline "Don't be spooked but this building was once owned by the Department of Defence". The article had nothing very spooky in it but all the same it was weird that that was the first thing to pop up!

I am now quite spooked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

"Don't be spooked but this building was once owned by the Department of Defence".

A bit spooky right enough but maybe referring to the use of the word spook for spy.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

I was leaving my house this morning and walking down a back lane to the bus stop. I got this unnerving notion that I would find a body, it really was quite an odd feeling. There was no body, but little stains on the ground with some leaves which looked like blood or any number of other substances.
    I got the bus to the train station like I do every morning. Same old faces on the platform as always, then as the express freight train howled through the station a girl threw herself in front of it. I can still see parts of her legs on the tracks and just so much blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I was leaving my house this morning and walking down a back lane to the bus stop. I got this unnerving notion that I would find a body, it really was quite an odd feeling. There was no body, but little stains on the ground with some leaves which looked like blood or any number of other substances.
    I got the bus to the train station like I do every morning. Same old faces on the platform as always, then as the express freight train howled through the station a girl threw herself in front of it. I can still see parts of her legs on the tracks and just so much blood.

Bloody hell. Hope you're ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

ivytwine wrote: »
    Bloody hell. Hope you're ok.

Yeah I'm alright thanks. Just a very weird start to the week. It happened so fast that at first I barely even registered it had occurred. Then the aftermath became apparent.

Advertisement