Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming off Illness Benefit - What can I apply for?

Options
  • 27-05-2020 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys

Been on I.B for a year now - finally been signed off by doctor to resume/be fit for work and I have my old full time position to go back to in mid September which I'm delighted about.

In the meantime, what can I/can't I apply for?

Obviously rent and bills will have to be paid for over the next 3 months, so do I apply for JobSeekers in the meantime, am I entitled to the Covid payment or am I indeed applicable to claim any sort of payment?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

Why is your position not available before September?

If it is COVID related, you can apply for Pandemic Unemployment Payment. There will be an issue since if you were not being paid through payroll in March this year, but if you write a cover letter explaining the situation, they should be able to pay you. A letter from your employer confirming that you have been on sick leave will assist.

Currently the Wage Subsidy Scheme will not be available to you, although this issue is being looked at, and this may be an option if the scheme is amended.

Otherwise, if you have been on sick leave, you would generally be entitled to return to work once you were fit to do so.

If you have been laid off, but not due to COVID, then it would be a Jobseekers application.

Advertisement